5 New Parks Approved???

SpaceMountainUK

Well Euro Disney as it was known then took about 4 years of construction but that was a whole resort, hotels included. The design phase itself can take upto 5 years.

Originally posted by SpaceMountainUK
Well Euro Disney as it was known then took about 4 years of construction but that was a whole resort, hotels included. The design phase itself can take upto 5 years.

The point is, is that disney has already designed them...they have designed everything. And soil stability isn't that huge...they can do tons of different things to stabilize clay layers...just look at the Kansai International Airport in osaka japan.

JBoogie

We were told the same thing by a Cast Member when we were at Disney for the last two weeks of September. The Cast Member also informed us of how many employees Disney plans on having and that these parks should be opened by the year 2010. He did also say that one of the 5 parks was intended to be another water park.

Marijil

For what its worth, when we visited in late 1992 for our honeymoon, we took the dvc van to the sales pitch...on the van ride back, the driver told us about the super secret 4th park being developed that he told us...on the qt...was going to center around...animals.....

donsullivan

Premium Member
I believe that the Haines City property is actually land Disney purchased as part of the approval process for Celebration. When Reedy Creek was originally set up and approved by the state, Disney agreed to maintain a certain percentage of the land in it's natural undeveloped/undisturbed state. When they were preparing to develop the area that is now Celebration it was still part of Reedy Creek and as a result subject to those agreements. I'm not absolutely sure of the name but I believe this other piece of property used to be known as Walker Ranch. Disney worked out a deal with the state to purchase that piece of land and guarantee its preservation in exchange for the development rites they wanted for Celebration.

After the Celebration development was well underway, they actually ceded that piece of land out of Reedy Creek (can't have those voters messing things up now can we) into the separate Celebration Improvement District.

I believe much of the protected land that is still part of the Disney property is south of 192 and west of I4 but I'm sure there are other areas scattered throughout the property as well.

I suspect that what is being described in this thread is an approval by Reedy Creek of changes to the land use plan for the overall community. It doesn't mean that any plans are underway for a park at all. It's kind of like a zoning process where they master plan the remaining areas that can be developed. In that process they would define where potential parks might be, where future hotels might be, and other potential development throughout the property.

da1070

map?

Does anybody know were you can look at a detailed map if wdw. something that shows the parks and the property lines and things?

DouglasE

My 2 cents:

I truly believe that there have been plans to have additional parks created sometime in the future. That's just it. It's "pie in the sky" future. I would not be surprised if they had mapped out areas for these parks to be located. How many parks? I doubt that any more than another 3 would be feasible. When could we expect another park to start to be developed? No time in the near future that is for sure. My guess is the next time Disney experiences an economic boom is when they might proceed on a plan of this nature.

In the meantime, Disney still has work to be done on it's current slate of parks. It's my understanding that AK was designed as a seven section or "land" park. Currently there are only six. One also gets the impression that the powers that be aren't quite sure what to do about Epcot and seem to want to do some major tweaking but probably aren't moving forward due to financial constraints. Considering all of this I'd say it would probably be another 15 years before we see another major park be created. But that's with what we know in 2003. Who knows what the future may hold? As it stands now it would take me the better part of a month to do all I want to do in Walt Disney World. If they ever do add all of these parks it'll be just in time for my retirement to Florida! :lol:

BwanaBob

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
Why do the bus drivers find it necessary to give out info on stuff that may never happen or is probobally wrong. I cant stand it, then my friends come back thinking they have this great information to give me and its all wrong.

Those damn busdrivers!
:mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Invero

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
LOL, working with the bus drivers is quite an experience. If you were to believe everything you hear, one might surmise that many of them regularly attend the highest level management meetings and that bus drivers were consulted on every project.

:D :D :lol: :lol: :brick: :hammer: :veryconfu

You mean you weren't consulted? I was always asked to attend those crucial decsion making meetings!! :rolleyes: LOL

:hammer: :hammer:

jmarc63

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Disney has actually set aside 12,000 acres at the Disney Wilderness Preserve which is managed by the Nature Conservancy. It is located near Haines City, Florida.

It is suspected that it was set up to mitigate the preserve requirements of The Florida Project agreement as WDW was rapidly developed in the 90's.

There is still land on the DIsney property that is untouched but it mostly servies as buffers between parks, resorts, and other facilities.

In the original book of The Story Of Walt Disney World it states that that 65% of the land would be kept in its natural state later termed unsuitable for building and the ballance due to cinserving the aborigional swamp land toward the sorthern section south of I4

Originally posted by objr
also some pieces of land serve as wildlife reserves (though I think Disney has this up voluntarily, and can remove them if they wanted to...not too sure though....

I dont know if they are voluntary or not but Walt loved wild life. I think that they should maybe build one more park and keep the rest as a preserve

pilka214

5 parks???

they may have approved 5 parks but how do u know that they are going to build them all of course anything can be approved but until ground is broken nothing is final

pilka214

5 parks

i have heard rumors that disney seas may be the next park and that it has already been approved but its a rumor but the rumors talk bout like 5 parks but they alll havent been approved the parks are :

disney sea
villians
popculture
sports
and i forgot the last:hammer:

DisneyFan 2000

Re: 5 parks

Originally posted by pilka214
i have heard rumors that disney seas may be the next park and that it has already been approved but its a rumor but the rumors talk bout like 5 parks but they alll havent been approved the parks are :

disney sea
villians
popculture
sports
and i forgot the last:hammer:

Not gonna happen! They're still fixing DAK!

niteobsrvr

Re: Re: 5 parks

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Not gonna happen! They're still fixing DAK!

Fixing is a word I would use in conjuntion with DCA. Animal Kingdom on the other hand is not being fixed because there is nothing wrong with it. The park was designed ot be developed over the long term, not to be complete on opening day in 1998. Just like Epcot though, it seems the educational portion of the park falls on deaf ears and blind eyes. It seems people can't ahve fun anymore unless they are made to think they are careening into oblivion on the brink of disaster.

neil_321

Fixing parks

I doubt that Disney will build any new parks just yet.
They are currently still expanding AK but they have also decided to put any money that would have been for new parks into Epcot.

Epcot has had it's visitor numbers drop dramticaly in recent years and Disney want this to improve.
Disney have made a lot of budget cuts in Epcot recently which is a shame.

Notice how they have already started to plough in the money and build new attractions such as Mission space and soon the soarin attraction.
I think the idea of changing future world into Discoveryland would work really well. Not only would it bring new life and opportuinties into this section of the park, it would make people want to revsit more often.
New attractions and changes are the key to the future sucsess at epcot and with a slight overhaul of the park, it will once be able to thrive again.

I hope that Disney put money into their current parks, especially Epcot to allow them to show off what they have already got and what they can do with them.
Building new parks is all very well, but you have to stay on top of what you already own to thrive with new investmens.

jrriddle

I never "got" the sports park idea. I mean they have golf, sailing, Wide World of Sports, etc. Seems a little redundant.
I wonder if they were going to be like the Nature Parks that they are going to build at Disneyland Paris?
One more I heard of a long time ago was the Forces of Nature park...or something along those lines. Seems kind of limited.

Jajo

Two points-

I love hearing from bus drivers, monorail drivers, cast members, etc. If you don't want to hear their take on things- don't ask. You would probably be surprised how much these people know about what goes on around the park. For my two cents- keep the info- right and wrong- coming.

Second point- As soon as Disney feels that the current parks are keeping enough people just happy enough to come back again- they will build another park to make you stay longer. But Disney also knows that there is a limit at which guests will their stay.... Even more than they plan layouts, they plan financial impact. It's all about the cold hard cash. Which of course is good for us in the long run. The more they make, the more we get(hopefully).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom