A half marathon a month in 2015

Sumrdog

Original Poster
So I am thinking of running a half marathon every month next year...
So far I am registered for two...
January Star Wars half
June Yellowstone half

Any suggestions on some fun races in the western US I could enter?

Sumrdog

Original Poster
First, your nuts. :p

I've had my eye on the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon. I think it would be fun to run down the strip at night.
Ha! Thanks, hopefully I am nuts in a good way!
I did the Phoenix rock and roll full and it was super fun...I like the idea of Vegas and it's an easy trip from here!

LindsayLoves

Neat idea! I will be living vicariously through you on this so here are some left coast races I would love to do.

February - Surf City Half or Palm Spring Half
May - Totem to Totem Half - Ketchikan, Alaska
July - Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half or Eugene Marathon weekend
October - Nike Women's Half Marathon San Francisco
November - Rock n Roll Las Vegas (totally agree with @Mad Stitch on that one)

Sumrdog

Original Poster
Neat idea! I will be living vicariously through you on this so here are some left coast races I would love to do.

February - Surf City Half or Palm Spring Half
May - Totem to Totem Half - Ketchikan, Alaska
July - Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half or Eugene Marathon weekend
October - Nike Women's Half Marathon San Francisco
November - Rock n Roll Las Vegas (totally agree with @Mad Stitch on that one)
Nike women's half is going on the list and Las Vegas rock n roll.
I can't afford to travel too far for most of them. I have the SnowJoke half about an hour away in February so I am doing that with my dog Otis! That's a really fun local race. I am going to do some more research today...
Thanks for the help!

OG Runner

Move to New England. I would not be surprised if there is a half marathon in a 100 mile radius, each month. I ran three half marathons from the beginning of September to the end of October last year. I was trying for better corral placement.

LindsayLoves

Nike women's half is going on the list and Las Vegas rock n roll.
I can't afford to travel too far for most of them. I have the SnowJoke half about an hour away in February so I am doing that with my dog Otis! That's a really fun local race. I am going to do some more research today...
Thanks for the help!

Yeah that's pretty much my "wish list" of races, money or time were not put into consideration at all when crafting it.

Just a heads up that if you want to do the Nike SF race sign up for their emails/follow them on Facebook because that race is becoming tougher and tougher to get into each year, it might even be a lottery at this point.

-em

Space coast in cocoa fl in nov/dec (last weekend in nov so sometimes dec 1/2ish)
American fork half in Utah in june

-em

Sumrdog

Original Poster
Move to New England. I would not be surprised if there is a half marathon in a 100 mile radius, each month. I ran three half marathons from the beginning of September to the end of October last year. I was trying for better corral placement.
I know! I am originally from NH, there are tons of races.

Sumrdog

Original Poster
Yeah that's pretty much my "wish list" of races, money or time were not put into consideration at all when crafting it.

Just a heads up that if you want to do the Nike SF race sign up for their emails/follow them on Facebook because that race is becoming tougher and tougher to get into each year, it might even be a lottery at this point.
I think I ruled that one out because it's too expensive but some day, I hope to do it! I really like your list.
I found some good ones nearby here that I can do...But I did out the math and I am not sure I can afford it, because near is a relative term out here and most races are 200-400 miles away.

Sumrdog

Original Poster
Okay here is the list I made this afternoon...Most of these are 200-400 miles from my home, so I would be spending at least 100$ on gas and would need to stay in a hotel the night before the race at least...I haven't mentioned this line of thinking to my husband yet, I am afraid he will want to have my committed to a psych unit...
I might just do all the races within 400 miles and Disneyland that would still give me 10...All of them except the Vegas Rock n Roll which sounds really fun and the Holiday half

Either way it was kind of fun to plan out and now I have a list!

1/18/2015 Already registered for this one!
Star Wars Half
Disneyland, CA

2/28/2015 "Run around a frozen lake with your dog while pretending your on the African Serengeti" Fun!!!
Snow Joke
Seeley Lake, MT

3/15/2015 St. Patty's day themed run with beer at the finish!
Run for the Pub
Bozeman, MT

4/18/2015 This one finishes at a vineyard in Washington wine country!
Omak Orchards in Bloom
Omak, WA

5/24/2015 This is a beautiful area and should be a fun race.
CDA Half
Coeur D'Alene, ID

6/13/2015 I am doing this one for sure too, registered yesterday...I hope I don't see any bears!
Yellowstone Half
West Yellowstone, MT

7/18/2015 Run along the Missouri River where Lewis and Clark camped-Super neat!
Charles M. Russell Half
Great Falls, MT

8/30/2015 Another really scenic and beautiful area to run!
Mesa Falls Half
Ashton, ID

September 2015 This one is a trail run behind a mountain lake!
Two Bear Half
Whitefish MT

October 2015 This one looks wicked Scary and fun!!
Trail of Terror
Athol, ID

November 2015 This one is going on the wish list...
Rock n Roll Vegas
Las Vegas, NV

December 2015 Christmas themed race...Its going on the wish list!
Holiday Half
Portland, Oregon

Its so fun to plan out runs! Anyone else up for the challenge?

Last edited:

a2grafix

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom