1900 Park Fare Dinner vs Akershus

materbuddy

Original Poster
My twin daughters love the princess dinner at Akershus. The food and the character interaction are great. We wanted to try 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner, but I have a few questions. Which dinner is better for food and which is better for character interaction?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My twin daughters love the princess dinner at Akershus. The food and the character interaction are great. We wanted to try 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner, but I have a few questions. Which dinner is better for food and which is better for character interaction?

Food is good either way, there may be a better variety for kids at Park Fare!

And for Character interaction it's def Park Fare, the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine are brilliant! Best spot for character interaction!

We do both every trip but if you have done Akershus then def check out Park Fare :wave:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Almost every trip we do both. Breakfast at Akershus and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. The character interaction at Park Fare is just about the best on site. Our DD fell so in love with the character there, that...well, pictures speak 1000 words:

picture.php

picture.php

Suffice to say. Well worth it every time. We do Akershus more to make sure that we get a big, hearty breakfast before a long day of Epcot touring (and coincidentally get to meet princesses).

coachwnh

love park fare (only like Norway) the characters are much more entertaining at park fare in my opinion. the step sisters and step mom are so in character. if you have a son, you'll see what i mean! overall, you cant go wrong at either

erinshaneb

I wasn't impressed with Akerhuas last year...It was okay, Ariel was a riot flirting with my son, but other than that...the princesses were ho-hum and the food was very hard to eat...we had a rough time finding things for most of us to eat..the parade for the kids was cool, but pretty disorganized...we might have to check out 1900 FAIRE...the castle this past year was also disappointing...we made our trip reservations late this past year so most of the dining was booked..by the time our reservation came around the princesses had already been announced into the room and were walking around "killing" time...pretty anti-climatic...but it's easy to say we are NOT going back to Akerhaus again

heartodisney

Park Fare for Strawberry soup??

You gotta pour it over ice cream :wave:

When is your next trip??

NOT soon enough! I have a wonderful friend that lives very close to the Kingdom that keeps me informed on things I do not recieve thru the forums or other news sites.. Looks like we are going to try the second week of January 2014...unless we win a lottery...:rolleyes:..keep us informed on your trip!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
NOT soon enough! I have a wonderful friend that lives very close to the Kingdom that keeps me informed on things I do not recieve thru the forums or other news sites.. Looks like we are going to try the second week of January 2014...unless we win a lottery...:rolleyes:..keep us informed on your trip!

Roll on :sohappy:

ThinkTink721

We have been to both & have really liked both...here are my opinions of each:

1900 Park Fare dinner
-Nice atmosphere & decor
-Good food
-A little crowded sometimes
-Stepmother & stepsisters are great
-Always nice to see Cinderella

Princess Storybook dinner
-Nice atmosphere (feels like you are in a castle)
-Good food
-Complimentary photo package
-Princesses are always fun to meet (every time we have been there, we have seen Cinderella)

It's a hard decision!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
:wave: Thank you kind sir!

Since there "kinda" seems to be a little more lean to 1900 FP...hope there might be more pics of this ADR...any takers? We are thinking of using this as our last ADR before we leave on our next visit!

I could post about a thousand more pictures of DD with the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine and a few of her with Cinderella and the Prince, but.... I think the two I put up sum it up.

Great interaction with the characters. The Prince always makes sure to get a pose in with DW, and I often get a good shot of myself with Lady Tremaine. Food is (IMHO) slightly better than most of the Disney buffets.

Enjoy!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
We love both of thesse places. We have done Akershus for both Breakfast and Dinner. We did Breakfast one trip, and dinner the next (definitely doing dinner again this time!!) and had great interaction with the characters as well as great food at both meals! We had a breakfast reservation for our past trip at 1900 park fare and after the breakfast meal, we descided to call and get a dinner ADR as well for later in the stay! We loved them both and are doing the dinner next trip!! (We had a great time at both, but we are going to see pooh at Crystal Palace, so decided on doing dinner for the different characters!) They are both great and I would not want to make a decision on one or the other! truthfully I would just make sure to save a little extra and go to both!!!

heartodisney

I could post about a thousand more pictures of DD with the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine and a few of her with Cinderella and the Prince, but.... I think the two I put up sum it up.

Great interaction with the characters. The Prince always makes sure to get a pose in with DW, and I often get a good shot of myself with Lady Tremaine. Food is (IMHO) slightly better than most of the Disney buffets.

Enjoy!

Thanks! My wife and I did manage to meet the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine at a MK Christmas party...but alas..silly me did not take pics..not very smart. So, this will be a MUST next time! :lol:

Korfar

I vte for Akershus. We had both on our last trip and Akershus was far and away better than 1900. The characters stayed at our tables longer and interacted with us more at Akershus. I felt the food was a lot better there than 1900. I don't think we will go to 1900 again but I would go back to Akershus in a hearbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom