50's prime time

StarWarsGirl

Love it. Love it. Love it. Food is the best in the studios.

If you get a waiter who wants to pester you, play along. It's more fun.

Also, the soap is blue, not pink, and the water is automatic.

Hulacat

We asked (as another nice WDW Magic poster advised) for a server who would interact with us- and got a great experience this past April. We were there for our anniversary & he joked to my husband "have her home by ten pm":) He was hilarious and a good server to boot. I wasn't expecting the mahi mahi to be so fantastic, but I will have to order that again.

Tomi-Rocket

LOVE 50's! It's the only restaurant we have gone to on every trip. That being said, we are not going this year, lol. Anyway, the food is good and our interaction with the CM's has always been fun and entertaining, never once "over-the-top". I don't know if we're lucky or tolerant. My DH is not one who enjoys over-the-top behavior and he's enjoyed 50's, too.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
50's PTC is always on the list of reservations for us. Food is good. Classic comfort foods. If it is not your style of humor or you aren't ok with some teasing and good natured jabbing and teasing it is not for you. You can be put in the corner, have to put a spoon on your nose, have collared greens airplaned into your mouth, etc.. I for one clean my plate and did it so well my plate was put on the wall as a piece of art with the decorative plates and as a sign of how to eat :D It probably isn't for everyone, but for a big kid like me and my family, we love it. By the way, they are getting pickier about subsittutions. The CM's will do everything they can to help but they are more restrictive. Discussed this with Cousin Tim last month.

steviej

Try the onion ring appetizer with the dipping sauce. Very good. I also have it at Sci-Fi. Tastes similar.

I don't know why they changed the onion rings they used to have from about 5-10 years ago!? They were so good! the real tiny ones. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

To the op, the food is typical food. Chicken, steak, a burger. I recommend the smores however for dessert. 50's is def a place you go to for atmosphere, not the food.

armyfamilyof5

We have had only good experiences at 50's and have always enjoyed the food. Once the waiter asked the children the color of the soap after they returned from the restroom to be sure they'd washed their hands, the table next to us was in all kinds of trouble for a number of infractions and it was fun to watch. We've always ordered a lot and everything has always been eaten as we are the kind of family that tends to share. My oldest loves the greens and asked for a bit more on her plate and gets them. My boy orders the adult meal that has fried chicken, meat loaf and roast beef on it and we share, he wants to lick the plate clean so it's pretty good as he kind of picky but has well rounded taste buds.

JTT

50's Prime Time is awesome.

The food is home cooking, comfort food. Meatlof, Chicken & Dumplings, Fried Chicken. If you like this type of food then you are in the right place. If you don't, find somewhere else to eat.

The wait staff is playing a role. They don't badger you. The ask what color is the soap? They get you to keep you elbows off the table and eat your vegetables. If you don't want to play along, then find somewhere else to eat.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The food is okay standard "at home" cooking. The Peanut butter and Jelly Milk shake is awesome according to my husband. We have never had waitstaff badger us they are just there to make things fun and most can read the tables pretty well.

DDuckFan130

I find it sort of amusing that 50s Prime Time is considered "comfort food" and "at home cooking." Comfort food and at home cooking for who? I only say that because I'm from Miami, and I think it needs to be clarified what kind of comfort food it is. In my house, comfort food involves rice, shredded beef, beans, etc. As a matter of fact, food from San Angel Inn would be more comfort food for us haha. Meat loaf, pot roast, all that stuff is foreign food to us, which is part of the reason my family enjoys the place so much :)

kasey1988

We are looking forward to this! It was my other halts choice for dining this trip, it's new to him and I ate there over 10 years ago and had great memories

Todd L

Ive been three times with my family....

First time was Really great. Great Waiter.."Uncle Richard" sat with us and had a good time playing around with my kids without it becoming Too much if you know what I mean. Food was pretty darn good.

Second time The Food was great and the waiter was a real nice guy but didnt do the whole act which was fine.

Last trip..we were shoved into an L-shaped corner table that made it really hard to be involved in any conversations. The waitress was less than gracious and, Not in the lets have fun with the motif...just Not happy to be asked any questions about anything. The food was okay at best and we felt rushed to get out of the place.

I asked my family if they wanted to go back on our trip next month and they all said NO!!

PolynesianPrincess

We love 50s! The first time we ate there, our waiter Cliff made us set the table with the silverware lol and we travelled with a larger group of 6 people a few years back and my aunt got told to put her cell phone away, only she called it a walkie talkie thingy. It's all in good fun and if you just tell them you're not into those antics they should scale back on them for you. The food, we have found, is really good. The pot roast is EXCELLENT!

Todd L

I find it sort of amusing that 50s Prime Time is considered "comfort food" and "at home cooking." Comfort food and at home cooking for who? I only say that because I'm from Miami, and I think it needs to be clarified what kind of comfort food it is. In my house, comfort food involves rice, shredded beef, beans, etc. As a matter of fact, food from San Angel Inn would be more comfort food for us haha. Meat loaf, pot roast, all that stuff is foreign food to us, which is part of the reason my family enjoys the place so much :)

Never thought of it that way...Funny how different Perspectives shed different light on these things!!

Im Irish Protestant from New York and This place is like a trip to my Grandparents house when I was a Kid.

The interior could have been right out of their homes. The menu is EXACTLY what my Grandmas made when we went for sunday dinners!!

steviej

I love the smores! They used to have awesome onion rings back when they cut them really small!

IMHO, you're going there more for the atmosphere than the food. The food is nothing to write home about

Wall-e

Couldn't find anywhere else to ask this so its worth a shot here. I had the Char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak August 2011 and after having steak at lacellier, yachtsman, and coral reef I thought the Char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak at 50's PTC was the best of the bunch. Unfortunately after going there for years I never tried it and now its gone.
Has anyone else had a chance to try the Char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak or know why it was removed?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Love the 50's, we haven't been badgered much there. I think they can really tell if you want to "play" or not. The onion rings are good, and the chicken. If you can't decided there used to be a sampler dish that had the fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast. We have also gone in a few times and had lunch at the lounge, it has the same food you just don't need a reservation. We have also seen people in the lounge enjoying sundaes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom