Trip Report 4 Days is NOT Enough! COMPLETED

Hello Humans!

Welcome to my very first trip report! I got back from the World 10 days ago and I know if I don't start this report, I never will. So let's get started!

Who: Me and my Mama!

What: My first Disney trip as a travel agent, I sold my first trip to myself!

When: May 11-15

Why: I wanted to sell myself my first Disney trip and my husband wasn't quite ready to go back, so I texted my mom and said "Hey, want to go to Disney?? Just the two of us?!" And here we are.
I was really excited for this trip because my mom used to take us when we were little and then she would tag along with my sister, her husband and their 2 kids. She would always end up watching the kids or running around the park trying to keep up (my sister and brother in law are ALWAYS running late in Disney, makes me crazy ;)). So I decided I really wanted to spend some quality time with her And keep it somewhat more relaxed so she could go on everything She wants.

Day 1, May 11: Departure Day

So for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to straighten my hair before leaving for the airport... only giving myself an hour for that and finishing up my packing... needless to say it was a stressful morning lol. My husband came home to pick me up (he starts work super early) at 6am and we didn't get out of the house until 615. A somewhat stressful drive to the Nashville airport in traffic later and finally made it. Checked my bags and got through security in about 20 minutes. By the time I got to my gate I had about 15 minutes to spare (phew! I Hate being late... especially when flying!). So I grabbed a bottle of water and ate my nutritional breakfast.

I wrote some notes for this report and then took a selfie... I always feel weird taking selfies when I'm by myself... sorry it's a weird one lol. And as you can see, I didn't finish my hair.

Shortly after this is was time to board. I LOVE Southwest and every time I fly any other airline I end up regretting it. I was A30 something, so I walk onto the plane and right in the front row is an empty seat! Score!

[/URL

The woman sitting by the window and I were completely wasting the abundance of leg room, but it was nice to sit up front and I was one of the first people off :D. As you can see, I could barely reach the wall :hilarious:

I quick nap later and we were landing in Orlando!!!

Made it to the Fonorail! I LOVE these tiles :inlove:

Had to stop and take a picture of this handsome guy

Then is was over to DME to meet up with my mama! She flew out of Atlantic City and got to Orlando about an hour before me, but she didn't mind waiting. :)

The line to scan our bands to get on the bus was LONG, but then we got in a very short line to.... the Contemporary!!!!! :jawdrop::cool::D This was the first time either of us had stayed at a deluxe and we've been going to Disney for years. Needless to say we were EXCITED!

We were on the bus by 11:45 and were pulling out at 12 on the dot, so not too bad! I really don't like the new video :( it's just not as fun/welcoming as the old one was.

All I can say about the ride is, HOLY CONSTRUCTION! :jawdrop::eek: There was construction Everywhere! We didn't even get to go under the welcome sign... we had to go around it:rolleyes: because of construction.

While going Around the welcome sign, I got an email from Disney that our room wasn't ready yet. (I don't know why they were texting me, my cell is on my account). We figured this might happen, but I was hoping to go to the room to reorganize myself.

We were the second of two stops, just stopping at Wilderness Lodge before heading to...

After grabbing our carry-ons we headed to the front desk first to double check if our room was ready... it wasn't :(. But I was starving so figured we might as well get some lunch and see if our room was ready after that. So we headed over to Contempo Cafe for our first meal of the trip! Now I didn't get the dining plan for this trip. We both aren't very big eaters so I figured we'd mostly eat ice cream and snacks (I ended up being right :cool:). So we decided on 2 kids burgers with fruit.

So good! The perfect amount of food, plus grapes and apples. This may be the only healthy thing I eat all trip ;)
We enjoyed our meals with this view

After our meal, we checked again at the front desk... room still isn't ready :cautious:. It's about 2pm at this point, so I knew it wouldn't be guaranteed but it was still kind of annoying. I had my purse and a backpack filled with a bunch of stuff I didn't want to bring around the parks with me. So I put most of everything in my purse into my backpack and left our stuff with valet. BTW it was HOT today, definitely the hottest of the trip, and now I had to carry around my purse :rolleyes:. First world problems.

After this we headed to our first park... we walked to.. can you guess?! I'll post more soon!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Thank you for a wonderful, entertaining first trip report! You did great. I loved reading about your trip with your Mom.
I think I found my people, as I LOVE ice cream, and I always eat at least one a day while at WDW. It's my goal, which I always reach:)
I think your Mom and I are the only 2 people left in the US who use flip phones! LOL.
Thanks for making my day:)
Thank you for reading! I don't even think I was trying to eat one ice cream a day, that's just how it worked out and I'm not complaining one bit ;)

wwmmd

Great trip report!! I love reading what people are able to squeeze into their vacations. My daughters and I are going in September for 4 nights but only visiting the parks 2 of those days. Those are going to be a couple of loooong days. :joyfull: Good thing for us though is that we've already been several times and know what we want do, although the addition of Pandora is going to eat up a lot of one of those days probably.

Sorry about the nose incident, although it did provide some humor. Ouch! I've caused my own bloody nose by jamming my finger up it on accident while in the shower. I still don't understand what happened there, but unlike you I was at least in the privacy of my home. :D

wwmmd

Oh, I also wanted to say that I agree with you wholeheartedly that 4 days simply is not enough time, BUT it is better than nothing. The longest we've stayed is 6 nights (or is it 5?) and my hope is to one day stay for at least a 9 night stretch.

PeppermintPatty

Really enjoyed your TR and photos! I emailed my daughter while I was reading and told her I really want to go right now!!! I felt like I was right there with you! Hope you didn't do any permanent damage to your nose! You have a lot of beautiful babies at home. Is one of the dogs a pitty? She looks so much like the one we just got. Can't wait for your next Disney trip and report!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Great trip report!! I love reading what people are able to squeeze into their vacations. My daughters and I are going in September for 4 nights but only visiting the parks 2 of those days. Those are going to be a couple of loooong days. :joyfull: Good thing for us though is that we've already been several times and know what we want do, although the addition of Pandora is going to eat up a lot of one of those days probably.

Sorry about the nose incident, although it did provide some humor. Ouch! I've caused my own bloody nose by jamming my finger up it on accident while in the shower. I still don't understand what happened there, but unlike you I was at least in the privacy of my home. :D

Oh, I also wanted to say that I agree with you wholeheartedly that 4 days simply is not enough time, BUT it is better than nothing. The longest we've stayed is 6 nights (or is it 5?) and my hope is to one day stay for at least a 9 night stretch.
Thank you for reading! That's a great idea, just going to the parks on 2 days, then you'll have some time to rest. And yes, the incident was painful and embarrassing in front of so many people lol! And ouch! I feel your pain :) I can't wait to get back and see Pandora for myself :D

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Really enjoyed your TR and photos! I emailed my daughter while I was reading and told her I really want to go right now!!! I felt like I was right there with you! Hope you didn't do any permanent damage to your nose! You have a lot of beautiful babies at home. Is one of the dogs a pitty? She looks so much like the one we just got. Can't wait for your next Disney trip and report!
Thank you for reading! We're not sure what she is honestly lol, we rescued her about a month ago and we think she's part Pit/some kind of hunting dog or lab. She's actually off getting spayed today since she just turned 6 months :in pain::)

I would definitely recommend a Mother/Daughter trip! We had a great time and got to spend some quality time together in our favorite place. No permanent damage to my nose, just soreness for a few days :)

gdisneyfans

Love this picture! Such a unique shot:)

I'd like some feedback on my report. How did I do on my first attempt? I'm open to all constructive criticism so I can do better next time. :D
You did an awesome job! I loved reading your adventures with your mom (even the nose bleed:joyfull:). Sounds like you had a wonderful time and made some great memories:inlove: Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

Day 1 Continued...

So we WALKED over to... The Magic Kingdom!! :D:D:D I have to say this was my absolute favorite thing about the Contemporary! There's even a bag check/metal detector along the walkway so you don't have to join the masses. So COOL :cool:

Then we were HERE! A Disney trip just doesn't feel real until you get to your first park:inlove::inlove::inlove:

We took a leisurely stroll down Main Street, taking in the view, trying to weave through people ;). We stopped to wait to get a photo in front of the castle (I bought the Memory Maker beforehand) and all of a sudden I hear this kid SCREAM "WHERE IS STARBUCKS??!?" o_O He yelled it like he was going to die if he didn't find it right away LOL.

So here we are at our favorite place!

Side note: I got SO many compliments on this shirt!!!! I literally had two cast members and several other people stop me to tell me how awesome it was. I actually bought this shirt for my husband before his first trip and decided to wear it last minute :)

This PP photographer was Awesome! She was super nice and actually took 6 photos and had a lot of fun ideas. After our photo shoot we continued on our way down Main Street and of course I had to take more photos once we got closer.

We had a bit of time to get to our first Fastpass, so we took the long way around through Adventureland. This day was not That crowded, but walking through Adventureland was Super congested so we didn't stop. We took our stroll all the way over to our first FP of the trip... Haunted Mansion! I love this ride, definitely a classic! But I must say, that really Need to figure out a better way to get people from the stretching room to the doom buggys.. seriously, people must get trampled on a regular basis in there. Also, I wrote in my notes that the speakers in our buggy kept going out so it was hard to hear our ghost host. But we had a great ride anyway, my favorite part is always the big room with the dancing ghosts :inlove::inlove:.

After our ride, we headed towards Fantasyland and hopped in line for my mom's favorite ride:

The wait time posted was 25 minutes, but we weren't in a hurry to get to our next FP. We ended up waiting maybe 15 minutes and we were cruising;)

Love these guys!

After getting that song stuck in our heads, we headed over to my Favorite show in MK.... Mickey's Philharmagic! We waited about 2 minutes for the next show and got to enjoy Donald and his crazy adventure :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:. Next up was our 2nd FP of the day, Peter Pan :) We waited about 5 minutes in the FP line and we were off to Neverland!

Side note: one of the best shirts I saw on this trip said "I'm so Fly I Never Land" I Need one of those:D.

I tried taking pictures on PP, but they did Not come out well. Oh well, at this point we were hot and needed a break. We headed towards the circus area (name is escaping me at the moment) and grabbed a strawberry ice pop next to Dumbo. Sorry, no pic. It was very good and helped cool us down a bit. When we were done I still had time before my final FP, and Journey Under the Sea had a short wait listed on the app so we headed that way.

After our trip under the sea, we took the back way over to Tomorrowland. I still had time before my FP so we went here to rest our feet:

This is great!!! You two are having so much fun and your not even in your room yet!! :)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Enjoyed your report! I need to take my mom sometime :)

Also, don't get me wrong, the bloody nose does sound pretty crazy, I was just like expecting you to have fallen into the lagoon or something since you were implying the heavy effects of the margarita :hilarious:

LOL I'm sure I would've been kicked out if I was That drunk ;). I'll take a bloody nose over falling any day, much less painful! Thank you for reading! Let's Go Preds!!!:D

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
There's nothing worse then getting the Tragical Express notice on your door!! I call it Disney's eviction notice!

Great trip report BTW!!! It sounds like it was a fun (although short) trip!

Yes, that's the worst part of any trip is getting that! It's that slap in the face to return you to reality :facepalm::(

Thank you for reading!!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Love this picture! Such a unique shot:)

You did an awesome job! I loved reading your adventures with your mom (even the nose bleed:joyfull:). Sounds like you had a wonderful time and made some great memories:inlove: Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

Thank you for reading! That was a lucky shot, so excited I got it :D. It really was a great trip! Can't wait until I can get back :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom