2 things I noticed about SGE

headhoncho34

Original Poster
1. The chili dog effect is not there anymore.
2. The restraints are not as tight as they used to be.

Do you think this had to do with guests complaining. What are your thoughts on this?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
When did you last see SGE? The last time I was there the chili dog effect was as stink as ever and the restraints were plenty tight. :shrug:

headhoncho34

Original Poster
When did you last see SGE? The last time I was there the chili dog effect was as stink as ever and the restraints were plenty tight. :shrug:
I was at WDW today and when I went on the ride the chili dog effect was nonexistant. Maybe it wasnt functioning or guests were complaining so they decided to disable the effect.

goreesha

Rumor has it they are in the process of replacing the chili dog effect with a full-on methane gas eruption. It is called "plussing the stink," and it will make SGE an even better ride than before.

GymLeaderPhil

Chili dog smells are still used. Supplies might be low on the fluids though.

The restraints see a lot of wear and tear daily from guests pulling down on them prior to their automatic lowering. As such certain seats will take longer than others to completely lower their restraints. The ones that are covered in each theater are usually those seats.

There also might have been something that blocked the restraint from lowering completely such as a person sitting higher at first and then slouching or a backpack.

Future Guy

Rumor has it they are in the process of replacing the chili dog effect with a full-on methane gas eruption. It is called "plussing the stink," and it will make SGE an even better ride than before.

"Plussing The Stink" would be an excellent name for a rock band. :)

RSoxNo1

I'll start this out by saying that Stitch's Great Escape is a horrible attraction. But having said that, there are some redeeming things about it.

1. The two animatronics (one per each chamber) are arguable the best animatronics in Walt Disney World... it's a shame they're wasted.
2. The Galactic Anthem isn't a bad musical score.

CThaddeus

And I'll start this out by saying that I don't think Stitch's Great Escape! is a horrible attraction. In fact, I find it very enjoyable. It certainly runs rings around its neighbor across the street, Monsters, Inc.
I've expressed my opinion before about Stitch's Great Escape! on this site, so I won't go too deeply into it here, but the chili dog smell has never bothered me (the stink smell in Journey Into Imagination with Figment and It's Tough to Be a Bug are worse...though still not intolerable). I also still think the attraction is thousands of times better than its predecessor. Alien Encounter had a great preshow, but a lousy, boring, and unnecessarily violent main attraction. It was a shame, because it did have a lot of potential. I know some here consider it to be a "classic," but I just didn't find it worth my time once the whole SIR and Skippy show was over.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It is one of the few rides that I do not regret missing out on. I'm just thankful it absorbs people within its queue that may otherwise be in the line for Buzz or SM.....

PurpleDragon

And I'll start this out by saying that I don't think Stitch's Great Escape! is a horrible attraction. In fact, I find it very enjoyable. It certainly runs rings around its neighbor across the street, Monsters, Inc.
I've expressed my opinion before about Stitch's Great Escape! on this site, so I won't go too deeply into it here, but the chili dog smell has never bothered me (the stink smell in Journey Into Imagination with Figment and It's Tough to Be a Bug are worse...though still not intolerable). I also still think the attraction is thousands of times better than its predecessor. Alien Encounter had a great preshow, but a lousy, boring, and unnecessarily violent main attraction. It was a shame, because it did have a lot of potential. I know some here consider it to be a "classic," but I just didn't find it worth my time once the whole SIR and Skippy show was over.

SGE is far far inferior to the sensory overload that was AE. Alien Encounter was a one of a kind attraction that was well before its time. It was one of my all time favorite attractions in WDW, too bad they got rid of it and replaced it with the repulsive garbage that is there now. To this day I have never ridden SGE, for the simple fact that it replaced my favorite ride in MK.

Mickey_777

I'll start this out by saying that Stitch's Great Escape is a horrible attraction. But having said that, there are some redeeming things about it.

1. The two animatronics (one per each chamber) are arguable the best animatronics in Walt Disney World... it's a shame they're wasted.
2. The Galactic Anthem isn't a bad musical score.

Very true...the animatronics are awesome and the reason why I like this ride. I hear people complaining about attraction all the time but I have yet to read an intelligent explanation as to why. IMO, "it sucks" or "because it replaced AE" doesn't count. It's got good theming and the great animatronics, plus it's based off of a popular Disney animated (CG-free) film...what is so wrong with it?

ryno1982

Very true...the animatronics are awesome and the reason why I like this ride. I hear people complaining about attraction all the time but I have yet to read an intelligent explanation as to why. IMO, "it sucks" or "because it replaced AE" doesn't count. It's got good theming and the great animatronics, plus it's based off of a popular Disney animated (CG-free) film...what is so wrong with it?

It's juvenile, the writing is horrible, the plot makes no sense, you sit in darkness for 80% of the show, the ending is anticlimatic, it's not entertaining, it replaced a classic attraction, and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland because it's a prequel to a film that takes place in the PRESENT.

Monorail_Orange

When I first rode SGE after it replaced AE, my words were, "It's cute...but it's no where near as good as AE was."

I agree the AAs are incredible (and how strange, they actually work).

SGE is very "cutesy." It has a decent storyline, and is mildly entertaining. Certainly, it beats the tar out of nothing.

AE, on the other hand, was amazingly immersive and as a result, VERY entertaining. It was scary, exciting, and hilarious. The comic relief was extremely well done both with the screen actors and the "peanut gallery guy" - ("Hey, it looks like my mother-in-law!" "No, please don't eat me! Eat this one!(kicks chair)" "Ugh! My mouth was open!") Perhaps the best part of all was AE allowed for suspended disbelief - it really COULD happen.

THAT's my problem with SGE, it's not immersive, nor does it allow for suspension of disbelief, and as a result, it's cute. It is not by any means a world-class attraction like AE.

Mickey_777

It's juvenile, the writing is horrible, the plot makes no sense, you sit in darkness for 80% of the show, the ending is anticlimatic, it's not entertaining, it replaced a classic attraction, and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland because it's a prequel to a film that takes place in the PRESENT.

Good answer. SGE isn't one of my favorite attractions but I still like it.

_Scar

The attraction is quite clever now that I think about it. Without that note-worthy horrible smell I feel like we'd use that special quality that makes SGE so memorable for either the right or horribly wrong reasons.

bg0617

SGE is far far inferior to the sensory overload that was AE. Alien Encounter was a one of a kind attraction that was well before its time. It was one of my all time favorite attractions in WDW, too bad they got rid of it and replaced it with the repulsive garbage that is there now. To this day I have never ridden SGE, for the simple fact that it replaced my favorite ride in MK.

How do you know if its a sensory inferior ride if you never saw it?

Oddysey

I rode SGE about 3 weeks ago and the chilie dog effect did not work in my particular seat, but it worked in the other seats around me. Maybe you just got one that was not working properly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom