$75 gift card offer now available on NEW bookings to CBR

Tony the Tigger

If the CM on the phone (their agent) tells you they'll honor it, they will. I would make sure the CM notes what they said somewhere so there's no confusion at check-in.

CBR, which I love, is not worth $200+ per night when everything is working properly, IMO. As I said, we've never paid more than around $130 with late booking and whatever discount was available. So with my booking at $210ish and a $75 gift card, that's ok but I'm not impressed with construction going on. If that comes down to around $150 plus the gift card, ok that's a value.

Michael Bender

I just booked our stay last night for my daughter's birthday in June. My wife didn't want to stay in a value resort, so I thought this would be perfect. 75 bucks a day would cover most if not all out food! We stayed here for our Honeymoon and loved it, so we wouldn't mind the walls and dust.

But then doing a little poking, I'm starting to wondering if I missed the boat? Did the "offer" expire in March?

dmatt87

I just booked our stay last night for my daughter's birthday in June. My wife didn't want to stay in a value resort, so I thought this would be perfect. 75 bucks a day would cover most if not all out food! We stayed here for our Honeymoon and loved it, so we wouldn't mind the walls and dust.

But then doing a little poking, I'm starting to wondering if I missed the boat? Did the "offer" expire in March?
I'm not 100% sure but I think you missed the boat, cut off was a few weeks ago, and the mention is gone from the WDW website. Also, you would have received an email confirming the 75$ gift cards.

Sorry to be a downer but I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyways :)

Courtney6682

I believe it had to be booked by March 20th

Checked in tonight--we received our gift card no problem. It was in an envelope at the desk with our name on it. Happy surprise though--as of right now, the entire food court is still open! Barbados village is completely closed. Kind of annoying because they fenced off the Sidewalk of the bay loop in that portion and you can't go all the way around now.

Also, we came from the parks to check in and the driver had us get off at Jamaica and walk to the Customs House in the dark. Luckily the kids weren't with us, because that was a dark and dangerous walk along the bus filled road.

disney4life2008

We switched to Port Orleans when they first told us about the construction but they didn't bring up the 75 dollars a night they were given. We usually only eat breakfast at the resort then eat the rest of our meals at the Parks. Probably might of stayed now because lots of people left and the resort probably won't be that busy.

Honestly anyone that left and turned down a $75 per day gift card is whacky lol. Just saying

Courtney6682

Checked in tonight--we received our gift card no problem. It was in an envelope at the desk with our name on it. Happy surprise though--as of right now, the entire food court is still open! Barbados village is completely closed. Kind of annoying because they fenced off the Sidewalk of the bay loop in that portion and you can't go all the way around now.

Also, we came from the parks to check in and the driver had us get off at Jamaica and walk to the Customs House in the dark. Luckily the kids weren't with us, because that was a dark and dangerous walk along the bus filled road.

That's awesome!! I'm anxious to hear from to hear more closer to my trip in mid August. What village is your room in?

Gerdon

Honestly anyone that left and turned down a $75 per day gift card is whacky lol. Just saying

Mmmmmm, never been called wacky before. our tour operator had booked us in pirate room and we hadn't noticed for months after,(I know, school boy error), then when we noticed they couldn't change even though we don't go until August. I wasn't happy about paying a premium for what I considered sub standard rooms due to their location (although this has all changed now), also meant we had no chance of a Murphy bed which we were hoping for. , this was about a fortnight before the whole thing kicked off and we were priced daft money to move anywhere so when the opportunity to move to accommodation where my kids didn't have to share a bed, we thought this was worth more to us than the gift cards. For the record we got a cabin in FW. If we didn't have free dining we probably would have stayed though

Courtney6682

Mmmmmm, never been called wacky before. our tour operator had booked us in pirate room and we hadn't noticed for months after,(I know, school boy error), then when we noticed they couldn't change even though we don't go until August. I wasn't happy about paying a premium for what I considered sub standard rooms due to their location (although this has all changed now), also meant we had no chance of a Murphy bed which we were hoping for. , this was about a fortnight before the whole thing kicked off and we were priced daft money to move anywhere so when the opportunity to move to accommodation where my kids didn't have to share a bed, we thought this was worth more to us than the gift cards. For the record we got a cabin in FW. If we didn't have free dining we probably would have stayed though

Totally understandable. Certain things just aren't going to appeal to everyone. The gift card deal works for me because it's just me and my 17 yr old travelling. I can see how families with young children would be turned off by the construction and it's inconveniences. We don't swim or hang around the resort, in fact there have been many trip we don't even pack bathing suits. We also don't mind not being able to use the food court, we will eat in the parks. I am not a fan of CBR's bus system, but if we try it and don't like it...we will uber to the parks;)

Good luck at the cabins...hope you guys like them!

Gerdon

Thanks,
We're really looking forward to the cabins, it's our second trip from Ireland to Orlando and we stayed at CBR last time and it was great so booked it again but was really just a place to crash at night, this trip will be a bit more laid back.

Courtney6682

Thanks,
We're really looking forward to the cabins, it's our second trip from Ireland to Orlando and we stayed at CBR last time and it was great so booked it again but was really just a place to crash at night, this trip will be a bit more laid back.

Awesome!! I honeymooned in Ireland in 2014...beautiful country!!! Safe travels!

Patcheslee

Thanks,
Have I ever mention I can fit in a army duffle? *hint hint Ireland*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom