A new Toontown for WDW - Yet another revival (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
I forgot to ask you, based on this:

If you just want to share your ideas and receive feedback, maybe title them, "mharrington's Mickey's Toontown--Feedback and Critiques Welcome", or something along those lines. That way perhaps people will take the hint and not tell you what they want, but rather what they think of your ideas.

But if I was to let them know that all I want is feedback, wouldn't that prevent them from providing ideas? Providing feedback and providing ideas are two different things, aren't they? If all I wanted was feedback, they wouldn't be able to provide me with ideas, would they?

goofy donald

I forgot to ask you, based on this:

But if I was to let them know that all I want is feedback, wouldn't that prevent them from providing ideas? Providing feedback and providing ideas are two different things, aren't they? If all I wanted was feedback, they wouldn't be able to provide me with ideas, would they?

yes they would, thats essentially part of the definition of feedback, however most likely you would shoot down said ideas so it would be irregardless :ROFLOL:

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm also trying to work out the background music for the land, but I'm not really sure how classic Disney cartoons fit the Studios. Here's the music loop for Toontown Fair (based on Disney Music Loops):

• The Grasshopper and the Ants
  • Little Toot
  • The Pied Piper
  • The Country Cousin
  • Who Killed Co(c)k Robin (I had to make an adjustment to be the censorship here)
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Springtime
  • The Tortoise and the Hare
  • Casey At the Bat
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Goofy's Theme
  • Minnie's Yoo Hoo
  • Donald Duck's Theme
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
  • Box Lunch
  • Camping Out
  • Funny Little Bunnies
  • Playful Pluto
  • Pluto's Playmate
  • Puppy Love

I just don't think that the music loop for Toontown Fair would fit well here at DHS. So what can be done about that?

mharrington

Original Poster
Sorry for bumping up this thread from so long ago, but I have another dilemma with Toontown in DHS...

Some years ago, I created a thread on a new dark ride with Goofy as part of an improved Toontown Fair: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-goofy-ride.109925/. It was to be a new version of the Roger Rabbit ride, so as to use a character that Disney actually 100% owns. Since then, however, I've had second thoughts about that particular ride, thinking it was too much like the Roger Rabbit ride. So I've been trying to come up with other dark ride concepts with Goofy to use. One of them was this one based on an abandoned concept for "Goofy About Road Trips", which was originally considered for DCA and be about California's car culture, before Cars Land was announced instead. The basic ride concept for this would be loosely based on "A Goofy Movie" and be about a cross-country road trip by the anthropomorphic friend of Mickey's. The attraction took riders on a journey with the absentminded Goofy where things went awry and mayhem ensued. Here are some images based on that:
281117660-20143143.jpg

281931900-20143146.jpg

Another was a ride like another abandoned ride concept called "Dick Tracy Crimestoppers", except with Goofy.

My question is, how could the Goofy-themed dark ride fit in at DHS, particularly if I did go with the "road trip" concept?

Sam Magic

Well I think I may have a solution to this all. If you guys remember the original toon town plan for DHS then this thread should be what to put inside it. I think that the "toon town" should be the Original Disney studios building and inside have things related to each character and maybe even Oswald in there. Afterall he is making a comeback!

MA Screamin'

"Goofy About Roadtrips" would be a great ride, in my opinion! Well, could Goofy maybe own a travel agency (or something similar), and he's touring you the various trip locations? Also, I was looking at the pictures, and maybe you could start at a Radiator Springs type mountain? (If we were doing Cars at Pixar Place, well, that idea wouldn't work, right?)

mharrington

Original Poster
"Goofy About Roadtrips" would be a great ride, in my opinion! Well, could Goofy maybe own a travel agency (or something similar), and he's touring you the various trip locations? Also, I was looking at the pictures, and maybe you could start at a Radiator Springs type mountain? (If we were doing Cars at Pixar Place, well, that idea wouldn't work, right?)

But how would this ride "Goofy About Road Trips" fit in the Studios?

tl77

^ this idea is great, mini rides based on the classic cartoons, but I don't know about where he wants to place it. The original MGM "Roger Rabbit's Toon Town" was supposed to go on Sunset Boulevard where all the little outdoor quick sever restaurants are now, and have a back entrance to the Animation Courtyard

mharrington

Original Poster
^ this idea is great, mini rides based on the classic cartoons, but I don't know about where he wants to place it. The original MGM "Roger Rabbit's Toon Town" was supposed to go on Sunset Boulevard where all the little outdoor quick sever restaurants are now, and have a back entrance to the Animation Courtyard

I don't know where I want to place it, because I can't think of too many places where I can place it. I just don't think that classic Disney shorts really belong in the Studios. And how would the Goofy About Road Trips ride concept fit in the Studios?

Turtle

I don't know where I want to place it, because I can't think of too many places where I can place it. I just don't think that classic Disney shorts really belong in the Studios.
Classic black-and-white disney shorts would fit because they are films and hollywood studios is about films.. it would feel black-and-white and like coney island with Steamboat Willie (water carousel), Plane Crazy (outdoor family coaster), a Silly Symphony playground, a quick-service restaurant, and a Mickey meet and greet. That's all, it's supposed to be a MINI-land which would be in-between Sunset Boulevard and Animation Courtyard

mharrington

Original Poster
Classic black-and-white disney shorts would fit because they are films and hollywood studios is about films.. it would feel black-and-white and like coney island with Steamboat Willie (water carousel), Plane Crazy (outdoor family coaster), a Silly Symphony playground, a quick-service restaurant, and a Mickey meet and greet. That's all, it's supposed to be a MINI-land which would be in-between Sunset Boulevard and Animation Courtyard

But I've never before seen classic shorts represented in any park that wasn't a castle park. And would it still be put inside some soundstage-like building?

Turtle

But I've never before seen classic shorts represented in any park that wasn't a castle park. And would it still be put inside some soundstage-like building?
No it would be outside.. and what shorts are represented in a castle park?

EDIT: It's gonna feel like a carnival but black-and-white and without the games

mharrington

Original Poster
No it would be outside.. and what shorts are represented in a castle park?

EDIT: It's gonna feel like a carnival but black-and-white and without the games

Well, there are no representation of individual shorts, but any references to the shorts in general in any way, shape or form had been found usually in a castle park (i.e., Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland).

I was under the impression that your land would be indoors, so as to keep out any contrasts between black-and-white and color. And I also know for a fact that a carnival would also be out of place in a place like the Studios.

Turtle

Well, there are no representation of individual shorts, but any references to the shorts in general in any way, shape or form had been found usually in a castle park (i.e., Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland).

I was under the impression that your land would be indoors, so as to keep out any contrasts between black-and-white and color. And I also know for a fact that a carnival would also be out of place in a place like the Studios.
It wouldn't literally BE a carnival, but the feel and art direction/architecture would feel like one.

EDIT: I think an indoor land (mini-land) would be kinda redundant.. And DHS needs some outdoor rides anyways because everything is inside (Plane Crazy Coaster, Steamboat Willie)

mharrington

Original Poster
It wouldn't literally BE a carnival, but the feel and art direction/architecture would feel like one.

I know what you meant, that it would look like a carnival yet not actually a carnival, but literal or not, I just don't think a carnival really fits in at the Studios.

Turtle

I know what you meant, that it would look like a carnival yet not actually a carnival, but literal or not, I just don't think a carnival really fits in at the Studios.
Well apparently the whole studios' identity and theme is changing into movie fun so maybe this will fit in. ^.^

mharrington

Original Poster
Well apparently the whole studios' identity and theme is changing into movie fun so maybe this will fit in. ^.^

Yes, but I don't really consider shorts to be really movies. And look at Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards or even Animation Courtyard (heck, look at the whole park), and you tell me if the carnival theme would fit in the park. And while we're at it, let's look at this music loop for Toontown Fair:

• The Grasshopper and the Ants
  • Little Toot
  • The Pied Piper
  • The Country Cousin
  • Who Killed Co(c)k Robin (I had to make an adjustment to be the censorship here)
  • The Skeleton Dance
  • Springtime
  • The Tortoise and the Hare
  • Casey At the Bat
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Goofy's Theme
  • Minnie's Yoo Hoo
  • Donald Duck's Theme
  • Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
  • Box Lunch
  • Camping Out
  • Funny Little Bunnies
  • Playful Pluto
  • Pluto's Playmate
  • Puppy Love

And also, let's actually listen to some of the music, too:

I just don't think that the music loop for Toontown Fair would fit well here at DHS. So what can be done about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom