News 2018 ticket price increases

Fantasia Gardens

I don't think so...so there must be an earlier switch date than Jan 1. Perhaps 2019 tickets will go on sale in November? (I'm just thinking 60 days prior to the new year).

I know it’s not technically official, but on the Blog Mickey post, they said the tickets purchased after the price hike will be good until the end of 2019.

NearTheEars

If it wasn’t for the payment plan, there’s no way I could stomach forking over the $1,000+ for our two Gold APs all at once. Can’t believe how much they’ve gone up in the relatively short time (in comparison to many here) that we’ve had them. Still baffled me that they managed to raise the prices on us a few years ago and add blackouts at the same time.

I’m not sure when our breaking point is. We did drop down to Silver for a year, but we renewed at Gold in July.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
have you posted that before?
i know i've 'liked' it before...

regardless, completely apt far too often, and to a large degree obviously true
- prescient even, as it foretold both pressler and chapek :hilarious:

c'est magnifique

I have the dang thing bookmarked on YouTube for frequent use :)

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I *think* not until January 1. Last year, I believe that Disney changed the roles so that tickets (unless otherwise stated) had to be used in the calendar year in which they were purchased. I know that DVC had a ticket offer in 2017 that didn't expire until the end of 2018, but that is the only exception I've seen so far.

Any chance you are Active or Career Retired US Military? I only ask because the tickets purchased at Shades of Green do not expire till 2030. I know this information only helps a select few, but I wanted to share.

cdeev8690

Between the $400 Disney gift card I got for Christmas and the tax return that just hit my bank account, I bought my very first AP. I read through the terms & conditions and can't find anything to indicate what date I should activate by in order to avoiding having to pay the difference in price but I trust ya'll. I'm hoping to get there sooner but I'm definitely planning a December 2018 trip with my partner.

I am a sheep but I'm a very happy sheep. I've wanted this for a very long time.

disneyflush

My apologies. I had a typo in my original post. It's for a family of 6, not 5. I didn't catch that until I saw your average price. I will correct my original post. My post was based on the 6-person price though, so I do stand by my point. I am very sorry about the mistake, however. Thank you for questioning it. I certainly did not mean to be inaccurate.

Zero need to be sorry! We are going to Uni soon and I wanted to make sure I was including everything in my price evaluation. Your original point that the 2 companies have similar pricing now is well taken.

GlassHalfFull

Any chance you are Active or Career Retired US Military? I only ask because the tickets purchased at Shades of Green do not expire till 2030. I know this information only helps a select few, but I wanted to share.

I am not sure this is true.. the Salute tickets this year expire at end of this year on December 19th..

Which tickets are you talking about? because if I can get the shades priced tickets that don't expire then it is far cheaper than buying an AP for 3 weeks worth of trips over the next 12 months

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I am not sure this is true.. the Salute tickets this year expire at end of this year on December 19th..

Which tickets are you talking about? because if I can get the shades priced tickets that don't expire then it is far cheaper than buying an AP for 3 weeks worth of trips over the next 12 months

Correct the Salute tickets expire 12/19/18. Shades of Green also sells Magic Your Way tickets.

Legendary

For all the possible reasons of any and all price hikes at WDW, the one constant is that PEOPLE CONTINUE TO VISIT regardless. I am sure there are all sorts of fancy financial metrics and algorithms that a simpleton like myself will not understand, but in the end...people keep visiting. Cant blame them for raising prices.
Yes, people do continue to visit. But there are many people like myself that have reduced the number and length of their visits. It is bound to catch up at some point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom