A few Boardwalk Inn questions

emme

Original Poster
We're staying at Boardwalk Inn next week, and I have a few questions. I last stayed there in 2000, so it's been a while!

• I booked an Annual Passholder room. Any chance I could upgrade to concierge level at check in?
  • What toiletries are in the rooms?
  • Is the coffee maker a one-cup or pot?
  • For MK, what is the best way to get to/from? It will be me and three kids. They're pretty good about walking/energy. I haven't stayed on site in years - will a bus take forever? Should we walk to Epcot, go through park, take Monorail?
  • Will they accept a package sent ahead of time to my room?
  • I've read of Bakery and other food stuff on Boardwalk. Is there a place in the Inn to grab breakfast or quick eats?
Thanks everyone!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
* While anything is possible, it is unlikely you will be upgraded to club level since you are traveling during the peak summer season. Having an AP does not give you an advantage over another guest.
* Toiletries are the H2O Spa line ~ soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion
* Coffee maker is single cup servings (pods)
* Bus will be your best option to MK. Buses run every 20 minutes. Even if you just miss a bus, it is much faster (and much less walking) than to walking to Epcot, walking ALL the way through the park to the front to board the monorail, monorail to TTC and then either another monorail or ferry to MK. The bus will drop you right near the MK entrance.
* A package may be sent ahead of time to the resort, but you *may* have to pay a pick-up fee (I have read that resorts with convention centers, which Boardwalk is, charge for package pick-up.)
* A light continental breakfast is offered in the Belle Vue Lounge. For more substantial fare, you need to go outside to the Boardwalk.

Enjoy your stay!

Epcot-Rules

* While anything is possible, it is unlikely you will be upgraded to club level since you are traveling during the peak summer season. Having an AP does not give you an advantage over another guest.
* Toiletries are the H2O Spa line ~ soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion
* Coffee maker is single cup servings (pods)
* Bus will be your best option to MK. Buses run every 20 minutes. Even if you just miss a bus, it is much faster (and much less walking) than to walking to Epcot, walking ALL the way through the park to the front to board the monorail, monorail to TTC and then either another monorail or ferry to MK. The bus will drop you right near the MK entrance.
* A package may be sent ahead of time to the resort, but you *may* have to pay a pick-up fee (I have read that resorts with convention centers, which Boardwalk is, charge for package pick-up.)
* A light continental breakfast is offered in the Belle Vue Lounge. For more substantial fare, you need to go outside to the Boardwalk.

Enjoy your stay!

Spot on! We stay there a lot.

Sans Souci

I just wanted to touch upon being an AP holder and being upgraded to Club Level. Last August, we did four nights on the Dream and then three at Boardwalk with a room I booked as an AP holder. When we got off the coach at BWI, we were greeted by someone who took us up to Club Level to check in. So, it does happen. We've stayed there quite a few times, but I have a feeling our upgrade had to do with how many nights we were staying. This is only conjecture, but I think we got an upgrade because we were only staying three nights and not an entire week or beyond.

Innkeeper's Club

That depends on how the package was shipped.

In 2011 my Aunt purchased some things online that was sent to our room at the Boardwalk Inn since it was less expensive compared to having them mailed to where she lives in Canada. Anyway one of the items was delivered right to our room and the second item we needed to pick up at the Convention Center and pay a small fee.

Innkeeper's Club

To the OP if you are thinking of staying Club Level my best advice is to make a reservation for it now, because that way you can get exactly the room you want since all upgrades at check-in are random.

Also all buses to the Magic Kingdom will stop at the Swan and Dolphin. So the pickup/drop off is as follows. #1 Boardwalk, #2 Swan, #3 Dolphin.

Bparso87

Boardwalk is great love staying here. The bakery has great breakfast and does not take long to get to I find that the boardwalk is the easiest resort to get to one place to another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom