News 2024 Disneyland Resort Event Calendar

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disneyland has released a 2024 event calendar, giving an early look of limited-time and seasonal events throughout the year.

378yfug2rw8uilhjbyu29g4ghuioewv.jpg

Full details can be found at the link below.

VJ

new pixar daytime parade???
fireworks in galaxy's edge???
new star tours scenes???
peter pan scene back in fantasmic???

AJFireman

No ride openings, huh?

Right…that’s for peasants at magic mountain 😎

"When the new attraction Tiana’s Bayou Adventure debuts at Disneyland park later in 2024, you’ll get to embark on a musical journey inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “The Princess and the Frog.”"

Disney Analyst

Disneyland has released a 2024 event calendar, giving an early look of limited-time and seasonal events throughout the year.

View attachment 757429

Full details can be found at the link below.

Also… can we peep that Halloween now starts August 23rd… 🙃

Maybe the rumours of no normal Haunted Mansion next year are indeed true…

Andrew25

I don't think Disneyland has ever announced all the Events for the year with dates like this before. Usually its Season by Season making it hard to plan for something in advance.

Sounds like a call to APs to keep renewing(or attract more). SeaWorld announces its full slate of events in advance to make APs aware of everything in a year.

jrhwdw

There are also rumors pointing back to WJ returning next year and not DL Forever.....

Of course, no news out of DLR's Night Parade Building.......

Consumer

Why is Pixar Fest back for the summer? That was the most underwhelming event. The firework show was dull, the bunting on Main Street looked awful, and there's nothing special about Pixar worth celebrating.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd theorize this is an excuse to have another year without the American flag bunting on Main Street USA. But I would never make such a claim.

jrhwdw

Why is Pixar Fest back for the summer? That was the most underwhelming event. The firework show was dull, the bunting on Main Street looked awful, and there's nothing special about Pixar worth celebrating.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd theorize this is an excuse to have another year without the American flag bunting on Main Street USA. But I would never make such a claim.
It looks like Pixar Fest might be at DCA?

mickEblu

Lol this is where my mind went as well. But I suppose they wouldn’t have the daily flag ceremony of this was the case. Conspiracy theory aside I really enjoy the red/ white/ blue bunting in summer time. Hopefully they don’t do the blue and yellow bunting again and keep Pixar Fest to special foods, merchandise, parades/ shows etc. The bunting adds nothing. Or better yet keep Pixar Fest at DCA.

SuddenStorm

I'm just dumbfounded by Disney's consistent attempts to make 'Pixar' a brand. It's not a brand, it's an animation studio.

Thank goodness Walt didn't call Fantasyland 'Walt Disney Animation Land', like the Disney company would have had they built it in the 2010's like Pixar Pier.

Pixar Pals Structure.
Pixar Pal Around.
Pixar Pier.
Pixar Place Hotel.

It's not creative, and is a reminder that these stories are developed by creatives at a studio which harms the immersion.

When I worked there, they had a few of those used buntings for sale at Property Control... I bought one and it's a prized possession in my Disney collection. They also had flags from the Mark Twain dock- which I didn't buy and I've been regretting it for the last four years.

Nland316

I think I’m in the minority of people who actually didn’t mind Pixar Fest.

It never overstayed its welcome, and I actually liked the fireworks show so I don’t have a problem with it coming back, especially being temporary. DCA having a parade back is probably the biggest net positive out of this news. I wonder if it’ll be a simple calvacade or if any Pixar Play Parade floats were saved for all these years.

Will I plan a trip around it? No.. but Disney’s hosted worse events.

TP2000

Except for the details about Fantasmic!, none of this is exciting. And none of it is new; it's all re-used ideas and concepts that have been around for years. Most of these things have been around for a decade or more at this point.

It's like announcing Viva Navidad! is going to be performing next Christmas.... for the 12th year in a row. ;)

This is clearly aimed at keeping AP's renewing throughout the year, so they think "Well, we can't let the kids miss Pixar Fest!"

mickEblu

Also, can we all please thank @DCBaker for updating us on stuff like this? In this Disneyland forum, and elsewhere on this site, that guy or gal is always right on top of the latest announcements from corporate Disney, often within minutes of their release. It's very much appreciated!

Thank you @DCBaker! :)

Lol agreed. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve beaten him to the punch a few times but instead of posting I just waited for his thread just to keep things consistent for all the fine folks over here.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom