50's prime time dining time question

kasey1988

Original Poster
I was thinking of suggesting this place to my friends for dinner before fantasmic. I was just wondering what time would be best to make the reservation for (were going in may). And also, we are willing to go earlier as well if the dining experiece would be better. Do the waiters take as much time to interact with people even if its during the busy rushes.

NCWDWFAN

We went there last November going into Thansgiving week. It was busy, but cousin Donna was a blast! I won't take the time to post a picture of what she did to my green beans and the bite I had to take of them. (never knew whipped cream and sprinkles went with green beans!) They take the time, I think it depends on the cast member. Enjoy, have fun, and make sure you eat all your veggies!

Keyda

I say do it. We went for first time a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic. Cousin Courtney was amazing...she even became Cousin David for a while due to where she was from and that I was "supposed" to be getting married in the same place in 2 week. Long story but little things like that made the differnts. I had the salmon and it was awesome. I was really surprised. My sister and I were members of the clean plate club but my brother didn't eat his collered greens and they got dressed up for dessert. :ROFLOL:

Laura

Premium Member
I was thinking of suggesting this place to my friends for dinner before fantasmic. I was just wondering what time would be best to make the reservation for (were going in may). And also, we are willing to go earlier as well if the dining experiece would be better. Do the waiters take as much time to interact with people even if its during the busy rushes.

Depends on the luck of the draw. I've had some servers interact with us, and others do the bare minimum required (basically - deliver the food).

I think the problem is that I generally have a small party (2 adults, 2 little kids, or sometimes 1 adult, 2 little kids) and the servers prefer to mingle with the larger parties with teenagers or adults only. The last 2 times I've eaten there we've been nearly ignored while the huge party next to us was getting loads of attention. I have found the same to be true at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Crazy4WDW1

We eat there every trip. The meat loaf is worth the visit alone! We've had some great servers, Kristy and Sabrina are excellent, but have also had some that didn't interact at all.

We just celebrated my friend's daughter's sweet sixteen on 8/23 there. We had a blast with the servers and Eric, the manager, was outstanding. We ordered a b-day cake and it was UGLY. Eric went to the gift shop and added some very nice extras to the cake for her. He went above and beyond, that's for sure.

lebeau

We always go. This trip, we're making a special trip to Hollywood Studios primarily to visit the Prime Time. Last time, I had the pot roast and I swear it was the best meal I ever ate. My wife started eating off my plate - which she never does. We've never had a bad experience at Prime Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom