A little insight, please! 2 Questions...

TheGreatMazzu

Original Poster
Hello! :> I have a couple of questions that I would definitely like some wisdom about.

The first is about transportation... I just, by some miracle, managed to get my mitts on a room at Royal Pacific, and since I have an annual pass, the entry to the park is also covered. The last and only thing left on my plate is to figure out how to get down there (I am from Savannah, GA, just for clarification purposes). A plane would be stupid. A train isn't much less expensive, either. My list is now as follows: either a Greyhound, or my car. The trouble with the Greyhound is that once I get to the Greyhound station in Orlando, I'm not sure how I would get from the station to the theme park. Would public transportation be viable? Would it get me to at least International Dr? The trouble with the car is that... it is my understanding that to leave the car parked at Royal would be a $20 cost. I plan on being there from Monday to Saturday, so that would put me at $120... plus the cost of gas to get there and back.

The next question is a bit on the mushy side :p I would like to propose to my girlfriend during the trip down there... what would be the best place on the resort to do this, that is NOT related to Harry Potter? I would like at least three ideas that I could scout out, if possible.

Any and all input would be highly appreciated!

misterID

I would say car. You'll still be paying for transportation no matter how you slice it, it might as well be your own. I still find it completely outrageous they charge for parking. Ridiculous.

I'd ask the staff at RP and UNI where the best place would be and they might hook you up with something special. Congrats btw :)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Bus Line 21 will take you from Lynx Central Station to Universal Orlando Resort in just over an hour (it's like a 20 min drive), but you'd have to take all of your luggage from in front of the parking garages over to the hotel.

TheGreatMazzu

Original Poster
I decided to go with the Greyhound route, mostly because I didn't want to risk being too tired to drive either to Orlando or from. I'll consider the central station option, if it's close to the Greyhound station, but I'll probably just use a taxi service to go straight to the resort. Thanks for the input! :)

BrerJon

I decided to go with the Greyhound route, mostly because I didn't want to risk being too tired to drive either to Orlando or from. I'll consider the central station option, if it's close to the Greyhound station, but I'll probably just use a taxi service to go straight to the resort. Thanks for the input! :)

I think you made the right choice. The Greyhound is easy and the Lnyx bus 21 gets you to Universal for a couple of dollars and the station makes it easy to see where to get the bus from, or there are plenty of cabs who will get you to Universal for $20-$30 I think.

danpam1024

Congrats on popping the question!! Where you do it all depends. Private places: in the Studios in the Gardens of Allah, back streets of NY or on the stoop of one of the buildings, the woods portion of the ET ride are a few that come to mind. IOA- under the archway that says "let the adventure begin", on the Carosuessel, in the waterfall caves at Camp Jurassic. CW- you can pull the ring out of the hole while playing mini golf, or get loud at the HRC. Maybe even on the boat going back to your resort. I've never stayed at RP, but it looks like there are several really secluded spots. Maybe even order room service (champagne and strawberries) and do it in the room :) You can always call the concierge for help too.
And good luck on the Greyhound- they take FOREVER! Personally, I'd rather drive. Gas is so cheap right now it's probably not much of a savings to take the bus, plus it'll take like 1/4 the amount of time.

fugawe09

well, hopefully TheGreatMazzu gives us a report on what the lady says. I will toss my two cents in though - if I was popping the question we'd have a car and it would probably be going valet at the hotel. I'm notoriously cheap, but it's worth splurging on a special trip. I don't think you want an engagement story about how your fiance sat in a Greyhound seat that a homeless man had just urinated in.

danpam1024

well, hopefully TheGreatMazzu gives us a report on what the lady says. I will toss my two cents in though - if I was popping the question we'd have a car and it would probably be going valet at the hotel. I'm notoriously cheap, but it's worth splurging on a special trip. I don't think you want an engagement story about how your fiance sat in a Greyhound seat that a homeless man had just urinated in.
:joyfull:100% agree!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom