A report from Epcot: 2/28/2009

Thelazer

Original Poster
Was at Epcot last night, 2/28/2009.

OMG was the place busy!

Many folks out in World Showcase, plenty of people with bags of merchandise in there hands. If there is a recession, I didn't see it last night.

Also Kim Possible is a HIT.

Wow, I couldn't walk 10 feet without seeing someone with the communicator in there hand. Quite often I would see one family waiting nearby while another family completed a challenge. If I was Disney, I would roll this sucker out property wide, and NOW!

Jay

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I agree about the Kim Possible attraction. Definitely a winner. It was great fun to do, and lots of people seemed to be enjoying themselves with it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They`ll have to look at increasing the capacity of KP by the sounds of it.

It is very very low at the moment.

redkoala245

Thanks for the info. :)

I never got to do the Kim Possible thing the last time I was there but I was always hearing that phone ring.
How was it?

hawkwood

A few of us were at Epcot yesterday (2/28); a friend's daughter was our "secret agent", and was in charge of saving the world (which we did; THREE TIMES!! Once in Norway, once in Germany, and then again in Great Britain).

Kim Possible is very fun, though there were a few occassions that we "stepped on" another party at the same location. Not a big deal, but wish there were a way to avoid that from happening.

The crowds were fairly busy around world showcase, but not excessive. Saw a couple of groups "drinking around the world", and a lot of groups there for the ESPN weekend events.

I did notice while browsing through Mouse Gears that there were a lot of sales; toys were 35% off, etc. That would explain the high number of shopping bags.

Brian Noble

We just got back from a week in the World. My kids (daughter 10, son 8) both proclaimed Kim Possible the highlight. It beat out Toy Story hands down.

imamouse

A few of us were at Epcot yesterday (2/28); a friend's daughter was our "secret agent", and was in charge of saving the world (which we did; THREE TIMES!! Once in Norway, once in Germany, and then again in Great Britain).

Kim Possible is very fun, though there were a few occassions that we "stepped on" another party at the same location. Not a big deal, but wish there were a way to avoid that from happening.

The crowds were fairly busy around world showcase, but not excessive. Saw a couple of groups "drinking around the world", and a lot of groups there for the ESPN weekend events.

I did notice while browsing through Mouse Gears that there were a lot of sales; toys were 35% off, etc. That would explain the high number of shopping bags.

Which KP adventure did you enjoy the most: Norway, Germany or Great Britain?

CaptainMichael

I'm not completely sold on the KP adventure. All of the fun is taken out of it when there are a bunch of other people in the same country on the same assignment. Especially when someone reaches the conclusion just as you walk up...total buzz kill.

Lee

Adventurer
Very true.
They are gonna have to do something about that.
Limiting the capacity would be hard due to demand. I would almost rather see them make it a specially ticked activity. Like add more missions to each round and do two rounds per day. Sign up for the morning mission or the afternoon mission...book in advance. That kind of thing.

Nothing worse than having the thing spoiled for you by the people ahead of you.

LeeLee D

We tried KP for the first time Saturday. We had missions in Japan, France and UK.

We enjoyed them all, but UK was the best!:sohappy:

There were quite a few people on missions at the same time, but we would just hang back so we couldn't hear them.

WDW1974

I really enjoyed KP ... did it three times (Mexico, China and Japan -- and enjoyed them in that order too).

I think why it works so well is the limited capacity. If everyone was doing this at the same time not only would it likely 'ruin' the experience for many ... but it also would likely interfere with the enjoyment of the park by other guests ... you just can't have thousands of folks doing this at the same time. As someone mentioned above ... there were a few cases where you arrived at a destination at the same time as someone else and that does spoil the fun.

You really don't want any more folks running around with Kimmunicators at the same time or you're looking at another stroller/ECV problem.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Brian Noble

I guess Disney wasn't prepared for mature adults flocking to this attraction in droves.
We noticed a significant number of adult-only parties playing along, and were a little surprised by it. But, it seems to work very well for a variety of guest groups.

surfsupdon

I think the popularity of Kim Possible shows that something NEW to do was/is still needed in World Showcase. I love World Showcase, one of my favorite places, but updating restaurants and adding new shops here and there is not enough to refresh things.

Kim Possible is having people explore World Showcase like never before. And its popularity shows that something new is what's needed in this area. I am not talking new rides necessarily......but a new country! Or new entertainment ideas.

Yes, the new films to several of the countriies was a nice improvement as well.

I did the Kim Possible mission in China. I think the Missions could be much better if they utilized several countries of WS in one mission, similar to an Amazing Race type format of COuntry-Hopping.

cblodg

I was just at EPCOT last week. We were actually walking through on Friday and it was really busy.

Yeah the Kim Possible thing really seems to be working well and it's gotten kids more involved with World Showcase.

I couldn't believe the number of characters that were out the whole week in World Showcase. More than I've ever seen in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom