3 Years, and This Is What Has Changed

MrHappy

Original Poster
Greetings fellow WDWMagicians. I'm wondering if you'd indulge me and add to what has changed at WDW Parks from early May 2016 (my last visit) to early May 2019 (my next visit). You know, things I can point out to the kids and in-laws and say 'this is new/different/missing!' I started a list below, but I'm probably missing quite a few things.

Hope we all find this fun, enlightening, and more on the encouraging side of progress than the depressing side. Either way, lets have at it! Thank you in advance for your participation. I'll go ahead and pre-stalk a few forum All-Stars to jump start this, calling: @MisterPenguin , @MansionButler84 , @Tuvalu, @danlb_2000

*lets not include meet and greet changes, Day-based ticket pricing, Overnight parking fees, general construction equipment/walls/detours/etc

General

• Skyliner, maybe operational early May '19?
  • Mobile Ordering
Epcot
  • New nighttime show to replace RoE (coming summer 2019?)
  • Frozenstrom and Norway/Frozen additions
  • Some World Showcase entertainment updates (ie Canada, didn't Germany get a tiny stage?)
  • Soarin Around the World (I don't think it was 'World in May 2016)
  • Energy closed
  • New Mission Space Mission
  • How can I forget...new fancier Margs stand!
HS
  • GMR closed
  • Toy Story Land
  • Star Tours updates
  • Starring Roles and other stores changed
  • Lightning McQueen’s Academy
  • Disney Junior show changes
  • Pixar placed changed to mini-Incredibles land
  • Baseline Taphouse
  • I think Launch Bay would be considered new?
MK
  • Painted Tomorrowland Rocks!
  • Stitch closed
  • Move It Shake It MouskeDance It
  • Beer and Wine, everywhere.
  • Muppets at Liberty
AK
  • Pandora
  • Tiffins
  • ROL

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Greetings fellow WDWMagicians. I'm wondering if you'd indulge me and add to what has changed at WDW Parks from early May 2016 (my last visit) to early May 2019 (my next visit). You know, things I can point out to the kids and in-laws and say 'this is new/different/missing!' I started a list below, but I'm probably missing quite a few things.

Hope we all find this fun, enlightening, and more on the encouraging side of progress than the depressing side. Either way, lets have at it! Thank you in advance for your participation. I'll go ahead and pre-stalk a few forum All-Stars to jump start this, calling: @MisterPenguin , @MansionButler84 , @Tuvalu, @danlb_2000

*lets not include meet and greet changes, Day-based ticket pricing, Overnight parking fees, general construction equipment/walls/detours/etc

General

Epcot
  • New nighttime show to replace RoE
  • Some World Showcase entertainment updates (ie Canada, didn't Germany get a tiny stage?)
HS
  • GMR closed
  • Toy Story Land
  • Star Tours updates
MK
  • Stitch closed
AK
  • Pandora
  • Tiffins
  • ROL
Beer and wine everywhere indeed. Has the vomiting increased at the teacups?

Nottamus

HS - Baseline Tap house, and that whole area re-do
EP - I thought Illuminations was changing in the summer...
AK - Rafiki's place closing - with no Zootopia happening

Some restaurants went to the Pre fixe style menus.
New Area in Disney Springs

MrHappy

Original Poster
I just returned from a trip and the last one I had before that was September 2015. One major difference I noticed between my trips was that Disney Springs/Downtown Disney/Disney Village Marketplace has changed. A lot.
Indeed, thank you. I should've noted that there's no need to detail the updates there....basically, the entire area has change.

KBLovedDisney

General

Epcot
  • New nighttime show to replace RoE
HS
  • GMR closed
  • Toy Story Land
  • Star Tours updates
MK
  • Stitch closed
AK
  • Pandora
  • Tiffins
  • ROL
Disney Springs
  • World of Disney completely changed
  • Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba is gone
  • Disney Quest also gone; NBA experience to take place
Edit: And I just read that no details were needed for this. But...eh. I just added the above because they seemed to be the most significant in the area.

wendysue

Well, one big thing that's different is ticket prices. I was just looking at the MouseSavers site and the explanation of the new ticketing prices was 3 PAGES LONG when I printed it out! SERIOUSLY??? They are saying we should get our tickets now from Undercover Tourist if we know we are going after October 16. I'm glad our upcoming trip is the last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom