A New Disney Theme Park Resort (Open Brainstorming)

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
I do think we should incorporate some more original ideas, while still keeping the charm of the classics. My thoughts are for a South American area, since that is the least-explored locale for Disney Parks I can think of. I can't think of a single South American-themed attraction or area! My idea is to split it into geographical regions strung around the central river and an explorable island surrounded by the Jungle Cruise. Here is my basic idea:

You enter in a Middle Eastern area. Moving down, you come to an Sub-Saharan African-inspired area. From there, we move to Polynesia/Oceania, and then India/South Asia, then East Asia, and then South America, the Caribbean, transitioning to Neverland near Fantasyland.

Attraction ideas (just listing ideas, we will probably add/delete attractions):

-Aladdin (dark ride?) (C)
-Sinbad's Seven Voyages (E)
-The Lion King (C)
-Jungle Cruise (C)
-Enchanted Tiki Room (C)
-Jungle Book log flume (E)
-Indiana Jones Stunt Show (D)
-Indiana Jones Adventure (E)
-Indiana Jones Roller Coaster (D)
-Expedition Everest (E)
-Up attraction (C)
-Emperor's New Groove (C)
-Pirates of the Caribbean (E)
-Adventure Isle/Neverland (B)
-Captain Hook's Ship

NOTE: I added some things to Frontierland.

Foltzy

Hi guys. I just realized this thread but...

I'm a fan of the emperors new groove ride, but will it just incorporate the first movie or will it have kronks new groove and the TV show too

orlando678-

I had an idea based on Sinbad and the Bird Roc. It is an indoor coaster where you fly around the skies while you encounter several of the giant Arabian birds. It would be similar to this but then disney style.

I'm not sure if you can see, but there are audio animatronics inside the ride.

Also for the Polynesian area I was thinking about something Lilo and Stitch, maybe a shooter ride where you have to catch Stitch's cousins or a show or a stitch's great escape like ride where you encounter some of Jumba's experiments. Maybe a volcano coaster based on Pele, the god of fire in place of expedition Everest.

For Neverland I thought it would be cool to have a splash battle ride based on Captain Hook and his crew and maybe a coaster based on the lost boys. If you want Pixie Hollow in the park then I think I have some ideas for some rides there:
Pixie hollow pond where you board leaves and float like aquatopia vehicles over the waters of Pixie Hollow
Cheese's magical palooza is a junkyard jamboree ride where you board carriages run by mouses similar to Cheese
Flower bounce is a jumping jellyfish ride where you board dandelion seeds that float in the air, up and down.

And of course meet and greets.

How about the South american area being the area where Indiana Jones will be. I thought maybe you could have a Indiana Jones adventure like ride that is based on the Aztec Nightmare king that wants us to enter the underworld, but Indiana Jones is there to help us. Also a raging spirits like ride based on Quetzal's temple that will be a nice thrill, not really Indiana Jones though. The stunt show could still be part of the park but not with a studio theme of course.

For Pirates of the Caribbean I'd like to see an indoor coaster, the legend of jack sparrow ride from HS and the boy makeover thing. I think Pirates of the Caribbean deserves more love. It would be cool to have the POTC ride be like the big splash flume ride which was planned for SDl but was deleted.

347621820-10225135.jpg

If the Neverland area never comes I'd love to see the splash battle ride here.

The Africa area could have a cool amount of rides with jungle cruise, lion king and maybe a ride where you board a jeep or so and go on a safari.

So thats what I have. I'd love the park to be about 80% original rides so that it is special and new, that's why I bring up more suggestions. I really like the extras for Frontierland!

Brer Panther

For Pirates of the Caribbean I'd like to see an indoor coaster, the legend of jack sparrow ride from HS and the boy makeover thing. I think Pirates of the Caribbean deserves more love. It would be cool to have the POTC ride be like the big splash flume ride which was planned for SDl but was deleted.

347621820-10225135.jpg
Don't we already have a log flume in Frontierland?

orlando678-

It's not a log flume and also, he planned a jungle book log flume for adventureland. I see what you can do there because you have single seats and double seats which is for me a different experience

orlando678-

What about the Bigfoot falls being a single seat ride and the jungle book ride being a double seat, since it's more of a dark ride I think. Those are two different experiences, I think

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
Even though no Disney Parks have two log flumes, parks having two rides with similar or even identical ride systems is not unheard of. I think, as long as they do not feel similar, we won't have a problem.

Okay, so, Attractions (if anybody else has some ideas, feel free to share them!):

Agrabah Bazaar
-Aladdin's Journey (C)
-Sinbad's Seven Voyages (E)
-Jasmine's Flying Carpets (B)
African Savannah
-Legend of the Lion King (C)
South Seas
-Enchanted Tiki Room (C)
-Dark Ride (either Moana or Lilo & Stitch) (C)
-Rafts to Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (A)
-Polynesian Canoes (B)
-Train Depot
South Asia
-The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Adventure (E)
Himalayas
-Expedition Everest (E)
South America
-Up (C)
-The Emperor's New Groove (C)
-Indiana Jones Adventure (E)
-Indiana Jones' Minecart Ride (D)
-Indiana Jones' Stunt Spectacular (C)
Caribbean
-Pirates of the Caribbean (E)
Adventure Isle/Never Land
-Adventure Isle/Never Land explorations (B)
Jungle Port
-Jungle Cruise (C)

Adventureland%2Band%2BFrontierland.png

Logistically, and for space reasons, I could only fit one ride for Sinbad. Whether its an indoor roller coaster about the Bird Roc, or a water ride about his Seven Voyages is up to the imagination. When thinking about the Lilo and Stitch ride, I also thought that the upcoming Moana would also be a good fit for a dark ride here, so I think either could work. Though I opted not to put any rides in Neverland, there is a Pixie Hollow area, a Lost Boys treehouse, etc. The Aztec Nightmare idea sounded great, but geographically does not fit in the South America region, as the Aztecs ruled in North America. Therefore, it would not fit with the Adventureland.

NOTE: The Mine Coaster, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure and Railroad all converge, at some point, in one showbuilding, as was planned at Disneyland.

Last edited:

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
It's funny that you mentioned El Dorado, because that's the theme I had in mind for the Indiana Jones ride.

Also, that rendering (I believe its from idealbuildout) also represents the Aztecs/Mayans/Toltecs, which were North American cultures. Because there is no North American section of this Adventureland, these great ideas sadly do not fit.

Anyway, I think that, next, we should work on Fantasyland.

orlando678-

I'd love to see Frozen or Tangled, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty and Peter Pan.

Frozen is very popular and can have many ways of displaying the story. By a mountain coaster based on Kristoff and Sven or maybe a trackless dark ride.

Tangled is also very popular and could have a very cool storytelling ride inside Tangled Tower similar to Enchanted tales with Belle. Maybe Rapunzel's hairy tales. Or a dark ride from idealbuildout with the floating lanterns being the vehicles.

Pinocchio doesn't always get much love so I thought maybe Pinocchio could have the flume ride where you have to try and save Pinocchio and Gepetto from Monstro. The ride could be partly dark ride and partly flume ride to get a unique experience.

Sleeping beauty could have a dark ride or the show as it was once planned for WDW. Maybe a cool KUKA arm ride inside Maleficent's castle.

Peter pan has a lot of oppurtunities with Neverland.

I'm curious about what you want to do with Fantasyland

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
I think, to a certain degree, Fantasyland works best when it is composed of many sublands. These are my thoughts:

Castle Courtyard
--Castle walkthrough
--Castle restaurant
--Cinderella restaurant
--Sword in the Stone
--Snow White
--Pinocchio
England
-London
--Peter Pan's Flight
--Mary Poppins
-English Countryside
--Toad Hall
--Winnie the Pooh
-Wonderland
--Labyrinth
--Teacups
DunBroch
--Brave show
Prydain
--Quest for the Black Cauldron
Beauty and the Beast
--Be Our Guest
--Enchanted Tales with Belle
Tangled
--Rapunzel's Tower
--Kingdom Dance
--Snuggly Duckling
Arendelle
--Elsa's Ice Palace
--Oaken's Trading Post
Little Mermaid
--Ariel's Undersea Voyage

That's all I can think of for now, but there will be more.

orlando678-

Great ideas, but there's one problem, Black cauldron. Look it was and is one of my favorite Disney movies, but people hate it. I don't really see the problem, but I think people might just hate to have a ride of it. The only way could be if they re-do the movie or make a live-action movie based on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom