1900 Park Fare vs The Crystal Palace

Hunter H

Original Poster
Hi, we are going to Disney in June and wondering which restaurant to choose between. We have two children that love all the characters so the food will be more important that which character is at the restaurant. Which would you choose based on the food?

Thanks

CaptainAmerica

The food is about the same so I'd make the decision based on location. Crystal Palace is much easier to get to and from, especially if you're relying on Disney transportation and staying somewhere other than a monorail resort.

PrincessRachelT

If we are talking breakfast, I'm pretty sure they have all the same stuff, Mickey waffles, bacon and eggs, French toast, fruit. Normal breakfast stuff. As far as dinner goes, I've only eaten at Park Fare for dinner (as opposed to having eaten at both for breakfast) and the food was okay. The character interaction was what made it memorable, we ended up talking to Drizella for a while about possible baby names and how she would raise her children, it was really funny!

slappy magoo

We like Crystal Palace for both breakfast & dinner. Not as big a fan of Park Fare for dinner. But last trip, we wound up having a very late breakfast at Park Fare, amongst their last reservations for the day. First of all, they didn't act like they were winding down when it came to food, it was all still fresh, they were still doing made to order eggs/omelets. Second of all, as more people left, our kids got TONS of time with the characters. The CMs playins Alice & Mad Hatter wound up hanging out a good 10 minutes, treating our girls like contest winners. Because CP goes from breakfast to lunch to dinner, I suppose that sort of interaction is only possible (if at all) late at night, and of course it's all non-verbal because of it being Pooh/Tigger/Eeyore/Piglet. So next trip, we're planning another late breakfast at Park Fare, hoping lightning strikes twice. We also have an early morning breakfast reservation one morning at CP, before park opening. But I suspect Park Fare will be the one they remember more.

dreamfinder

Based on food? They are pretty neck and neck. Each one usually has something that is their quasi-signature dish, IE CP has Pooh Stuffed French Toast at breakfast, while 1900 PF has strawberry soup. Both are delicious, but can only be found there. As some PPs mentioned, the real difference comes in transportation, location, and timing.

Tinkerkelle

I like CP more than PF for breakfast. The food was very similar but I much prefer the setting and look of CP and, in particular, getting the earliest seating and therefore entry into the park an hour before opening. The characters at PF were very good though, Mary Poppins, Alice and The Hatter along with Tigger and Pooh (who also meet at CP with Piglet and Eeyore.) When we did PF, we went to MK for rope drop and spent a few hours enjoying the quieter morning before heading round on the monorail for a late breakfast. Enjoy!

Kevin_W

It's been a few years since we ate at either, but our last meal at 1900PF was quite good. I like having the face characters at 1900PF a little bit better, as well.

CP is awfully convenient for location, but it can also be fun to leave the park and ride the monorail around to the GF. I'd call those a toss-up.

twag1

Having been to pretty much every level of Vegas buffet, I think I can say with certainty that food is probably the last on the breakfast buffet criteria check list in The World -at least for me, As noted, they're fairly standard and uniform in that regard. And they're both going to be packed, unless you have a timing deal like Magoo did.

As suggested, choose based on how the venue fits into the total experience you're looking for that day. If it's important for the kids to dine, shake a Pooh Bear's hand, and then dash right into the park to ride something, then CP.

On the other hand, kind of fun to relax and take the boat to the GF maybe - stroll around the grounds a little - look the place over inside. Not sure if you've been there before, but always nice to see new places, etc, and it is pretty "grand".

As is the case with most things you do on property, it's all about the total experience.

Either choice, you can't lose really.

Princess Kaylee

Hi, we are going to Disney in June and wondering which restaurant to choose between. We have two children that love all the characters so the food will be more important that which character is at the restaurant. Which would you choose based on the food?

Thanks

I love them both but we favor Crystal Palace. The location is wonderful and who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh and friends? Breakfast and lunch are cheaper than dinner!

Dawg4Mickey

So for me I am torn, mostly because I absolutely love the Strawberry Soup at 1900 Park Fare. However being able to get a reservation at CP before Park Open is by far better in my opinion. Being able to be on Main Street USA with very few people and get picture before having a delicious Breakfast with Pooh and Friends is almost two good to pass up. Which is probably why I do both, but if I had to choose I would take CP for the reasons I stated above. Either way I think you will enjoy it.

JIMINYCR

Thank you for the replies. We may end up going to both haha
We did both on our last trip. I enjoyed the Park Fare characters being able to interact and talking to all the guests. The Park Fare edged out CP in food quality this time and the seating area isnt as spread out and with less height to the ceiling its not as loud as CP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom