2014: What's in store?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'd be surprised. Live sports is about the last thing that people will still watch in real time---and the rights-holders have steadfastly refused to stream it live unless you also have a bundled pay subscription.

Trouble is ESPN has almost no live games lots of 2 guys arguing shows, and Disney wants to boost the per sub fee to 9.32 per subscriber from the current 5.76 per subscriber.

This is heading for a premium tier real fast, Fox is offering real live games for .76 per sub

bhg469

How many people actually buy a single day ticket?
I wouldn't notice if they hit the $100 threshold, as I always buy 9 or 10 day Park Hoppers, which are worked into the overall vacation quote.
You can say that's Disney's way of pulling one over on me, but that's how most vacation packages work (cruises, all-inclusives), so I'm fine with it.
When I go down for work have one day to have to do whatever. I have bought them in the past but they dont want my $ anymore so never again.

Last edited:

Clowd Nyne

Trouble is ESPN has almost no live games lots of 2 guys arguing shows, and Disney wants to boost the per sub fee to 9.32 per subscriber from the current 5.76 per subscriber.

This is heading for a premium tier real fast, Fox is offering real live games for .76 per sub
This erks me because no one should have to pay for NFL games. Put MNF back on ABC! Oh and as for Disney Channel you can take Dog with a Blog and [explicit content]

71jason

How many people actually buy a single day ticket?

A surprising number, actually. This debate came up earlier in the year, asked a CM friend in ticket sales, he said 80 - 90% of walk-ups buy a 1-day ticket ... even when he tries to explain how they could get a better deal. I was shocked personally, like you I assumed most were buying multi-day tickets.

walter1901

Magic Kingdom
7DMT Opens in Spring
FOFP Premieres Early Spring

Epcot
New Shows in Countries
Third Soarin Theater + New Show

DHS
Complete Overhaul
Star Wars Land
Expansion of Pixar Place

DAK
Nightime Safaris and Entertainment
New FOFTLK theater

Just Predictions!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Looks like the offender was deleted-user @hintofspy sent a pic to @ecardonwalker that's where one of my spy's told me to look
I had seen that one as well. The user wasn't deleted, but that particular missive was....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
it will be this year, This will be the great driver which moves people to UNI, Disney AP is now 609+tax
UNI premier pass is 419 and it includes FOTL after 4PM with the exception of HP

Plus if you look at the locals they are dumping their DIS AP's for UNI AP's - Not a good sign.

We booked a 6 night stay for January a few months ago when we thought we would renew our AP's. We are not renewing though. We are still going to go since its already paid for but will just buy park hoppers. It will be our last big hoorah at WDW for awhile.

Im already preparing for my wife to be in tears when we leave knowing we wont be back to the place that means soooo much to us. The place where I proposed to her. The place we last saw her uncle and enjoyed a few days together before he passed away. The place I have many fond memories of hanging out with my baby sister who is also no longer with us. The place where we can just laugh and have fun and forget about the outside world for a few days. Those are the reasons my wife and I go as perhaps many others do. We enjoy the simple things of WDW and have spent entire days just hanging out and only riding ONE attraction for the whole day. But people like us are dying breed. We will not return this year or next perhaps and that will make room for the type of guest WDW seems to really care about. Im sure when we return in a few years our favorite things such as sitting atop the steps at Japan Pavilion with a Tokyo Sunset in hand will still be waiting on us, or looking for the first hidden mickey her uncle showed us at HS. We will never need to book those 60 days in advance or need an app to enjoy them. I dont need to scan a wristband to give my wife a kiss at the spot where I proposed. Thats where the "magic" is for us. I can only hope the current leadership never looses site of one thing,.."it was all started...." you know the rest. And if you dont, then your the type of guest that WDW is looking for.

side note: sad as we are to not be renewing we are super excited to be a planning a trip to DL this year and going to Uni as well. So in the end, TWDC will still get some of our money, just not in Orlando

Last edited:

mm52200

Something for the Studios please???? Would love for a new parade to be brought there and see them act on one of the several rumored expansions over the past few years. Pixar Place, Cars, Star Wars, seriously any of those expansions would be great!

Buck

You don't watch much ESPN, do you?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We booked a 6 night stay for January a few months ago when we thought we would renew our AP's. We are not renewing though. We are still going to go since its already paid for but will just buy park hoppers. It will be our last big hoorah at WDW for awhile.

Im already preparing for my wife to be in tears when we leave knowing we wont be back to the place that means soooo much to us. The place where I proposed to her. The place we last saw her uncle and enjoyed a few days together before he passed away. The place I have many fond memories of hanging out with my baby sister who is also no longer with us. The place where we can just laugh and have fun and forget about the outside world for a few days. Those are the reasons my wife and I go as perhaps many others do. We enjoy the simple things of WDW and have spent entire days just hanging out and only riding ONE attraction for the whole day. But people like us are dying breed. We will not return this year or next perhaps and that will make room for the type of guest WDW seems to really care about. Im sure when we return in a few years our favorite things such as sitting atop the steps at Japan Pavilion with a Tokyo Sunset in hand will still be waiting on us, or looking for the first hidden mickey her uncle showed us at HS. We will never need to book those 60 days in advance or need an app to enjoy them. I dont need to scan a wristband to give my wife a kiss at the spot where I proposed. Thats where the "magic" is for us. I can only hope the current leadership never looses site of one thing,.."it was all started...." you know the rest. And if you dont, then your the type of guest that WDW is looking for.

side note: sad as we are to not be renewing we are super excited to be a planning a trip to DL this year and going to Uni as well. So in the end, TWDC will still get some of our money, just not in Orlando

Not visiting WDW makes me sad as well, I was in Orlando on NYE visiting family just skipped WDW entirely in the past i would have gone to parks. I even had Premier passport with me. DW and I have a lot of great memories at WDW but TDO/TWDC are working to remove all the fun from the visits.

It used to be you could just wander the parks finding the special entertainment and details that made parks special. Perhaps pull a FP if you wanted to ride a headliner.

Now you need to plan every step 6 months out and bury nose in smartphone, Not fun and not a vacation any longer.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It used to be you could just wander the parks finding the special entertainment and details that made parks special. Perhaps pull a FP if you wanted to ride a headliner.

I sadly believe that visiting the parks and wandering around to find the special things are the ways of the past. With advancements in technology it's not hard for visitors to already know where everything unique and magical is before they get there by looking online and reading reviews. Folks like us grew up in an age when the Birnbaum Guide was the sole reference for trip planning. Lol.

Nowadays people consider it some type of luxury to able to book attractions 60 days out. They love that they can be on their smart phone planning their next attraction while theyre riding Spaceship Earth.;) Are these things convenient? Sure. Will they help you plan ahead of time? Yes. Do they have your entire itinerary available by simply checking your phone? Absolutely. Would I take all these conveniences over the old school , no frills, 'I have now idea what I'm doing next' type of vacation I grew up with? Not in a million years.

The people that want all this new stuff will still make great memories and have great vacations. Some people think new is better. Sometimes it is. But what WDW HAD was timeless. New and old were intertwined to create a world of complete fantasy. It was a place where time stood still and moved forward at the same time. Many parts of that world are still there but they're being cared for by fools who lack the vision to preserve them and would absolutely canabalize them to preserve their profit margins for another fiscal year.

Fractal514

So, if the stuff you like isn't affected by scanning a wristband, why exactly are you not returning? All of the stuff you mention is stuff you can still do. Now if you told me that your favorite thing was running ahead of the crowds to score fastpasses and then collecting them throughout the day to cash them all in in the evening, I'd say you've got a point, but can you please explain what it is that is lacking that you feel the need to stop going to a place you seem to care so much about?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom