2010 Christmas Day Parade!

disneyfan168

Original Poster
I heard the dates are the 3rd-5th of December! Anyone know anymore details? When will the celebrities who will be on the show list be up? Also, Are they going to give out free tickets via there website again?

Buzz2001

The parade is being film on Saturday, Dec 4 and Sun, 12/5 is the back up date. The cheerleaders that perform in the parade are staying at CSR (as they did last year).

PhilharMagician

Here is a link to the production company that has been producing the parade show on ABC for many years. In the past they have had a link for extra's on the website, but I do not see anythink yet.
Understand that there really are no free tickets. You will be cast as an extra and will be required to do such until the production sees fit to dismiss you. It could be a 4 hour day or a 12 hour day depending on how shooting is going and if the weather is cooperating. Once you are dismissed you can spend the remainder of the day in the park.

http://www.lightshiptv.com/company/about.php

Tigger1988

I know sometimes the musical performances are filmed before the actual parade filming days. Last year a few artists recorded their performances in Nov. So don't count on seeing a ton of celebs, they may be filmed in advance.

ttalovebug

But if you end up not getting a ticket, you can still hang around Main St. and the hub all day and see plenty. You won't be able to get so close, but I've shown up in past years at the last minute and was able to see some cool things.

Kobe!!

Here is a link to the production company that has been producing the parade show on ABC for many years. In the past they have had a link for extra's on the website, but I do not see anythink yet.
Understand that there really are no free tickets. You will be cast as an extra and will be required to do such until the production sees fit to dismiss you. It could be a 4 hour day or a 12 hour day depending on how shooting is going and if the weather is cooperating. Once you are dismissed you can spend the remainder of the day in the park.

http://www.lightshiptv.com/company/about.php

If I recall here was last years days/line up:

12/3 - Yanni and his singers followed by Chris Allen
12/4 - Celine Deon
12/5 - Jonas Brothers and the parade

Wrong and wrong!
1. The tickets are free. (limited quantities)
2. As for you having to wait all day, this is not true. You are not forced to stay! You can come and go freely. HOWEVER, you can not leave the park and come back in. With the free passes you are given a early admission so you are closer then the general public. The people that tend to get their at the early opening (requires a special ticket) tend to be dressed up for the taping. Most of the people who are just normal guests do not know of the taping and have regular clothes on.

PhilharMagician

12/4 - Celine Deon

Wrong and wrong!
1. The tickets are free. (limited quantities)
2. As for you having to wait all day, this is not true. You are not forced to stay! You can come and go freely. HOWEVER, you can not leave the park and come back in. With the free passes you are given a early admission so you are closer then the general public. The people that tend to get their at the early opening (requires a special ticket) tend to be dressed up for the taping. Most of the people who are just normal guests do not know of the taping and have regular clothes on.

Ok, so you were were part of this before? They let you roam around and do what you want??

I know you do not pay $$ for the tickets. I guess I should have clarified myself better. You pay for your tickets by being a stand-in for the taping. I guess reading between the lines can be difficult

As far as being able to come and go as you please?? Unless this has changed, I cannot imagine they would give people access to the park for free and let them go do what they want. Many people would take advantage of a free ticket and just disappear. I was going to sign up a few years ago and the application directly stated that I would not be able to leave the taping until released by the production crew. For that I refused to be involved because I did not want to be tied up all day.

If they are now giving tickets to anyone for that day that signs up (in limited quantities) and you can come and go as you want, Well sign me up!!!!!!!

I have been there for that weekend many many times and when the taping is going on security is controlling the people that are viewable by the cameras for the stage performance in front of the castle and they also route most guests backstage around Main St USA during parade taping. A few guests can get through the shops, but it is pretty packed along the parade route. The parade also gets boring when they stop it and back it up if they need a retake and also only runs parts of the parade at a time and not the whole parade. It is looks much better on TV!

Kobe!!

Ok, so you were were part of this before? They let you roam around and do what you want??

I know you do not pay $$ for the tickets. I guess I should have clarified myself better. You pay for your tickets by being a stand-in for the taping. I guess reading between the lines can be difficult

As far as being able to come and go as you please?? Unless this has changed, I cannot imagine they would give people access to the park for free and let them go do what they want. Many people would take advantage of a free ticket and just disappear. I was going to sign up a few years ago and the application directly stated that I would not be able to leave the taping until released by the production crew. For that I refused to be involved because I did not want to be tied up all day.

If they are now giving tickets to anyone for that day that signs up (in limited quantities) and you can come and go as you want, Well sign me up!!!!!!!

I have been there for that weekend many many times and when the taping is going on security is controlling the people that are viewable by the cameras for the stage performance in front of the castle and they also route most guests backstage around Main St USA during parade taping. A few guests can get through the shops, but it is pretty packed along the parade route. The parade also gets boring when they stop it and back it up if they need a retake and also only runs parts of the parade at a time and not the whole parade. It is looks much better on TV!

You can get close without having the special ticket but you will have to fight through a lot of people.
I recall last year when I was dead center for Chris Allen some little girl pushed her way all the way up and the people around me as well as myself told her to GET OUT. All the people around us were in line SUPER early and remember who was by us so when we saw someone pushing to get to the front it wasn't going to fly with us.
I'm sending you a PM.

Figment1986

12/4 - Celine Deon

Thursday: 12/3, Friday 12/4, and Sunday 12/6 due to major rain which was foretasted on Saturday... another reason Celine Dion was in Grand Floridian.

They usually do Friday, and Sat as main days with sun as a contingency day if possible. last year they added Thursday due to celebs coming.

Kobe!!

All I know is I saw everyone perform besides Celion. I was at GF waiting and waiting but had to go to work.

Word on the street was she was very ignorant to everyone there. Did the song and left.

Figment1986

All I know is I saw everyone perform besides Celion. I was at GF waiting and waiting but had to go to work.

Word on the street was she was very ignorant to everyone there. Did the song and left.

She was rushing a lot... I was on the 5th floor (normally restricted but tickets for taping got me up there) and she was changing up there too in one of the suites... moved as fast as possible, but it was an alright performance.

Photos from that day:
http://gallery.figmentsmedia.net/Walt-Disney-World/Magic-Kingdom/Disney-Parks-Christmas-Parade/10568707_JtQFA

shatech

Oh lord we were there last year during the taping and it was a nightmare! You won't catch me dead at Magic Kingdom during the Christmas parade taping EVER again!! You couldn't even move...we were rerouted through a parking lot to get over by Space Mountain and such.

Mr.MouseFan

In addition to the two songs she performed, she also did interviews with several media outlets including Entertainment Tonight and Extra as well as a meet and greet for a family from Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

Anyone who has ever met Celine can tell you, she is far from ignorant. Busy and unable to take time to sign autographs during the few hours of production for all of these shows? Most likely. :xmas:

prberk

For all of these reasons, as well as everything else about it, I wish they would go back to LIVE. It was only around 10-15 years ago that it was live. We happened to go there the very next year, and I was hoping then it would be only a passing fad, because of how commercial it looked as compared to before.

The parade on TV in the eighties and early nineties was much more electric and fun than the two hour commercial we get today. You could feel it, and my family used to look forward to having it on after everyone had opened presents and was waiting for extended family to come in that afternoon. My brothers are both musicians and choir leaders at church and school, so they live entertainment -- and know it. The parade is more polished now, but has no life. It's like an info-mercial.

They need to do it live again. Compare it to the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving Day (or even old tapes of the live Disney World parade). It's also commercial, but live is so much more electric and genuine.

Paul

bgraham34

For all of these reasons, as well as everything else about it, I wish they would go back to LIVE. It was only around 10-15 years ago that it was live. We happened to go there the very next year, and I was hoping then it would be only a passing fad, because of how commercial it looked as compared to before.

The parade on TV in the eighties and early nineties was much more electric and fun than the two hour commercial we get today. You could feel it, and my family used to look forward to having it on after everyone had opened presents and was waiting for extended family to come in that afternoon. My brothers are both musicians and choir leaders at church and school, so they live entertainment -- and know it. The parade is more polished now, but has no life. It's like an info-mercial.

They need to do it live again. Compare it to the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving Day (or even old tapes of the live Disney World parade). It's also commercial, but live is so much more electric and genuine.

Paul

I did not know they even ever did it live.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
WDW stopped filming their Christmas Day Parade live in 2001, I think. 2007 was the last year that they filmed all-new footage for the parade. Since 2007, they have used segments from previous years and refilmed certain parts, however, this does not always work out for them as the same float was seen twice with different characters/themes last year. Hopefully they will film it all new again this year...but like others have said I would rather see a return to a completely live Christmas Day Parade.

prberk

I did not know they even ever did it live.

And that is what is sad. It was much more Christmas and WDW-driven, and less celebrity driven (even though there were celebrities). The celebrities were more Christmas and family favorites for all ages, rather than only a commercial for the next Disney Channel original series.

Don't get me wrong, even Walt's very first TV special was a Christmas Day special in 1954 (?) and was also promoting an upcoming movie, so I understand cross-promotion. I am just saying that the parade was much more fun on TV when it was live.

Anyone here have any experience being at the MK on Christmas Day during those years?

I would image the parade live coverage experience would still have stops and starts (for commercials), but more fun and electric even at the park -- "Look grandma, I'm on TV! NOW! Can you see me?"

Better than the "Today" show!

Paul

JonnyK

She was rushing a lot... I was on the 5th floor (normally restricted but tickets for taping got me up there) and she was changing up there too in one of the suites... moved as fast as possible, but it was an alright performance.

Photos from that day:
http://gallery.figmentsmedia.net/Walt-Disney-World/Magic-Kingdom/Disney-Parks-Christmas-Parade/10568707_JtQFA

Awesome pics, i see myself in one of these pics.. in the audience for the Celine Dion performance.

Hoping to see the free tickets return this year.. for a return again.

thegame460

Response from Lightship Entertainment

Josh,

We will not be giving tickets for the parade taping this year.
Disney is coordinating the audience participation.

Louis

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom