2 Resorts, 1 Trip

WDW-Imagineer

My family has been planning our latest trip to WDW for next year and we've been really wanting to stay at a deluxe resort this time; just one downside, the price. We've been exploring the possibility of staying at a moderate for a few days and finish out the trip at a deluxe.

My question is how many people have done this? Was it too much of a hassle? We're not sure when we are gonna be going to WDW next (been 6 years since our last), so we kinda want to take advantage of staying at a deluxe if at all possible.

Thanks in advance! :)

MouseMadness

We did this last trip, and it was a cinch. :) We just called and told our plans and everything was pretty much taken care of by the front desk. They will arrange with you what time the luggage will be picked up and transport it for you. All you have to do is have it together to be taken! :wave: Now, we transferred from deluxe to deluxe, but I would think that they would offer to take are of luggage like this at any resort, regardless of whether it is deluxe or not. You may want to call ahead of time and see. :)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Original Poster
Great! We're just kinda concerned that the switch would take away from the whole experience, and add unnecessary stress to the trip. But it seems it's pretty easy. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

NTI2002

My Family has always been a group of die hard Poly fans, but one year we decided to try the Yacht Club when it first opened. My dad missed the Poly and wasn't happy at the Yacht club. so he called concierge to see if there as a room at the poly he coudl switch to and if it would be a problem, they said "a dream is a wish your heart makes, it'll be no problem"

they picked up our luggage, we went to the parks, and when we got to our room at the poly our luggage was waiting for us.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We do this on every trip we take!!

We spend the first night at a moderate resort because we drive down from Nashville and get to WDW about 4pm so, in order to save money we stay at Coronado Springs then transfer the next morning to the Deluxe resort where we have booked our package. Then on our last day we check out of our Deluxe room and transfer our bags back to CS where we stay the last night.

Never had a problem at all.

Upvote 0

TomorrowlandTyler

No Problem!

MouseMadness said:
We did this last trip, and it was a cinch. :) We just called and told our plans and everything was pretty much taken care of by the front desk. They will arrange with you what time the luggage will be picked up and transport it for you. All you have to do is have it together to be taken!

We did this 2 years ago, we booked late so we couldn't get all of our nights at the Boardwalk( a deluxe), so for the first 3 nights we stayed at the Coranado Springs (a moderate) and we just told the front desk when we checked in that we would be transfering and the took care of everything! The day of our switch, we packed up everything and left all of the bags by the door at C. Springs, went parking all day, arived at the Boardwalk at the end of the day, and picked up our bags at the bell stand. It was like magic, we didn't have to worry about a thing! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

buzzbeebara

I have a followup question. I already booked my stay at the Poly for 10 days, plus ultimate park hopper tickets (booked in calender year 2004 before the new ticket structure). After some consideration, I decided it would be cool to fly in a day early, and just hang out at a moderate resort for the night. I dont want to buy a park ticket for that earlier day, since i will probably just hang out and chill in preparation for my Poly 10 stay. Question 1, who should I contact about this, the early day moderate hotel, or the full blown Poly hotel? Question 2, when do I get my park tickets, when i check in to the early day hotel, or the start of the Poly full blown hotel? Just want to make sure that I can visit the parks before i "officially" check into my Poly trip.

Thanks for any info, you guys really are the best!

:)

Upvote 0

jesserin

1. Whoever you booked your trip with can also book a one night hotel stay. Or just call disney and they'll set it up for you -

Pros and Cons -
Pro to staying at moderate - cheaper, beautiful - fun for something different
Con - having to pack up and move the next day

Consider booking an extra night at the Poly - but not adding it to your package - you can referance your package on your one night booking - (they'll add the res number into the comments section of your booking) and you might not even have to change rooms the next day.

2. You can get your tickets at 7am the morning you check into the Poly for your package - anotherwards no matter where you stay that first night - you just have to head to the Poly in the morning to pick up your package tickets... and by the way - congrats that you still have the dream maker - i miss it terribly! :)

Upvote 0

bears163

i am a dvc member and we might do the two resort thing in december. i would rather pay the 60-70 for one night like at a all star resort than spend all those points for a friday night stay at a dvc. that way i can save more points for out next trip. and from what i have read and other people replying to you original message it must be very easy to do so.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

We do this on every trip!! It is much more cost effective for us. Since, we drive 10-11 hours from Nashville we arrive in the mid to late afternoon. This is too late to go to a park so, we stay at a moderate hotel for this one night before our package at a deluxe kicks in. We also stay at the mod on our last night so we can get up and go the next morning bright and early.

I always bring a small duffel bag with night clothes and one outfit for each person in the family so that we only have to open that bag and our toiletry bag for our night in the mod. That helps us get up and out early on that first day. Just call bell services and ask for your luggage to be transfered to your new resort and then head on over to check in and pick up your park media and check in!!

Upvote 0

olcom

I was wondering the samething????

We are going in July 2005.I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian but just couldn't afford it..Every time I went I would say next time for sure....Finally this year for my 4oth birthday my husband said I could book the GF. My 10 year old daughter wants to go th Pop Century so booked 4 days at PC and 4 days at GF I REALLY CANNOT WAIT........... How did this work out for some of you???????? thanx :sohappy:

Upvote 0

moopdog

We are in the same boat... going to be doing it - haven't tried it yet. I think it will be real easy though. We are not wanting to spend the extra $$ on the weekend at Old Key West, so we're staying 3 nights at All Star Movies (& I think my kids will go CRAZY there with the movie stuff!!). We're getting the dining plan for the first 3 nights (since we can't get it with DVC). So we're going to eat like pigs at all our "major" places that are covered under the plan like Ohanas, Crystal Palace and Sci-Fi Diner. We'll only partially unpack for those first few days. Then on Sunday morning we'll pack up & check out before we hit the park. When we leave the park, we'll have our stuff waiting for us at OKW, then we can really unpack, really unwind and recover from the hectic first 3 days of eating!! We'll be there for 5 nights. I think the important thing is to end with the "better" resort!!

Good luck to all of you, and us!

Upvote 0

imamouse

We've done the transfer thing as well, and in addition to agreeing with others who have recommended ending up at the deluxe resort, and the excellent suggestion about packing a bag with one change for everyone in your party, I have another suggestion.
Here's how it worked for us plus a tip:
Last Nov we started our trip at Pop Century, then transfered to the Poly. I called bell services and made arrangements for our bags to be transfered (called the night before, so we'd be near the top of the list for pick-up), then we took the bus to MK, and the monorail to the Poly. We arrived in time for breakfast at Kona (Tonga Toast, anyone? Yes, please!), then went to check-in. There was a bit of a line, so by the time we reached our room, I called bell services and our bags were there in 5 minutes! It was only 9:00 AM at this point, so we hardly missed anytime in the parks.
Now for the tip:
When we repacked in preparation for our move, I designated one duffle bag as the dirty laundry suitcase (I had even brought a laundry bag from home). That way, we had one less bag to unpack when we arrived at the Poly.
Good luck with your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom