1900 park fare or Crystal Palace for dinner?

JChoma

Original Poster
We'll be at the Magic Kingdom Tuesday, 11/28. MVMCP is happening that night, but we are not going, so we'll need to leave the park by 7 (and might leave earlier if crowds start to get bad). I'm debating making one of these dinner reservations:

1. Crystal Palace
2. 1900 park fare
3. Boma or Sanaa (will be dark at dinner that time of year so not sure AKL makes sense if we can't also see the animals)

Kids are 6 (girl) and 10 (boy) and I don't think either kid would be super excited about Pooh & characters, but my daughter would love to see Cinderella. Is the food better at one of these locations? I've seen mixed reviews and am having a hard time deciding.

Other option: Do Ohana Tuesday night and go to Boma or Sanaa on Sunday, when we could get there earlier and also see the animals.

Help me choose :) I haven't been to any of these restaurants. I'll add that my kids are not picky eaters at all. We will also have our own car.

CaptainAmerica

Thinking outside the box... Since that day is shortened by MVMCP anyways, what if you tried for a pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace? Significantly cheaper. Then early dinner at Ohana or Boma to beat the MVMCP people showing up at 4:00. Buffet breakfast and buffet dinner means you don't need much lunch.

BAChicagoGal

I have not eaten at Crystal Palace recently, however, but my last experience at Park Fare was really great. The food was really good. We loved the Step Family. The 2 stepsisters are so funny, and the stepmother spent a lot of time with us. We were celebrating, a birthday, and got a lot of attention. If you choose this restaurant, take lots of pictures. I am sure children your age will love this experience. The strawberry soup was delicious.

JS514

Just me personally, I feel like Crystal Palace and 1900 are essentially the same in food choice/quality. Both good (not phenomenal). The experience is what makes it. My wife and I prefer Pooh characters and being in MK as opposed to Cinderella and being at GF....so if your family isn't interested in Pooh and would like to see Cinderella, as well as the concern of high crowds in MK, I would go with 1900. I've never been to the other you suggested, so I cant really compare those for you.

JChoma

Original Poster
Thinking outside the box... Since that day is shortened by MVMCP anyways, what if you tried for a pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace? Significantly cheaper. Then early dinner at Ohana or Boma to beat the MVMCP people showing up at 4:00. Buffet breakfast and buffet dinner means you don't need much lunch.
Interesting idea! The night prior, we're seeing Illuminations so it'll be a late night for the kiddos. Not sure I can get us all to the park pre-rope drop but maybe!

Jess G

I second this idea!

Also - AKL is absolutely beautiful and worth a visit. You can often still see some animals when it's dark out . I don't know what time but they do provide night vision goggles at some point every night.

wwmmd

My family loves 1900 Park Fare dinner and have gone several times. The food is good and the character interaction makes it such an enjoyable dinner. Plus since the Christmas decorations will be up you'll get to see the giant gingerbread house in the lobby of the GF!

larandtra

Logisitcally and what makes sense to me is 1900 if its a choice between that and CP. While I love Pooh, the food at 1900 is much better and more varied. Take logistics out and its easy. Boma is hands down the best buffet on property. The quality and selection have no comparison.

Rlandrigan

1900 Is a much better dinner - great characters, and the Grand Floridian is fun to check out as well. Crystal Palace is great for a before opening breakfast, but...is lacking for dinner. (And yes, Boma rules for best buffet, but kinda a bear to get to)

larandtra

Agreed. Is a bear to get to but the people who know to do it and take the time out, are certainly rewarded. I normally do it on an AK day now that the park is open later. Used to do it right after the 7pm close, now Ill go over around 530, eat, and go back to AK for ROL. Tiffins may change that once I eat there but Tiffins isnt an every trip eat as far as I can tell just at first glance. Boma is an easy must do every trip.

bethymouse

The interaction with the characters at 1900 Park Fare is one of the best on property ( IMHO). The food is good ( We like the shrimp and clam chowder... and yes the strawberry soup... and oh my those little delicious desserts!). As many have mentioned, it's a nice way to get a good look of the Grand Floridian.:) Breakfast there has the Mad Hatter and Alice ( that's pretty cool).

Princess Kaylee

1900 Park Fare is great, but Crystal Palace is better. We like Crystal Palace because the characters spend time at each table, the food is great, and the convenience of the location. Either way you won't be dissapointed.

JIMINYCR

We do like both, but seeing as your kids aren't excited with the Pooh characters.... go to 1900. The food quality has for the most part been a bit better there also than at CP. We have found the interaction with the face characters at 1900 is better too because the characters will speak to you directly, interact with you more at the table and play off your comments. I think your kids and you will have a better experience interacting directly with them.

JChoma

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the input. I think we're going to do 1900. It'll give us a chance to see GF at Christmastime and the characters sound great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom