2016 Trip Planning Unavailable Online?

SoupBone

Maybe I just recall incorrectly, but I thought that you could book online within one calendar year of a trip. I just tried to pull January 2016 trip rates, and I don't see any option to select ANY dates for 2016. If not, when does it become available? 1 year is not at all uncommon when planning a Disney trip.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Maybe I just recall correctly, but I thought that you could book online within one calendar year of a trip. I just tried to pull January 2016 trip rates, and I don't see any option to select ANY dates for 2016. If not, when does it become available? 1 year is not at all uncommon when planning a Disney trip.
You can only book room only 499 days prior, and have to call.
For packages and such you can only book once the 2016 prices are released. Those should be released in the next few months and then you can book packages online for all of 2016. :)

Upvote 0

SoupBone

Original Poster
You can only book room only 499 days prior, and have to call.
For packages and such you can only book once the 2016 prices are released. Those should be released in the next few months and then you can book packages online for all of 2016. :)

Baaahhhhh, I swear you could see online prices prior to 6 months out. I'm not concerned about the discounts right now, I just want a base package price. I swear you could do this further in advance than 6 months or so. Thank You.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Baaahhhhh, I swear you could see online prices prior to 6 months out. I'm not concerned about the discounts right now, I just want a base package price. I swear you could do this further in advance than 6 months or so. Thank You.
You can do more than 6 months out once the prices are released. Unfortunately for January/February trips usually because the new prices are not released until summer, then you have to do it in under 6 months possibly. Usually though the new prices are out by June timeframe so you should still get 6 months to do everything. Disney is usually good about giving people at least 180 days prior due to dining reservations and such. Don't worry you will be able to book soon and start full on planning. :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

They haven't finalized/announced the prices for 2016 yet. So the online system has no idea what to charge you. On the phone they can go over the terms and make sure you know that your price will most likely change. So if you do call in on the phone and make a booking, they will simply take 1 nights deposit (at this years rate) I believe. And then when the prices/packages are announced, your price will be modified accordingly, and your booking with then be subject to whatever terms are laid out at that time.

Upvote 0

SoupBone

Original Poster
They haven't finalized/announced the prices for 2016 yet. So the online system has no idea what to charge you. On the phone they can go over the terms and make sure you know that your price will most likely change. So if you do call in on the phone and make a booking, they will simply take 1 nights deposit (at this years rate) I believe. And then when the prices/packages are announced, your price will be modified accordingly, and your booking with then be subject to whatever terms are laid out at that time.

I just spent several minutes chatting (in the chat box) with a Disney rep that said I cannot book or even get a quote for any prices in 2016. She said that prices will be available sometime in August. I just don't understand how they expect people that are trying to plan a trip in under a year to have even the slightest idea of prices. I have family members wanting to save money for several months in advance of the trip, and they need hard, or at least solid numbers. She told me that January - mid-February was low attendance rates and mid-February - April is considered peak season. If our trip dates get shifted into February, it will really alter our rates.

So if I can't get rates or book the trip yet, what would you suggest to even get a ballpark estimate? Try booking base prices (no discounts) for moderate rate months? This is pretty frustrating. :in pain:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I just spent several minutes chatting (in the chat box) with a Disney rep that said I cannot book or even get a quote for any prices in 2016. She said that prices will be available sometime in August. I just don't understand how they expect people that are trying to plan a trip in under a year to have even the slightest idea of prices. I have family members wanting to save money for several months in advance of the trip, and they need hard, or at least solid numbers. She told me that January - mid-February was low attendance rates and mid-February - April is considered peak season. If our trip dates get shifted into February, it will really alter our rates.

So if I can't get rates or book the trip yet, what would you suggest to even get a ballpark estimate? Try booking base prices (no discounts) for moderate rate months? This is pretty frustrating. :in pain:

The "chat agent" was either misinformed, or only knows how their area of the company works as you cannot book them online until prices are released. Simply call Disney CRO directly at the 407wdisney number. They will let you book it over the phone at the current rates, and then when the new prices are announced, they will adjust your final cost. To give you an idea of possible increases you can see some historical rates for PO here -> http://www.portorleans.org/roomrates-historical.php That page (along with many others) also shows you roughly when the seasons for pricing would change. Typically it shifts from low to peak right around President's Day, so whenever that falls, expect prices to go up shortly there after. For a ballpark I would take current rack rates plus about 15%. I'd expect any increase to roughly be in the 10-15% range, but may vary depending on property and room type.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom