28,000 anymore

coopdog

Original Poster
In the 60's when disney bought the land in florida it was about 28,000 acres. Has disney bought anymore land and if so how much and where.

jmarc63

Originally posted by roysta123
I don't know how many acres but its about 47 square miles

I compared the original "Floridia project " map with this map from the reedy Creek home page and I have circled and area that is not on the other map. so this is where most of the new acareage is.

But on reading the Reedy Creek home page and comparing the two maps the state of Florida had aquired 24 acares on the Oseola side of the property where the white area is East of World Drive and south of 192.

I suspect this is for a wildlife reserve and maybe because of the RE tax dispute Disney has with Osceola County

Attachments

• rcidmap2.gif
    rcidmap2.gif
    6 KB · Views: 215

rmforney

Hey,
What is the current deal with Celebration,FL? Last I heard, it was part of Reedy Creek, but is now part of Osceola county and Disney is just its Home Owners Association.

jmarc63

Originally posted by rmforney
Hey,
What is the current deal with Celebration,FL? Last I heard, it was part of Reedy Creek, but is now part of Osceola county and Disney is just its Home Owners Association.

Half of the Disney property is in Oseola County thats part of why the Ready Creek Distric was set up . Any way the border of Orange and Oseola it where 194 swings northwards and goes to Kissimmee to the west of Disney.

Celcbration is on the Oseola side if the property Here is how things are run

Government:
Unincorporated town within Osceola County

Two Community Development Districts will provide funding for the infrastructure of Celebration

Two community associations will manage the neighborhoods
The Walt Disney Company will own the downtown, golf course and office park

Home buyers will own their homes and land

Look at the map below.

Attachments

• rcidmapwdwcelobration.gif
    rcidmapwdwcelobration.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 154

rmforney

Originally posted by jmarc63

Celcbration is on the Oseola side if the property Here is how things are run.....

Two community associations will manage the neighborhoods
The Walt Disney Company will own the downtown, golf course and office park

Home buyers will own their homes and land

Look at the map below.

Hey, great. Thanks:sohappy:

mortimermouse

I believe that Celebration was taken away from Reedy Creek so that residents of Celebration would not have voting rights within Reedy Creek. This way, Disney maintains control. Just my 2 cents.

jmarc63

Originally posted by mortimermouse
I believe that Celebration was taken away from Reedy Creek so that residents of Celebration would not have voting rights within Reedy Creek. This way, Disney maintains control. Just my 2 cents.

I'll have to get back to you on that one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom