Trip Report 2016 Disney Cruise To Western Caribbean and F&W Festival

Hello Friends!

It feels like it has been ages since I post a complete trip report on this forum. My last one was an abbreviated report on the Wanyama Safari that we took during one of our trips. And before that, my last complete trip report was on the Trade City, USA pin trading event back in 2010! That was 6 years ago! Whoa!

So I thought it is about time I do another report. This will be ongoing that will include a visit to the Kennedy Space Center, a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy, and finally, a few days at WDW. We leave for FL tomorrow heading off to Orlando. Then, after a quick stop at Disney Springs to renew our annual passes, we'll make a quick hop to Epcot, and then we'll pick up a couple of our friends who will be arriving mid afternoon at MCO before heading to Cocoa Beach.

We will visit the Kennedy Space Center on Friday, and then our cruise will commence on Saturday. We will get back to Port Canaveral the following Saturday. Our port-of-calls will be Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and of course, Castaway Cay. I have been on a few Disney Cruises before (all of them on the Disney Dream). This will be my first time on the Disney Fantasy, and it will also be my first Halloween Cruise!
01f5dcff8ee4b3898b7b85f6e6b2efb54cb7e549f3.jpg

And yes, I am very looking forward to it. I have my costume ready!

We will do a number of planned excursion at the various port-of-calls. I'm planning to tour the ruins at Cozumel, and we will do the zip-line plus the bob-sled run in Jamaica. Yeah!

When we get to WDW, we have tickets for the Star Wars dessert party and MNSSHP. And of course, we will be doing F&W festival.

So this will be a packed and exciting trip! I will try to post my reports whenever I can during the trip, but as you can guess, not much during the cruise since I won't have an internet connection (maybe at the port-of-calls since we have international roaming on T-mobile). I hope no one will mind if I also include a report on the Kennedy Space Center on here.

Still have a few more things to pack before our early morning flight tomorrow. I just know that I won't be able to sleep much tonight!

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Chilling out at the DVC members lounge at the Imagination pavilion. They really should make this a permanent perk.
IMG_4055.JPG

We did soarin' 3 times by 11:00 am! More on my feelings of the new movie later, but I spotted 2 hidden Mickeys easily.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning for the final time from the Most Magical Place on Earth. We fly home late afternoon today. We plan on spending most of our remaining time at Epcot, since we missed Test Track yesterday. I can't believe that the 2-week vacation is over!

We spent the late afternoon and evening at Disney Springs, since other than a quick lunch here almost 2 weeks ago, we haven't spent time at all here. It was a lovely, relaxing time there.

As I said earlier, I'll post reports on the cruise after I get back. It was a lot of fun, and I definitely will consider only 7+-night cruise only from now on. Anything less have felt unsatisfyingly-short before. This one was definitely in the "very satisfying" category.

I'll try to post some more on our remain hours here, but if I don't get to it, I'll see you when I'm back home.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
I just stepped outside on the balcony of our room, and it is a perfect, gorgeous morning. It is as if the weather here is taunting us and daring us to leave it for the rainy, 50-degree weather we will be faced with when we get home tonight.

IMG_0967.JPG

Do we really have to go home today?

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Harira soup before

IMG_4097.JPG

Harira soup after
IMG_4098.JPG

This is one of our most favorite soups around and it is very delicious here at Marrakech.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom