Pre-Trip 16th anniversary PTR, First time cruise here we come!

True story: about 25 years ago an introverted Worcester yankee finds himself in a small Georgia elementary school 5th grade class sitting behind a girl who he never speaks to. Fast forward 5 years and that shy kid is now dating said girl he sat behind and never talked to in the fifth grade. Fast forward 4 more years and they are married. In a blink of an eye, and about 16 years later, we are here planning our anniversary trip in September. This will mark our 3rd anniversary trip to WDW in as many years. While we love our family trips with the DD, there is just something awesome about a couple’s trip. We’re on our 2nd year of being AP holders and also hold a TiW card so we’re ready to rock The World before we take our first ever cruise on The Dream.

The dynamic duo includes my DW (Laura) and myself (Sean):

Then:
1238226_892486353542_894466209_n.jpg

4 years later:
198982_1679725471016_2380333_n.jpg

Now:
23552908-e8e9-45f9-b2e1-9866ab3c6b03.jpg

The plan:

September 13th BLT Check in, ADR @ Citricos

September 14th BLT Check out, BCV check in, ADR @ Yachtsman

September 15th ADR @ Biergarten

September 16th ADR TBD

September 17th ADR @ Paradiso 37 for lunch, Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner

September 18th BCV check out, head to the port to board the Dream (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah), No plans yet.

September 19th Nassau, no plans yet

September 20th Castaway Cay, no plans yet

September 21st Dock and head home

We can start making our Dream reservation a week from Saturday so we should be able to make some updates then.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Sounds like a wonderful plan for the 16th anniversary. How did you make out with the FP+ hoarding? Will be watching for the trip report.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
How did you make out with the FP+ hoarding?
Splendidly! All early times like we like:
Sat:
Space Mountain
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Sun:
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Mon:
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
DINOSAUR
Tue:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Wed:
Soarin'
Mission: SPACE
Maelstrom

Additionally, we're kinda split between doing one of two tours: Keys To The Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek. Leaning more towards WAT but open to opinions.

Maggie Mae

so exciting! congrats on your anniversary! Have fun, we go on our first cruise next april so I know the excitement of that even if its still over 270 days away:rolleyes:!

Where did y'all find the drink around the world shirt? those are great!

ddbowdoin

so exciting! congrats on your anniversary! Have fun, we go on our first cruise next april so I know the excitement of that even if its still over 270 days away:rolleyes:!

Where did y'all find the drink around the world shirt? those are great!

@ddbowdoin created them for any interested forum members about 2 years ago. We get stopped at least twice every time we are in EC by visitors to ask where they can get one.

Indeed... people were asking me left and right where to buy them.

ddbowdoin

True story: about 25 years ago an introverted Worcester yankee finds himself in a small Georgia elementary school 5th grade class sitting behind a girl who he never speaks to. Fast forward 5 years and that shy kid is now dating said girl he sat behind and never talked to in the fifth grade. Fast forward 4 more years and they are married. In a blink of an eye, and about 16 years later, we are here planning our anniversary trip in September. This will mark our 3rd anniversary trip to WDW in as many years. While we love our family trips with the DD, there is just something awesome about a couple’s trip. We’re on our 2nd year of being AP holders and also hold a TiW card so we’re ready to rock The World before we take our first ever cruise on The Dream.

The dynamic duo includes my DW (Laura) and myself (Sean):

Then:
1238226_892486353542_894466209_n.jpg

4 years later:
198982_1679725471016_2380333_n.jpg

Now:
23552908-e8e9-45f9-b2e1-9866ab3c6b03.jpg

The plan:

September 13th BLT Check in, ADR @ Citricos

September 14th BLT Check out, BCV check in, ADR @ Yachsman

September 15th ADR @ Biergarten

September 16th ADR TBD

September 17th ADR @ Paradiso 37 for lunch, Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner

September 18th BCV check out, head to the port to board the Dream (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah), No plans yet.

September 19th Nassau, no plans yet

September 20th Castaway Cay, no plans yet

September 21st Dock and head home

We can start making our Dream reservation a week from Saturday so we should be able to make some updates then.

awesome! I didn't have a chance to see them in action!

PartOfYourWorld

Happy early anniversary!!! Looks like you guys will have a ton of fun! Plus 3 days on the dream!!!!

I've never eaten at any of the places you have ADRs at! I'll be interested to see how they are!!!!

And like everyone else love the shirts!!!!

awesome! I didn't have a chance to see them in action!

I didn't know you created those shirts! That's awesome!!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Happy early anniversary!!! Looks like you guys will have a ton of fun! Plus 3 days on the dream!!!!
Thanks!

Some change ups to our food:
Saturday
Citricos Dinner

Sunday
Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner

Monday
Paradiso 37 Lunch
Restaurant Marrakesh Dinner

Tuesday
Beaches & Cream Lunch for afternoon ice cream

Wednesday
Biergarten Dinner

Still mulling one more dinner ADR and which tour to take.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Additionally, we're kinda split between doing one of two tours: Keys To The Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek. Leaning more towards WAT but open to opinions.
Well we decided and booked WAT for 11:45 on Tuesday. They are currently running a special for $50 per tour so we jumped at that.

FlaggNL

Great that you have your magic bands! Since we stay off-site we will buy magic bands as soon as we arrive in WDW :)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Got some more mail today, the electronic kind:
Untitled-3.jpg

Since we arrive on Saturday around lunch we thought "Why not?". Got us a nice 1:30ish FP+ and picked out our soups and sammy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom