5th Gate ( Yes, I know. Please dont kick me off.)

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Well, I have some good news...

...They're really building a 5th gate?

No!!!! I just saved a load on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Eisner isn't planning to build for another 15 years! LOL

trdisneyfan

Before a 5th park is built, what are the other priorities?

-Finish EE
-Add new country to World Showcase
-Replace Wonders of Life pavillion
-New Indy attraction at MGM
-Another E-ticket at AK
-Replace Universe of Energy (Really, would ANYONE miss it?)

Anything else?

KevinPage

Villain_70 said:
Yes, there is a fifth park. An associate from my work has a brother works at the GF. The Villain Park is going to be the next park. It is the top choice. Because Disney has to compete with IOA they are not getting the teen crowd. So, the villains can give them the means to do the thrill rides.
Also, some trivia....MGM was supposed to be part of EPCOT, but they had so many attraction that they made it its own park.
EPCOT is also looking at adding Spain and bringing back the International Gateway.

When did the International Gateway leave :confused: :rolleyes:

IOA has not maintained it's attendance over the years. Everyone blabs about how IOA is hurting Disney, when it isn't. Just like Six Flags, a park with only 1 type of ride looses it's luster pretty darn quickly. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
AEfx said:
In spite of the "no way!" attitudes of many, I fully expect a fifth park by 2010-2012. After EE opens at AK, my feeling is Disney will think the park "completed", just like ToT and RnR supposedly did the same for MGM. Personally, I'd rather them concentrate on just the existing parks, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

AEfx

that is exactly what i was going to say..................... beef-up AK first. then fix epcot. do something with the rest, then expand.

Jekyll Baker

Couldn't TL, BB, DD/PI, and Boardwalk be considered gates as well? - they do have maps just like regular parks and 3 of those charge admission. (bringing our count to 15 or 16 gates):veryconfu:D

trdisneyfan said:
-Replace Universe of Energy (Really, would ANYONE miss it?)

YYYEEEEESSSSSS!!! I love that thing. I could do without ellen or bill nye, but the dinos are so cool and so worth it.

And to those who suggest WDW needs to better compete with IOA, you gotta be kiding. IOA doesn't even come close to competing with any of the disney parks as far as I know, and the only way you are gonna stop everyone from going there is buying it and paving a parking lot.

IMO the idea of a 5th gate was been dropped completely for the time being. I think we would be lucky if it was announced by 2010. Disney Sea looked like the obvious choice, but we could be seeing those attractions around the other parks, like JTTCOTE and 20k in fantasyland. Just my educated guess though.

BG Rugger

Original Poster
Remind me again why I brought this up? Maybe I should take a few moments and reflect upon my mistake :lol:

cherrynegra

Bluewaves said:
Actually isn't it that all roads north, east, south and west lead from rome and not the other way around.

No. It's actually the other way around. All roads lead to Rome. Omnes viae Romam ducunt (Latin) Tutte le strade portano a Roma (Italian) Tous les chemins menent a Rome (French) Todos los caminos llevan a Roma (Spanish) Todos os caminhos levam a Roma (Portuguese)

But wait wait....It is true.

My cousin's friend's mom's dog groomer's sister in law once dated a guy in 1983 that had a great aunt who's friend at the senior citizen center had a great niece that was a garbage truck driver on WDW property, and she said they are opening a fifth gate. I swear.

You think Eisner would have enough brains (wait, did I just say that?!?) to realize that AK is about 1/3 a park and MGM needs some work before anything else is built.

Although I would absolutely love a new park, I don't think it's going to happen for a little while so nobody sit on the edge of your seat because Eisner isn't going to be getting in front of th epodium anytime soon to announce it.

Lauriebar

cherrynegra said:
No. It's actually the other way around. All roads lead to Rome. Omnes viae Romam ducunt (Latin) Tutte le strade portano a Roma (Italian) Tous les chemins menent a Rome (French) Todos los caminos llevan a Roma (Spanish) Todos os caminhos levam a Roma (Portuguese)
Cherrynegra...you know I love it when you speak French!!:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom