Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Me when I got off Slinky Dog:

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

The Marketplace served a frozen pina colada slushy that hit the spot! Better yet, we found bench to sit on.

6894B800-496F-4E01-88A0-C19DB25AF917.jpeg

My phone buzzed. I’d received a text from a fellow Magician who asked if we were able to stop by for a quick meet.

We hurried over to Baseline Tap House where @ajrwdwgirl and her hubby Brad had snagged a prime people-watching table.

C69264DF-88F9-4F58-91AF-947C0F89B0F4.jpeg

A216CDF7-A1E7-4B2E-892D-B906A73411AD.jpeg

It was such fun getting to meet Brad (finally!) and talking birthdays, anniversaries and Disney of course!

It was a shame that our lunch ADRs (at the same restaurant) were an hour apart. Em and I would have enjoyed spending more time with Bramy! 😆

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Me when I got off Slinky Dog:

Blazing Heat Wave GIF

The Marketplace served a frozen pina colada slushy that hit the spot! Better yet, we found bench to sit on.

View attachment 571606

My phone buzzed. I’d received a text from a fellow Magician who asked if we were able to stop by for a quick meet.

We hurried over to Baseline Tap House where @ajrwdwgirl and her hubby Brad had snagged a prime people-watching table.

View attachment 571607

View attachment 571608

It was such fun getting to meet Brad (finally!) and talking birthdays, anniversaries and Disney of course!

It was a shame that our lunch ADRs (at the same restaurant) were an hour apart. Em and I would have enjoyed spending more time with Bramy! 😆

Bramy enjoyed see you and Em as well!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We bid goodbye to the Baseline power couple and walked the hundred yards to Mama Melrose.

Look who greeted us! Jean!

B09EF6D3-23A0-4B13-A0B7-B2231F7B6592.jpeg

We could not figure out why there was plexiglass in front of this curtain.

C73C0955-A470-4C13-AD4D-8EAA75678155.jpeg

First order of business, @Sillysidewalker!

DA0EE401-D393-44E9-A171-DE12D87EE03B.jpeg

The rolls were warm and doughy as usual. :hungry:

B9DA8612-8F37-4B55-A0C2-7AC3CF35C43E.jpeg

Em couldn’t pass up Mama’s signature steak with the four cheese macaroni. I don’t want @LisaBelle ‘s drool to short-circuit her electronic device so I am not posting a picture of it. 😉

I went with the cheese plate.

1205D686-6234-4848-986C-D5DCFC8C97D4.jpeg

Yes, that is an entire plate full of grated Parmesan cheese. I have no idea why our server brought it to our table other than commenting, “we can’t freshly grate cheese for you yet.”

Well Em’s four cheese macaroni certainly didn’t need more cheese, and my Margherita pizza was sufficiently cheesy for me. However I would have felt guilty not using any of the Parmesan, so I sprinkled some on top.

D6CC0901-05B1-4835-885A-E3CA19F298F8.jpeg

Lunch was delicious and the effects of Em’s margarita (it was strong!) made me chuckle.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We bid goodbye to the Baseline power couple and walked the hundred yards to Mama Melrose.

View attachment 571618

We could not figure out why there was plexiglass in front of this curtain.

View attachment 571619

First order of business, @Sillysidewalker!

View attachment 571622

The rolls were warm and doughy as usual. :hungry:

View attachment 571625

Em couldn’t pass up Mama’s signature steak with the four cheese macaroni. I don’t want @LisaBelle ‘s drool to short-circuit her electronic device so I am not posting a picture of it. 😉

View attachment 571621

Yes, that is an entire plate full of grated Parmesan cheese. I have no idea why our server brought it to our table other than commenting, “we can’t freshly grate cheese for you yet.”

Well Em’s four cheese macaroni certainly didn’t need more cheese, and my Margherita pizza was sufficiently cheesy for me. However I would have felt guilty not using any of the Parmesan, so I sprinkled some on top.

View attachment 571623

Lunch was delicious and the effects of Em’s margarita (it was strong!) made me chuckle.

Well, it is almost like we had lunch together. Brad and I were seated at that same table later! We also got the plate of cheese, and this Wisconsin girl did not let it go to waste!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
One viewing of MMRR’s preshow would not suffice for us today.

CA06E5D2-16B5-4921-B7E2-3FEB7485C255.jpeg

Earlier @ajrwdwgirl had shared with us her personal observation of an Easter egg in this attraction. She wondered why she hadn’t seen many comments about it. I wouldn’t be sharing her story at all (and I hope you don’t mind, Amy) except Em and I got to experience it for ourselves…..AND SHE IS RIGHT!!

Only guests seated in the vehicle that is the last one to leave Daisy’s dance studio have the opportunity to hear Daisy laugh….or, more accurately, cackle….exactly like the Wicked Witch of the West.

13BC7A54-46B4-403B-BAAA-FCE74B58F08C.jpeg

Who, as Amy pointed out, would have stood in Daisy’s exact spot in the Great Movie Ride.

1626051836556.jpeg

HOW COOL IS THAT??!!

amjt660

So many things to comment on!!

“One of them has hit a wall,” whispered Em.
fail austin powers GIF

since the abuela literally leapt off the scooter and ran to catch up with them…
I know I used this before but it really does work in many situations

George Costanza Fire GIF

Not only was their behavior unsafe, they were essentially holding the rest of us hostage.
Episode 4 GIF by The Simpsons

so we went for a saucy spin.
spin dab GIF

sounds like the summer of George to me!!
Im Not Even Sorry Matt Leblanc GIF

have the opportunity to hear Daisy laugh….or, more accurately, cackle….exactly like the Wicked Witch of the West.

that Em is a smart one!!

think about it GIF by HULU

And last but not least
1626090763006.png

Why would you post a picture with only half of Daisy in it? A real head scratcher.....

Max

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So many things to comment on!!

fail austin powers GIF
Pretty much sums up the situation we encountered.
The perfect universal gif. 😁
And the abuela moved just as fast as George! 🤣
That makes me wanna 🤮
that Amy is a smart one!!

think about it GIF by HULU
FTFY.
And last but not least
Why would you post a picture with only half of Daisy in it? A real head scratcher.....
Max
Because it was Shirley and company that I was focused on.
19808AFF-6771-4D86-9D8D-BFE5FF788D16.jpeg

fractal

One viewing of MMRR’s preshow would not suffice for us today.

View attachment 571626

Earlier @ajrwdwgirl had shared with us her personal observation of an Easter egg in this attraction. She wondered why she hadn’t seen many comments about it. I wouldn’t be sharing her story at all (and I hope you don’t mind, Amy) except Em and I got to experience it for ourselves…..AND SHE IS RIGHT!!

Only guests seated in the vehicle that is the last one to leave Daisy’s dance studio have the opportunity to hear Daisy laugh….or, more accurately, cackle….exactly like the Wicked Witch of the West.

View attachment 571627

Who, as Amy pointed out, would have stood in Daisy’s exact spot in the Great Movie Ride.

View attachment 571633

HOW COOL IS THAT??!!

That is VERY cool!

slipperalwaysfits

One’s hands can get sticky while eating BBQ. Fun Fact: Regal Eagle has a convenient hand-washing station near the side door.

The Berry Punch ~ white grape juice with strawberry, peach and blackberry ~ sounded refreshing.
OOOhhhhhh, thanks for the Regal Eagle review! The Berry Punch does sound good but after your review, I'm not so sure! I think I'd love it without the grape juice---although I do love white grape juice in Sparkling Cider so....maybe?!
The humidity was unbearable but our gamble paid off. Less than 30 minutes later we were on board!
WOW!! I wish I had the guts to wait a little bit. I might start waiting and set a timer but then you can't get out of the queue....

YAY for WDW Magic Meet and Greets! Baseline is the perfect spot to catch up! (I'm assuming, it's been 6 years and I still keep telling myself I need to go! And Mama Melrose...like Em, I always get the steak and it's soooo very, very good. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
WOW! What a cool tidbit! Thank you for sharing!! :geek::geek::bookworm:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day Three, con’t

Em and I headed out of DHS after our second MMRR ride. The crowds today reminded us of summer trips prior to FP+….busy, but manageable.

She had a couple interviews to conduct so I went to the pool for a bit.

5C186485-F8CA-4DBD-B878-A9B4E359BDC5.jpeg

Soon the rumblings chased me and all the other pool people away. I was back in our room in the nick of time. The rain wasn’t hard but it was steady, along with rolling thunder.

D5975B16-8C7D-470C-81F4-F775B12D4ECD.jpeg

We had hoped for a break in the weather later when we needed to leave the Lodge, but nope!

317D943F-A0B3-48DF-BA24-D4D3B73C85A5.jpeg

Sweet Em offered to get the car and pick me up so I could stay dry. That’s her in the rain jacket with the umbrella.

FA528F07-0FAF-49C6-B552-18B1F7A23A4B.jpeg

We weren’t traveling far, but the nasty rain slowed down traffic on 192 to a crawl. What should have taken 15 minutes was double that. The good news was the rain had ceased when we arrived in Margaritaville.

My brother was in town on business and we met at his cottage. Our plan had been to walk to dinner but with the uncertainty of more inclement weather we opted to drive.

67D5C8D8-98E3-4DA8-97F9-F69E3D502002.jpeg

We dined at Euphoria in the hotel lobby.

1626187968656.jpeg

While there wasn’t a Jimmy Buffett sighting, his music played in the background.

Afterwards we toured the expansive resort grounds. Margaritaville has such a fun, tropical vibe! It also feels similar to WDW in that it’s in a bubble, with the “real world” feeling miles and miles away….

We were glad to discover a new place conveniently located to our favorite place. And was great to spend time with my brother, whom we don’t get to see very often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom