A new voice for Minnie Mouse

mharrington

Original Poster
This is probably as good a place as any to put this...

I posted a topic like this years ago, but I feel it bears bringing up again: after Wayne Allwine's passing and subsequent replacement by Bret Iwan as the voice of Mickey Mouse (that strange Mickey Mouse cartoon show notwithstanding), who do you think should take over as the voice of Minnie Mouse? I know Russi Taylor is still doing it, but she is even a few years older than Wayne. Now, this is just my opinion and I don't wish to insult anyone, but suppose something should happen to her (i.e., passing away, retirement, etc.), and Minnie was left without a voice. Who could take over for her?

I personally had originally thought of Kari Wahlgren, but as it is confirmed that Kate Micucci will voice Webby in the new "DuckTales" show, maybe Micucci could do it. Mind you, I haven't heard Micucci as Webby yet, but I do know that Russi Taylor had voiced her (and the nephews) on the original show.

What are your thoughts?

mharrington

Original Poster
With enough pitching, I could see her with a very clear Minnie voice. The problem is that her voice is so distinctive that you would think Kristen Schaal the moment you hear her, not Minnie Mouse.

Exactly, and that's why I want someone who can get that voice. I don't think Schaal can do it.

brb1006

It's going to be very difficult to imagine any voice actress trying to fit into Russi Taylor's shoes when she passes away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom