1 Extra Ticket...2 People (Need your help Guys)

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Ok, so here is my situation. LSU plays Georgia in Atlanta next weekend for the SEC championship. My girlfriend of 5 years, my roommate and buddy for all my life, and I put in our numbers in a lottery to win tickets to the game. I recieved an email today saying I won the lottery and got 2 tickets to the game, but my roommate and girlfriend did not get tickets. Me and my roommate made a pact that if one of us did not win the tickets and the other did, we would give that extra ticket to us since we both bleed purple and gold heavily.

Now, I'm faced with a dilemma because she is ed off at me that I chose him to go to the game with and she is left w/o a ticket. My idea on the situation is that me and him LOVE college football more than she does (plus she is a girl), and we would go to a home game if she couldn't make it while she would probably stay home if I never went. Plus, you guys have NO IDEA how aggravated she is with me because she is taking it personal that I chose him over her. She is also saying things like, "If I didn't like football, I would never go to them." I think she goes just because it is a blast to hang out, drink, and BBQ and the football comes as a little extra fun. We go for football first, and the drinking and ________ is extra to us. The tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable..but I am thinking of just going to the office and saying TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME because either decision..someone will be ed off at me.
reddisgust.gif

what should I DO!!
confused.gif
confused.gif

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Tell her to get over it. You promised him and anyone asking you to choose them over your friends is not long term material. It sounds harsh, i know, but something like this suggest a jealous streak that will only get worse.

If she gets over it, it's one thing, but if she holds a grudge - it's time to move on.

You promised him first, remind her of that. Not bringing him would make you a liar - do not ever lie to make someone else happy, it leads down a long dark yuckey road that's not worth it.

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
If she gets over it, it's one thing, but if she holds a grudge - it's time to move on.

Funny thing is that she already told me to have fun in Georgia, but she will remember this sometime in the future. I kinda got aggravated at that because it was a grudge-like thing, and she told me something will come up and I will feel just as bad as she does now.

BTW it's a 5.5 year relationship..I think it is safe to say it is already LONGTERM lol

Wilt Dasney

Go with your buddy, and make sure she knows how much you miss her while you're there. Bring her something from the game to show you were thinking of her. She might be mad now, but she'll probably get over it. If she can't accept you going away for a weekend with your friend, then you might need to re-examine the relationship. That's just how it looks to me.

Have fun in Atlanta (and GO DAWGS!) :animwink:

tigsmom

Wilt Dasney said:
Go with your buddy, and make sure she knows how much you miss her while you're there. Bring her something from the game to show you were thinking of her. She might be mad now, but she'll probably get over it. If she can't accept you going away for a weekend with your friend, then you might need to re-examine the relationship. That's just how it looks to me.

Have fun in Atlanta (and GO DAWGS!) :animwink:

BJ, you are so practical! :lol:

I also say go with your friend and enjoy yourself, she will live to see another day. NEXT time... make sure everyone knows the rules upfront.

And I'd be PO'd if you chose your friend over me too...

Wilt Dasney

tigsmom said:
BJ, you are so practical! :lol:
Well, if she's really mad, a nifty Tiger antenna topper still might not help. :lol:

This reminds me of those stories of people who win the lottery and are more miserable afterward than they ever were before.

Yellow Shoes

Take your roommate.

Words of wisdom from Wilt Dasney:
If she can't accept you going away for a weekend with your friend, then you might need to re-examine the relationship.

From mousemerf:
Tell her to get over it. You promised him and anyone asking you to choose them over your friends is not long term material. It sounds harsh, i know, but something like this suggest a jealous streak that will only get worse.

You promised him first, remind her of that. Not bringing him would make you a liar - do not ever lie to make someone else happy, it leads down a long dark yuckey road that's not worth it.

Somehow I think these two may have first-hand experience with this kind of situation.

Jealousy is a nasty thing. I would expect that you will have to tolerate some (or even too much) good natured fake pouting and joshing about this. But if she is really psycho over a football game (that she no doubt can watch on TV--at a sports bar if she needs the crowd jostling her and spilled beer), you might want to file this information away.

My son just broke up a 2.5 year relationship (this is a LONG time for high school) over her jealous streak.

Go to the game. Enjoy yourself.

Remember the absolute BEST line from "Lion King":

Life's not fair....

Tramp

Go with your buddy and reevaluate your relationship with your girlfriend. She needs to see this not as a choice between her and your buddy but, rather, as either honoring or welching on a gentlemen's agreement.

Besides, you and I both know you'll have a better time with the guys and, in life, that's the way some things should be. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I got to agree with most of the advice so far. This is a big red flag on the relationship with the girlfriend. If she tries to take this much liberty when she is just a girlfriend how much do you think she is going to try and take if she bears the title of wife. Excessive jealousy sucks and should not be tolerated in a relationship.

wdwishes2005

LSUxStitch said:
Ok, so here is my situation. LSU plays Georgia in Atlanta next weekend for the SEC championship. My girlfriend of 5 years, my roommate and buddy for all my life, and I put in our numbers in a lottery to win tickets to the game. I recieved an email today saying I won the lottery and got 2 tickets to the game, but my roommate and girlfriend did not get tickets. Me and my roommate made a pact that if one of us did not win the tickets and the other did, we would give that extra ticket to us since we both bleed purple and gold heavily.

Now, I'm faced with a dilemma because she is ed off at me that I chose him to go to the game with and she is left w/o a ticket. My idea on the situation is that me and him LOVE college football more than she does (plus she is a girl), and we would go to a home game if she couldn't make it while she would probably stay home if I never went. Plus, you guys have NO IDEA how aggravated she is with me because she is taking it personal that I chose him over her. She is also saying things like, "If I didn't like football, I would never go to them." I think she goes just because it is a blast to hang out, drink, and BBQ and the football comes as a little extra fun. We go for football first, and the drinking and ________ is extra to us. The tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable..but I am thinking of just going to the office and saying TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME because either decision..someone will be ed off at me.
reddisgust.gif

what should I DO!!
confused.gif
confused.gif

you and your buddy made a pact, if your GF does not like it, too bad. Maybe you should give him both and he take someone else.

Wilt Dasney

Whatever you do, don't be negative toward your lady over this. It could just be that she wants to feel included in whatever plans you make. Make sure to tell her you had NO IDEA she liked football this much, and that you'll be sure to talk with her before you make any plans like this in the future. Sometimes, just making someone feel like they're a factor in your thinking and planning can make all the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom