2004-2005

disneydentist

Originally posted by JEDI1138
2004 - Mission: Space, Attemp Number 2

2005 - Mission: Space, Attemp Number 3

This assumes that Mission: Space actually opens in 2003 or 2004. You do remember Test Track, don't you?:D :D

TURKEY

Originally posted by disneydentist

This assumes that Mission: Space actually opens in 2003 or 2004. You do remember Test Track, don't you?:D :D

I've got a better feeling about MS than TT because of what happened with TT and that it is completely from scratch and not placed into an existing building.

MrPromey

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I've got a better feeling about MS than TT because of what happened with TT and that it is completely from scratch and not placed into an existing building.

I tend to agree with you. More often than not, Disney seems to learn from mistakes and I don't think they will put themselves through the nightmare of another TT schedule... Also, I think they learned a lot about complexity leading to trouble with TT so I'm guessing that this ride will probably be a little more reliable on the whole. We already know that it's the first attraction to be designed with FP in mind so obviously they have been looking for ways to improve things overall and two flagship attractions right next to each other, down at the same time is something I'm pretty sure even Presler can understand...

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by coopdog
In 2003 philhar magic and mission space will open what's next in the short term 2004and2005?

Ive been wondering that myself...

Even with all the cutbacks and stuff at Disney, I'd think they will still be putting money into big projects like M:S, especially when talking about a time frame when plenty of time will have passed since they put money into their last big E-Ticket.

I'd say its about time to find out what Imagineering has up their sleeves after M:S opens. Mabey one of those long-awaited rumors will resurface again (Beastly Kingdom, Fire Mountain, etc.)

space42

Re: Re: 2004-2005

Originally posted by JLW11Hi

Even with all the cutbacks and stuff at Disney, I'd think they will still be putting money into big projects like M:S, especially when talking about a time frame when plenty of time will have passed since they put money into their last big E-Ticket.

Correction. Disney did not pay for Mission Space, Compaq (now HP) paid for 100% of this attraction. All money for new attractions at WDW has been diverted to help "fix" DCA (see Flicks Fun Fair and TOT).

My guess is that the next "big" thing will be the "50 years of Disney theme parks" in 2005. Complete with new parades and more "50 years of Disney theme parks" merchandise then you can shake a mickey wand at. :)

RPMdfw

Originally posted by coopdog
In 2003 philhar magic and mission space will open what's next in the short term 2004and2005?

Well, neither Epcot nor Disney Studios has a Dumbo/Aladin's Carpets/Triceratops Spin sort of ride yet. So, I'm counting on seeing at least two in Epcot (one for Future World and one for World Showcase) and one at the Studios in 2004-5. :lol:

Oh. And more giftshops. DEFINITELY more giftshops . . .

jherbert00

One thing i think that disney does well is reacting to negative feedback from its visitors. I think that disney knows that they can no longer get away with throwing unoriginal ideas into a park to either stop the bleeding momentarily( Chester's and hesters DINO-RAMA!) or to fill a empty space (the character greeting station at the old 20,000 leagues under the sea spot). In the end , maybe not by 2004-2005 , but soon after i think that disney will survey all the popular rides and will see that 90% of them are popular because of the Imagineers who worked on them. I promise you they will come back to being the creative gurus that they are :king:

vacation junkie

I figure we will at least see the start of construction for a new E-ticket attraction in Animal Kingdom. From some of the rumors I have heard I am guessing it will be a moutain attraction for Asia.

Originally posted by JEDI1138
2004 - Mission: Space, Attemp Number 2

2005 - Mission: Space, Attemp Number 3
LOL......could it be that there is someone more cynical than myself when it comes to Disney World attractions?? Well said JEDI1138! Well said!!

JEDI1138

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy

LOL......could it be that there is someone more cynical than myself when it comes to Disney World attractions?? Well said JEDI1138! Well said!!

Well, not cynical just very observant.

DanStat

I hope...

Maybe I'm neive(as you can tell by the spelling of that word!;)), but I think there will be quality, Disney attractions put back into the theme parks.

I hope there is a refurbishment of the major attractions, to bring them "up-to-date". Maybe even a few big attractions. I really like the idea for the new Animal Kingdom e-ticket. I've never really understood that path in Asia...it leads to no where!

I think we should see good things in store for the next few years. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom