3 Train Operation 12/20

EricsBiscuit

Yes she does. I road at night after i took the pictures. She remained on the line well into the evening.
Not what happened or what a CM said last night. It must have been extremely busy. I go to the Disney parks every week and Lilly is usually taken off early because she is being broken in.

Disone

Original Poster
Not what happened or what a CM said last night. It must have been extremely busy. I go to the Disney parks every week and Lilly is usually taken off early because she is being broken in.
Bus driver comment. They close the wdw rr around 9pm now just before the fireworks. When i left that day i left at 8:30 after a lilly round trip. Sunset was almost three hours earlier. I did not verify if all three were still going but Lilly clearly was. But in all likely hood by 830, with 9pm 30 minutes away one if them would have been off line by then. I go every week too but I drive by the roundhouse a couple times a week usually around 6 or 7pm. So I see what trains are.... resting. Today for example, I noted Walt's consist is back, at least some of them are. Could not tell if it was a complete set of five, but they sure were bright red and shiney. In the spirit of honesty, it was Lilly resting in there tonight. Not sure if she retired first, or if the only ran two trains today. I was not actually in the park today.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

I saw a WDW train car pulled around on a semi on hey 50 today making its way back to property.

It was kind of neat seeing it coming down the highway.

tigger1968

I did the Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour several years ago and it gives an amazing look at these beautiful locomotives and the day to day operations. You spend time backstage at the roundhouse as well (as a monorail nerd I was geeking out since the roundhouse sits directly below the monorail barn :) ). Great value for the money and highly recommend it to any railfan visiting WDW. We were lucky enough to have the Conductor who thought up the concept for the tour as our tour guide. We stayed behind after the tour and chatted with him for a good half hour and he couldn't have been nicer or more informative. He told us that he and another conductor had the idea of doing the tour, went to the powers that be, and basically got told "Sounds great. Write the script." It was very evident that this is truly a labor of the Cast of the WDW RR. Like I said I can't recommend this tour enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom