Trip Report 10 x 2 wishing for an extra magical celebration! Completed!

I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

69724164-F87A-4C2A-BB17-CCC2831BFB94.jpeg

558BFA81-8BB8-4DFB-85CB-EF3422211DD0.jpeg
F8E51162-E915-4BEE-8D47-5EB5438A08AA.jpeg

AE8BA255-E84D-4882-A96F-B66D409763C4.jpeg

CAD9D533-E09E-464C-8D8F-1E6DC0464AC4.jpeg
A9AF3297-F9EE-4703-984F-4356FEB6F18D.jpeg
D1214AAA-C770-4E25-82D2-B5288B676B14.jpeg
E7FF49CC-7BBA-4863-8CD6-518B78C6B096.jpeg
CAABACC0-9EC7-48EA-823B-5130FBAAB961.jpeg

7AC40A97-AC5B-42F8-B513-1A82B6431946.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We found Hubby and Nene back at the room and decided to head up to the sail away party. There was actually no line for the aqua mouse so we took our first spin on this cute water coaster. We loved the Disney shorts it played and changed each day but that water was cold! We had ice cream and really enjoyed the party!
IMG_0620.jpeg
IMG_0234.jpeg
IMG_0236.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg
IMG_0238.jpeg
IMG_0241.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 42

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We selected the early dining so it was time for us to head to our first rotational dining. Arendelle.
IMG_0246.jpeg

Nene had fun pretending to be Anna with the different paintings .
IMG_0248.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0250.jpeg

The restaurant is beautiful unfortunately it's set up so only half the tables can actually watch the show. We were all the way by the window so couldn't see the show or interact with the characters. The food was not our cup of tea either.
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 47

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
The next morning was our Nassau day. We didn't book any excursions as the girls wanted to have a relaxing day. This trip was so different for me. Jet and I have a similar trip style we go hard from early morning to night and have so much FOMO we run ourselves ragged. Bear and Nene do things different. They want to relax and eat/drink good things shop and be pampered. I had to pull myself back so many times on this trip to make sure we were doing things at their pace. Their request for today was nails and fancy coffee drinks. So I had to deliver. Nene was up early. We ordered coffee and pastries from room service the night before so it was nice to sit on the Verandah and watch Nassau come in our sights.
70143811353__31FF3E5E-E1E8-4087-A57B-51FDE077A08C.jpeg
IMG_0274.jpeg

Once Hubby and Bear woke up we made our way to the buffet for some protein and Mickey waffles.
IMG_0276.jpeg

After breakfast we told Hubby goodbye. He was going to check out the gym while we visited Tangled.
IMG_0277.jpeg
IMG_0281.jpeg
IMG_0279.jpeg
IMG_0283.jpeg

The girls loved their pampering. It's expensive so I wouldn't do this often but it was a special time for my girls and I.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 65

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
The girls decided they wanted to venture off the ship for some shopping. It was so easy to come and go from the ship. I had expected it to be more difficult but we just showed our passports and off we went.
IMG_0631.jpeg

We perused the shops. Hubby bought a pair of tennis shoes he had been wanting for a long time and was able to save money since there were duty free. The girls bought some Nassau hoodies that they love and wear regularly. We walked near the market area and Nene said she wanted a pink pineapple. We couldn't find a pink pineapple but we did find these ladies wrapping hair.
IMG_0633.jpeg

Well hair wasn't all they were doing. They were very drunk and got into a fist fight with another woman while still doing my girls hair! We paid the $3/inch which ended up being $189 and we went right back to the Wish!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was only lunchtime so we had lunch at the buffet and then decided to hit up the aqua mouse again.
IMG_0634.jpeg

We decided to rest back at the room and get ready for dinner. It was pirate night so we wanted extra time to get ready.
IMG_0290.jpeg

Tonight's dinner was at 1923 and we were all excited for this one. We were seated on the Roy side of the restaurant at a great table with a view of the ocean.
IMG_0635.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
After dinner we strolled around the ship, shopping, drinking " fancy drinks", watched the little mermaid and the pirate show. We honestly just enjoyed being there and it was magical! I was starting to like the twins style.
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0315.jpeg
IMG_0317.jpeg

We did one of the drawing classes and I think my Minnie was pretty good!
IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0270.jpeg

We went back to the room and ordered room service and watched Disney shorts while snuggling in that Disney cruise bed.
IMG_0319.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0626.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 31

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Ugh that sounds horrible for her and for you! So sorry she went through this 😢

I wish it was the first time. She has now had two abscesses due to her terrible teeth! She has such good dental hygiene too! Our dentist told us she has the worst tooth quality he has ever seen. Fortunately she is a very good patient so at least it hasn't made her afraid of the dentist. Thank you for the sympathy.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I hate that you guys had a rough start to your cruise, but I’m glad you were able to get Bear situated with the right pain medication!
I felt awful since the Bear had been looking forward to this cruise for years! The moment the Wish announcement came out she said " I want to go on that Cinderella ship". Luckily it was just one bad day and then we enjoyed ourselves. So much so we booked a cruise on the Fantasy next summer!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Nene and I were up early again and enjoyed our room service coffee and bagels on the verandah. We loved every minute of watching Castaway Cay coming into view.
IMG_0320.jpeg

Nene was still loving her nails from the day before and she took a picture to prove it.
IMG_0321.jpeg

Hubby and Claire were also up and at it so we went downstairs to line up to depart the ship. We were actually the first family off once we were given the clear to leave. We knew we wanted to do the 5K before it got too hot. We found some chairs to put down our stuff and had the beach to ourselves for a minute.
IMG_0323.jpeg
IMG_0325.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was a beautiful morning. 75 and sunny however there was ALOT of humidity. Here we are at the start of the 5K.
IMG_0330.jpeg

About .5 miles into the 5K Nene threw in the towel on running. She does not like running to start with let alone humid running. Hubby and Bear ran ahead while I stayed back with Nene.
07281DD0-3118-45B1-8AE2-50465A24765E.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg
There is Nene walking😃
IMG_0643.jpeg

Walk or run we all made it to the finish line and we were ready to start our day of fun!!
IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0648.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
I don't have any pictures however after a couple hours lounging we had lunch at the BBQ on the beach. It was ok, nothing special but not terrible either. Then we did some snorkeling which was so so fun!! I loved seeing all the sunken Disney Treasures. Around 3:00pm we decided to make the 5-10 minute walk back to the ship.
IMG_0357.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0365.jpeg
IMG_0364.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg

We now understand the love for Castaway Cay. It was an absolutely amazing way to spend a day. We can't wait to do it again.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
After dinner we rushed up to the top deck hoping to catch the sunset. We missed it but did a photo shoot just the same.
IMG_0408.jpeg
IMG_0413.jpeg

Oh and Nene had one more ice cream cone. She had 13 over the course of 3 days. I don't know how she didn't have a stomach ache!
IMG_0650.jpeg

Next up was Aladdin which was seriously so good. Even hubby cracked a few laughs.
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0415.jpeg

After Aladdin we walked all our favorite parts of the ship and sat on deck watching funnel vision for a bit. When we knew we were putting off the inevitable we went to our room and got ready for bed. We all decided to have one last Mickey bar before we went to bed.
IMG_0656.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom