“Something major” coming to DHS???

The Leader of the Club

My idea: Expand Toy Story land to include a Lincoln Log Flume attraction. Retheme RNRC to Electric Mayhem and retro Lightening McQueen to Muppets Vision 4D. Use Existing Muppet Space for a Star Wars expansion (speeder bike coaster). Convert Star Tours into some Marvel. Offer Universals a deal they have to accept to give up the Marvel rights. Something like Simpson, Planet of the Apes rights, etc. then convert Indy Show into Marvel Stunt Show. Add a Marvel E-ticket into the parking lot there. Finally, use the Animation Courtyard space for space for another land with e-ticket. Pixar Pier could be nice way to bring more family attractions to the park.
I don’t think Disney has anything as lucrative as Marvel. I believe they tried to get the theme park rights with Hulu, but they were thwarted there. I unfortunately think GOTG is the last we’ll see of the MCU at Disney for the time being (unless they decide to use more characters that aren’t included in that contract).

JMcMahonEsq

My idea: Expand Toy Story land to include a Lincoln Log Flume attraction. Retheme RNRC to Electric Mayhem and retro Lightening McQueen to Muppets Vision 4D. Use Existing Muppet Space for a Star Wars expansion (speeder bike coaster). Convert Star Tours into some Marvel. Offer Universals a deal they have to accept to give up the Marvel rights. Something like Simpson, Planet of the Apes rights, etc. then convert Indy Show into Marvel Stunt Show. Add a Marvel E-ticket into the parking lot there. Finally, use the Animation Courtyard space for space for another land with e-ticket. Pixar Pier could be nice way to bring more family attractions to the park.
What offer is Universal going to "have to accept to give up the Marvel rights?" The arguably most popular IP in the past what 10-12 years, not including the long-standing history of comics? Why in the name of Thor would Universal give that up?

J4546

What offer is Universal going to "have to accept to give up the Marvel rights?" The arguably most popular IP in the past what 10-12 years, not including the long-standing history of comics? Why in the name of Thor would Universal give that up?
well id argue that marvel not being owned by universal doesnt really make sense to have them in their parks...same with simpsons. Eventually they will wanna retheme those areas to something they own i would think.

Also cant disney use xmen or fantastic 4 characters? I feel like disney is gonna have a big Xmen boom with the cartoon and next movies coming out

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
This very large project for Hollywood Studios I'm pretty confident has been greenlit for a bit at this point based on what I've heard. It's going to happen sooner rather than later (likely ahead of MK now).

AK happens first and that project is even larger in scope, with its phase two likely arriving after HWS gets its new land.

Fox&Hound

This very large project for Hollywood Studios I'm pretty confident has been greenlit for a bit at this point based on what I've heard. It's going to happen sooner rather than later (likely ahead of MK now).

AK happens first and that project is even larger in scope, with its phase two likely arriving after HWS gets its new land.
Any info on when Disney will release this update? Any hints at theme? So intriguing why they would bump this ahead of MK. Really sad if all the villains talk comes to nothing…

DisneyDean97

Any info on when Disney will release this update? Any hints at theme? So intriguing why they would bump this ahead of MK. Really sad if all the villains talk comes to nothing…
There's a lot of money to go around, and Disney has been eyeing expanding MK's capacity for a while now, so I think the land beyond Big Thunder will still get developed within the next decade, I just think Disney realized their other parks still need help more than MK.

yensidtlaw1969

There's a lot of money to go around, and Disney has been eyeing expanding MK's capacity for a while now, so I think the land beyond Big Thunder will still get developed within the next decade, I just think Disney realized their other parks still need help more than MK.
I believe MK is more "by the end of this decade". They don't want to wait.

However, reclaimation will need to happen before anything can go vertical behind Big Thunder, which pushes its timeline further out. That's part of why they want other projects that can open in the meantime.

Far as I know AK is next in line for significant cash infusion. Wouldn't surprise me if DHS got something good between then and MK's Expansion, but I haven't personally heard much about the DHS idea. Which doesn't mean it's not happening, just that I wouldn't know what it is.

The Test Track redo is in there somewhere too (possibly soon-ish?) but that's minor relative to AK and MK's deals.

DisneyDean97

I believe MK is more "by the end of this decade". They don't want to wait.

However, reclaimation will need to happen before anything can go vertical behind Big Thunder, which pushes its timeline further out. That's part of why they want other projects that can open in the meantime.

Far as I know AK is next in line for significant cash infusion. Wouldn't surprise me if DHS got something good between then and MK's Expansion, but I haven't personally heard much about the DHS idea. Which doesn't mean it's not happening, just that I wouldn't know what it is.

The Test Track redo is in there somewhere too (possibly soon-ish?) but that's minor relative to AK and MK's deals.
Makes sense, so you're expecting the Dino land redo AND the other new attraction planned for AK to open before anything else they have planned for WDW ???

yensidtlaw1969

Makes sense, so you're expecting the Dino land redo AND the other new attraction planned for AK to open before anything else they have planned for WDW ???
At this moment I only know about the DinoLand redo for AK, not sure what the other mystery ride for AK might be or if it's even real. If I had to guess I would think DCA's Avatar E-Ticket might be a reasonable contender, since it's different from AK's Pandora rides, but I'm not sure they would want to spoil the exclusivity by building it twice. It should be a draw for DCA.

That said, I would say the DinoLand redo seems to be the next major project for WDW. It's been in the works for a while. If something "major" JUST got the greenlight at DHS I would think that would probably open after the DinoLand stuff. But that's sort of a guess since I don't even know if the DHS thing is real.

"Beyond Big Thunder" doesn't seem like it could open earlier than 2028, and possibly later. I've heard of some smaller presents they might drop into MK in the meantime, but the big stuff will take longer.

Smiley/OCD

1) The clue is in the name RocknRoller Coaster ... Taylor Swift is not rock and roll
2) If Disney hadn't sold the Queen library of songs would of been a good replacement
3) RNRC should be perhaps removed and link it with whatever they have in mind for Animation Courtyard.
True, but neither are half of the RnR HoF inductees 🤷‍♂️

Smiley/OCD

If they retheme RnRC with Taylor Swift as the artist, then I guess I've taken my last ride on that attraction. It's not just that I am not a fan of her or her music, it's the fact that we've had her shoved in our face constantly for a while now. Can't even watch a football game without having to hear about/see her. Why not go with a more generic theme that isn't based on one artist/band? No SwiftieCoaster for me, thanks.
You should live in NJ and NOT love Springsteen…

Smiley/OCD

Yes she is a concert draw....but again, I don't see people actually planning trips to WDW specifically to see a re-skin of Rock and RollerCoaster (which already has crazy long waits) with a snippet of Taylor Swift music... It would have to be something new and completely unique.....
Says the dentist in my wife’s office that flew her and her daughter to Argentina to see her perform this summer…

Smiley/OCD

I really think you underestimate how crazy many of these fans are. KC football ticket prices rose on the off chance a person would see her at the game. People track her friends weddings and stalk the facilities just to get a glimpse. Her concert merch trucks arrive days before the concerts and have people camp out for them (not to see her, just to buy her merch).

Heck national news stations aired multiple stories that she might or might endorse a presidential candidate...

From a subjective standpoint, I know many people that this would tip the needle of going to WDW.
Yes, she literally shut down Long Beach Island in NJ for two days because she went to her record producer’s rehearsal dinner and wedding…police were called in from several other towns for crowd control because news leaked on social media that she was there…

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
That’s not true…POP music? Absolutely correct…but there’s still great rock music out there…you just have to REALLY look for it.
Pop and rock aren’t mutually exclusive. Her use of the guitar is a *slight* push in the rock direction. Her playing of and use of instruments, and backing band on many of her non-synth songs that utilize conventional lead/rhythm/bass guitar and drums also affects my view on this score.

It passes the smell test better than most “pop” musicians FWIW.

And then there’s this:

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
Could you imagine the Taylor Swift spirit jersey sales? They could make a dozen different styles and I bet 3 out of 10 guests would spend 900.00 to 1k to buy them all…
While this discussion is fun, it’s clear Disney needs Taylor Swift more than she needs them.

Heck, she is too big for the NFL as a Super Bowl act.

Smiley/OCD

Pop and rock aren’t mutually exclusive. Her use of the guitar is a *slight* push in the rock direction. Her playing of and use of instruments, and backing band on many of her non-synth songs that utilize conventional lead/rhythm/bass guitar and drums also affects my view on this score.

It passes the smell test better than most “pop” musicians FWIW.

And then there’s this:
I’m saying that there’s still great rock music out there…it’s not a dead genre…I don’t think she’s a “rock” star…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom