2009 NFL Season

Number_6

Original Poster
Since today is the first Sunday of the new season, I figured we could discuss it in this thread rather than revive last year's thread. Looks like some good games on today's schedule. Unfortunately, being in Buffalo, I won't get to see some of the ones I want to, but here we're going to get the Jets/Texans, Giants/Redskins and Vikings/Browns games, so it should be pretty good.

Speaking of the Browns, I heard that 2000 Flushes is going to be buying the naming rights to Cleveland Browns Stadium. The plan is to rename it the "2000 Flushes Toilet Bowl." Management is hoping the extra money will allow them to sign a couple of more players to help "take the Browns to the Super Bowl." :lookaroun

Flower'sChild

Cowboys beat the Bucs 34 to 21 :sohappy::sohappy: Next week I hope the Cowboys crush the Giants.

So the Cowboys start at 1-0

The Eagles also start at 1-0

The Giants are playing the Redskins right now.

Number_6

Original Poster
Geaux Saints!

Kicked Detroits bootay!

:)

But they also let Detroit of all teams score 27 points against them. I'd be a little worried about their defense. The offense seems like it's doing well, but they have to have a good game against a good defense. I'm looking forward to watching the Patriots/Bills game and expect the Patriots to crush the Bills. But if the Bills put up 27 points against the Pats, I'm going to be worried about what a good team will do to them.

maggiegrace1

But they also let Detroit of all teams score 27 points against them. I'd be a little worried about their defense. The offense seems like it's doing well, but they have to have a good game against a good defense. I'm looking forward to watching the Patriots/Bills game and expect the Patriots to crush the Bills. But if the Bills put up 27 points against the Pats, I'm going to be worried about what a good team will do to them.

I know...well that's what my husband kept saying..:eek: I just understand when they make touchdowns and Drew Brees..:lookaroun:lol:

He said exactly what you said..that their defense needs work..

Still glad they won!..:D

Wilt Dasney

Geaux Saints!

Kicked Detroits bootay!

:)
Not much of an accomplishment there... :lookaroun

But I did think about you briefly when I heard on TV that Brees had passed for eleventy thousand yards and 84 touchdowns or whatever it was. :lol:

So...anybody else see the end of that Denver-Cincinnati game? The station here flipped over right as the Broncs were coming out for the last drive. I cracked (what I thought was) a joke to my roommate, said "Kyle Orten is about to lead this game-winning drive" in a mock dramatic voice, followed by "Who's Kyle Orten?"

Clearly I'm psychic. :eek:

maggiegrace1

Not much of an accomplishment there... :lookaroun

But I did think about you briefly when I heard on TV that Brees had passed for eleventy thousand yards and 84 touchdowns or whatever it was. :lol:

So...anybody else see the end of that Denver-Cincinnati game? The station here flipped over right as the Broncs were coming out for the last drive. I cracked (what I thought was) a joke to my roommate, said "Kyle Orten is about to lead this game-winning drive" in a mock dramatic voice, followed by "Who's Kyle Orten?"

Clearly I'm psychic. :eek:

They let them get those points because they felt bad for them..:D:lookaroun:lol:

Thanks for thinking about me..even if was briefly..:sohappy::lol:..and yes..eleventy thousand yards!..He rocks!:cool::king:

Number_6

Original Poster
Patriots won a hard fought game tonight against the Bills. I knew the Bills couldn't have been as bad as they looked in the pre-season. And I know they won't be underestimated by anyone else this season. I had a feeling when I saw the Detroit Lions put up a good score against the Saints and knowing that the Bills have a better team than the Lions, the Bills might do a lot better than most people were expecting, but I felt the Patriots would play better than they did. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. With the Bills playing as well as they did, I would not be surprised to see them end with the Wild Card if they can play against everyone else as tough as they did against the Pats tonight.

GenerationX

Wow, the NFC North won all four of their games this weekend! :eek:

I think Favre is a big baby, but the old man can still zip it. That play at the end of the Vikings game was unbelievable. Still, I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers than Favre right now. I'd rather have Rodgers than almost any QB, other than maybe Drew Brees. And, hey Dana, how about that second half for PT? I love seeing Illini grads do well (and not just because they're all on my fantasy team).

The Seahawks' highlighter green jerseys were pretty distracting, but ultimately Da Bearsss prevailed!! Daaaaaaa Bearrrrrrssssssssssssss!!

maggiegrace1

Wow, the NFC North won all four of their games this weekend! :eek:

I think Favre is a big baby, but the old man can still zip it. That play at the end of the Vikings game was unbelievable. Still, I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers than Favre right now. I'd rather have Rodgers than almost any QB, other than maybe Drew Brees. And, hey Dana, how about that second half for PT? I love seeing Illini grads do well (and not just because they're all on my fantasy team).

The Seahawks' highlighter green jerseys were pretty distracting, but ultimately Da Bearsss prevailed!! Daaaaaaa Bearrrrrrssssssssssssss!!
All I can say is...:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

:D

Tiggerfanatic

I'm watching the Patiots right now, too. How about all that snow!!!

But, why are the refs wearing red & white shirts instead of black & white? I think that's the first I've ever seen that.

And, GO STEELERS!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom