2 weeks july trip with cousins(newbies) no pics sorry

Well, Ive been back from WDW for like a week and am just now recovering from the withdrawel symptoms. Just like last year, I discovered that me and my dad will be able to sneek back to disney for 4 days right before school starts :sohappy: yea, but of course that means that Ill have to recover from the withdrawel symptoms while battling first week of school trauma :eek: Oh well Ill live, any oppurtunity to go back to WDW Ill go.

Anyways now to the report.
Well, we got to Caribean beach around afternoon on the 3rd of july, after encountering a rude security guard we checked in to the Trinidad south section and almost immidietely my mom and brother(having never stayed there) began to complain about the size. Although I have to agree it was pretty small for 4 people, it was however much better than staying off site. I then made a remark about the whole situation and got in trouble but later decided to deal with their complaints, atleast for that day, and me and my dad went to MGM for extra evening hours.
While in line for RnRC at night some guys in the fastpass decided to rudely rub it in to the standby line that they have fastpasses, oh well teens will be teens, and dummies will be dummies.
The whole week, which was the week before the rest of my family came, I kept getting in trouble about stupid reasons, I thought it was a crummy way to end my days being 15 and let alone my favorate place on earth, but I guess my parents didnt care.
The day finally came when my cousins arrived. The whole week with them was totally unorganized and took alot of patience on my part, because I was so use to me and my dad going at a fast or steady pace and having to slow down or stop at the end of every attraction or practically every minute was really annoying. But I was pretty understandable seeing for some of them it was their first time ever and for others their first time in about 6 years, I didnt mind doing a couple of things they wanted that I didnt.

Well basically thats all I wanted to say, so if you took the time to read thank you and God bless, and I have a question for anybody that was in the parks from the 10th to like the 17th if you saw a lot of uncontrollable kids running around and their parents screaming their name that was my family and me. Anyways thats it, bye.

the-reason14

Original Poster
Thanks for taking the time to read, it was ok when my 2 cousins who are mature enough to ride most of the stuff I do, got to come with me and my brother in the MK. We had been around all of them including my aunt, mom, and all the little kiddy cousins for to long and being able to take that break from them practically all day was quite refreshing.

S_Grise

So you're 16 now, right? How much freedom did your parents let you have? How much did you want? I'm going to have one that will be 16, and one that will turn 15 during the next trip. I'm always curious about what other parents do. Thanks in advance!

the-reason14

Original Poster
S_Grise said:
So you're 16 now, right? How much freedom did your parents let you have? How much did you want? I'm going to have one that will be 16, and one that will turn 15 during the next trip. I'm always curious about what other parents do. Thanks in advance!

Yes I am. My brother is 18 so I was only able to go by myself, atleast when it was just my family of 4 before my cousins came, when he was going with me. The freedom I had(have) really all depends on who Im with, when my mom is there, she doesnt like me venturing off much on my own(even though this is disney world) but if its just me and my dad when he gets tired he allows me to go ride rides by myself. To be honest I really dont like being in lines and riding rides by myself, walking the parks maybe yes, but besides that no. My mom got worried when I told her I was going to meet my brother at the arcade by SM, she doesnt yet realize I know my way around so well. Oh well.

I think it all depends on how much you trust your kids before letting them go off.

wdwishes2005

S_Grise said:

1. i know a kid who goes everwhere by himself at disney, hes 13. he has a cell phone and is very responsible.
2. kids want TRUST, i know from experiance that if they are trustworthy, and you don't give more responsibilities and privilages, the kid gets very frustrated.

3 the kid stated above also has an adult room key, and dines by himself sometimes.

S_Grise

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'd worry too much about my daughters getting lost or stolen (haha) as long as they stay together. And they will have a phone, of course. I am concerned about the balance of family time vs. freedom. I'm sure we'll work it out. Like you said, wdwishes, if they show they can handle the responsibility, then they deserve it. In the past, we've had my son (currently 18) along and I felt better when they were with him. Thanks again for the replies!

wdwishes2005

S_Grise said:
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'd worry too much about my daughters getting lost or stolen (haha) as long as they stay together. And they will have a phone, of course. I am concerned about the balance of family time vs. freedom. I'm sure we'll work it out. Like you said, wdwishes, if they show they can handle the responsibility, then they deserve it. In the past, we've had my son (currently 18) along and I felt better when they were with him. Thanks again for the replies!
your welcome. also, a good thing is to eat dinner together, it always is fun after being alone or in groups for a while to meet back up for dinner.

S_Grise

That's definitely a good plan. I think there may be some confusion the first time or so about how long it takes to get from here to there and meeting up at the right times, but this is part of learning to be responsible. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel safer letting them have these life lessons at Disney than anyplace else I can think of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom