2017 vacation packages and reservations

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It has, but years ago they wouldn't release the packages until early to mid August, so we didn't really notice. With them releasing in June, it has become more noticeable.

Yes true I remember that well because we often booked December and was able to in August when released for the next year. ;)

officialtom

Original Poster
What are the benefits of booking now vs booking when the discounts are released?

You're guaranteed a room if you book now. If the room you want has no availability when the discounts are released, you're out of luck.

All you need to pay when you reserve room-only is the cost of one night + tax, which is fully refundable up to 5 days before check-in.

DisneyDebRob

View attachment 147104 View attachment 147103

I just pulled up different November dates in 2017 just now and it brought up rooms no problem with prices at most resorts. Now granted over 499 days you only get a starting price and can't book yet but go by that starting price at the resort you want and also look at this years prices for your exact room you want to prepare for next year.:)
Being DVC, you forget and never comes across your mind what room rates are going for anymore. After seeing your post and the prices, I'm thinking for the first time in awhile that I'm glad I am DVC. Wow. Never thought they were that high.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Being DVC, you forget and never comes across your mind what room rates are going for anymore. After seeing your post and the prices, I'm thinking for the first time in awhile that I'm glad I am DVC. Wow. Never thought they were that high.

I didn't forget the prices as we just joined in 2013 (stayed in all deluxe prior or villas by booking direct with room discounts) and we often add a few cash days to our points reservation still. Yes we get the 25% off with DVC or AP discount on the extra days but that price is still high with that. So the prices are not forgotten! Haha! :eek::cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom