52 in 52 week 51

phllymouse

Original Poster
Week 51 brings me to 2011!!
In 2011 there was only one movie I had in mind.....The Muppets.

Well when Kermit the Frog and the Muppets learn that their theater is slated for demolition, a sympathetic human, Gary (Jason Segel), and his puppet roommate, Walter, swoop in to help the gang put on a show and raise the $10 million they need to save the day. They get some help from Gary's longtime girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams). Of course there is a bad guy trying to stop them from getting the money, and that is Tex Richman (Chris Cooper).
Well written, funny movie. All the actors were fully vested, including an odd, awkward yet fun rap by Chris Cooper. Funny lines like "travel by map". The film had a good amount of cameos, my favorite being Emily Blunt pretty much reprising her role from The Devil Wears Prada playing Ms Piggy's Assistant.
Everything works in this movie but at the same time I kept thinking something misses. I cannot put my finger on it however. Maybe it needed more laughs and less singing. Maybe some editing, a song by Amy Adams is bad called Me Patty I think. Whatever the name it could have been left on the cutting room floor. Trying not to be to negative, because I liked the movie. Maybe it is just a bunch of small things.
Oh well some fun facts and not so fun facts:
The standard fame and fortune contract was also used in the original Muppet Movie
Tex Richman was suppose to be played by Alan Rickman
The song Man Or A Muppet won an Oscar
The scene where Adams and Segel are in the car with the Muppets they are asked to operate the two Muppets on either side of them. This is because they had limited puppeteers.

Ok..this is one of those movies, like Brave this year, that you go in and hope and pray for greatness. And it turns out to be not bad just either good, or very good. Not great. And you feel kind of disappointed. Which is not fair to the film, still you just feel that way. The Muppets, I really wanted greatness, I got very good, maybe just good. I will give it 4 out of 5 Mickeys (border line 3 1/2).

Well our last week is coming. It makes me kind of sad.

The best I can hope for to offer you this holiday week is peace. So, yes, have a peaceful holiday week.
As always thanks for your time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom