7D Mine Train or Princess Fairytale Hall?

MerMom1981

Which one does the rope-drop crowd head for first?

We've got 8:05 breakfast ADR's for BOG, so we'll be in a great position to head off the pack, but where to go first?
Both kids want to ride 7DMT & my daughter is eager to meet A&E.
Am I a fool to think we'll be able to both before the lines get crazy?

I was thinking we'd do the meet & greet first, then jump in line for the mine train. Do I have it backwards?

I trust you people...

EmmieSue

There is no way you can do both before lines get crazy. Those ones get way up there within 5 to 10 minutes after rope drop. That being said, at least part of the 7DMT line is fun/pretty, so I would hit A&E first and then head to 7DMT, but you are still looking at probably 40-60 minute wait depending where you get in line for A&E and 40-80 for 7DMT depending how long you have to wait for A&E.

I also don't know how much the BOG breakfast helps you since rope drop is now in the park. I don't know how that works for those with reservations. I would guess an advantage, but I don't know. I am sure someone can clear that up. My A&E time could be way up there because of not getting how reservations work with rope drop though, so don't take that as set in stone, but the 7DMT will be up there by the time you get there from the meet and greet regardless.

These are just my observations from looking at MDE app wait times in anticipation for my trip in May. You couldn't get fast passes for 7DMT? They seem to be pretty open for parties of 4 still. A&E hasn't been.

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
There is no way you can do both before lines get crazy. Those ones get way up there within 5 to 10 minutes after rope drop. That being said, at least part of the 7DMT line is fun/pretty, so I would hit A&E first and then head to 7DMT, but you are still looking at probably 40-60 minute wait depending where you get in line for A&E and 40-80 for 7DMT depending how long you have to wait for A&E.

I also don't know how much the BOG breakfast helps you since rope drop is now in the park. I don't know how that works for those with reservations. I would guess an advantage, but I don't know. I am sure someone can clear that up. My A&E time could be way up there because of not getting how reservations work with rope drop though, so don't take that as set in stone, but the 7DMT will be up there by the time you get there from the meet and greet regardless.

These are just my observations from looking at MDE app wait times in anticipation for my trip in May. You couldn't get fast passes for 7DMT? They seem to be pretty open for parties of 4 still. A&E hasn't been.

We're staying off site, so fp hasn't opened up yet. We'll be a party of 6 & I was assuming both would be gone by the time I'm able to book.

Upvote 0

EmmieSue

We're staying off site, so fp hasn't opened up yet. We'll be a party of 6 & I was assuming both would be gone by the time I'm able to book.

Ah yes, then there is a good chance that Anna and Elsa will be gone for sure, but 7DMT has openings even 30 days out for most of the days still. So it wouldn't hurt to check. Also, you could always see if you can get two fastpass times close to each other. Say you could maybe get 4 fastpasses for a 2-3pm time frame and then 2 fastpasses from 3-4pm. You could all then get in line at 3. Worth a shot, that's how our party of 6 got some for Toy Story.

Upvote 0

CJLove79

This is just my opinion but I'd do Anna & Elsa first just for the fact that waiting time is typically more than two hours and FastPass the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. Either way, your kids will enjoy both attractions and it should be less stress for you. If I was you, I'd maybe TRY to eat breakfast at a little faster pace than usual so you can hopefully beat the morning rush to Anna & Elsa. LOL. There's never a guarantee on your place in line since the FastPasses will be gone for them but for the happiness of your kids??? Its definitely worth a shot. :)

Upvote 0

MerMom1981

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it :)

Planning to haul buns from BOG to PFH and hope for a FP time for 7D.
Still a few days before I can book, so wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom