20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Ideas

Is there anything that IS going to go in instead of a garden or something that i herd they were going to put in. I thought i herd something of Fire Mountain? dono it's just a thought!

MickeyMan101

I loved 20K as much as the next person. But if you think about it, it was very dated and must have been a bear to keep up with on maintenance.

Couple of points (and please don't get me wrong, I loved 20K and would love to go on it again on my next visit but sadly can't).

1. Even as a young child, waiting in line, you could see that the subs didn't really go under water. Yes, once inside the sub, the effects (to a child) looked cool. But, if you got close to your portal window, and looked straight up, you could always see the waterline a few feet above your head. But, it was part of the Disney magic . . .

2. On my last ride (1994?) the alge on the walls was horrific. I couldn't believe that Disney would let the little starfish and seahorse (and whatever else was there) hanging on the walls become so covered in the stuff that you could barely see them. Once we got into the "warehouse" things become dramatically cleaner -- guess it was because they were out of the direct line of the Florida sun.

3. The smell in the subs. Does anyone else remember this? On a hot day, stuck in a little sardine can with little or no air conditioning -- ugh -- stinky, stinky, stinky.

Just my 2 cents . . .

Michele

extinctlover244

20k photos..... from space!!!!

if you have google earth, you may be interested in this post.

the 20k lagoon is at 28* 25' 13.88" north 81* 34' 48.29" west

little tidbit of info 4 u!

you can even see what is left of the subs at
28* 25' 19.33" n 81* 34' 24.21" w

if you don't have google earth, download it for winows @ www.earth.google.com if you use macintosh / apple, tough luck!

goodbye for now.

p.s. if you want the coordinates for any other disney attractions, feel free.

voodoo321

I remember hearing that an attraction would be "grandfathered" against ADA regulations unless it went down for a lengthy rehab or closure of some kind. It would then have to re-open fully accessible. This is what happened, supposedly, to the Sleeping Beauty walk-through in Disneyland. They shut it down after 9/11 for security reasons and could not re-open it without ADA compliance, which would be impossible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom