A new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios?

mharrington

Original Poster
Yes, I know they recently renamed the Disney-MGM Studios to Disney's Hollywood Studios, so it seems a bit silly to give yet another new name. But let's face it, the park has long since abandoned any pretense of being a true movie studio.

So now, what should the park be renamed to? I was initially thinking of Disney's Hollywood Kingdom, but the "Kingdom" part has just been done to death already. So what should we call the park? Another idea I've thought of include Disney's Hollywood Adventure (which sounds a bit too plain). What do you think should happen?

Omegadiz

Well come to think of it the park doesnt have much of a theme anymore. Hollywood Adventure would probably be a good name due to most of the attractions are based of of things/ shows/ people/ characters recognized in hollywood and the rides are mostly a twist on them.

I personaly want to close a few Disney parks (dont crap your pants its only temperary) and fix a lot of things then open them again.

amung those parks are...
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Walt Disney Studios Park
ill post some pics of what i would do a bit later

Thumbelina

I dont get it, why do you guys keep bring up youtube? what does youtube have to do with Disney?

Idk I liked the old name, mgm studios but thats just me haha

mharrington

Original Poster
Well come to think of it the park doesnt have much of a theme anymore. Hollywood Adventure would probably be a good name due to most of the attractions are based of of things/ shows/ people/ characters recognized in hollywood and the rides are mostly a twist on them.

I personaly want to close a few Disney parks (dont crap your pants its only temperary) and fix a lot of things then open them again.

amung those parks are...
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Walt Disney Studios Park
ill post some pics of what i would do a bit later

Why would you want to shut the parks down? Why not just leave them open?

ScorpionX

Not sure if the Youtube idea would work out with the theme of the REST of the rides, but I like Hollywoodland!
I was thinking a new attraction could come with the new name. The ride would be in the spot where Hunchback of Notre Dame used to be. Its name is The YouTube Experience. We would travel through scenes of the most viewed and/or suscribed videos of all time. It would be a traditional Fantasyland-style dark ride mixed with Star Tours.

jonnyc

I was thinking a new attraction could come with the new name. The ride would be in the spot where Hunchback of Notre Dame used to be. Its name is The YouTube Experience. We would travel through scenes of the most viewed and/or suscribed videos of all time. It would be a traditional Fantasyland-style dark ride mixed with Star Tours.

I envisage the kids from It's A Small World singing Chocolate Rain.

Omegadiz

i personally want to do it because theres too many renivations that could be done. and would kinda ruin a guest's experiece if they see nothing but construction going on for like five years.

Hong Kong-
i would replace the castle to become Snow White's (main reason to close it)
reroute the road on the other side of tomorrowland and behind fantasyland
expand fantasyland, or at least give it DLP's land scaping so its not a bare court yard.
probably reposition its a small world.

Omegadiz

CONTINUED
DHS-
i would get rid of the the current backlot tour (adding a new one later)
i would expand PIXAR Place to a little bit of the area behind the animation courtyard and the current blt
after mickey's ttf is gone i would add a very roger like toon town in the rest of the area behind the ac and it would be borderd by the rnrc's show building. big huh?
i would turn nys into muppets studio
i would add a brodway somewhere
find some place for a seemingly real studio with game shows that

Omegadiz

has had like guts and legends of the hidden temple.
an lucasland like place to include a starwars show
i kinda wanna change DHS's F! script. im all about originality
the voyage of the little mermaid and beauty and the beast would need some replace ment after fle
the toll road would be moved a bit

WDSP-
imo the worst disney park ever. and most people complain about dca.
i would move the blt so it doesnt border dlp i would also change the footprint of the park to the opposite side of the

Omegadiz

blt.
toon studio is sad. i could tell you how to fix it.
a walking studio tour would be added
and the parking lot in the center of the park would be expanded on

yeti

With a new addition to the Disney mountain chain!

candy-mountain.jpg

Beware! The aboninable creature that prowls the icy caverns of Candy Mountain...

...the LEOPLURADON!

leopluradon.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jt04

The Studios at Walt Disney World
The Studios of WDW
WDW Studios
Disney World's Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios at WDW

Of course no matter what it gets called eventually it will be called 'the studios' by everyone. :lol:

ScorpionX

The Studios at Walt Disney World
The Studios of WDW
WDW Studios
Disney World's Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios at WDW

Of course no matter what it gets called eventually it will be called 'the studios' by everyone. :lol:
Those are great ideas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom