“Something major” coming to DHS???

MagicHappens1971

She is such a concert draw that @lentesta has, using data, put forth that it is quite plausible that The Eras Tour had a negative impact on visitation to Walt Disney World.

Showing up for a few seconds in the stands during a football game impacted viewership.

If anyone could get be slapped into the ride and get people to book a trip it’s Swift.
Coupled with randomized songs through her eras would drive ILL revenue. If there was exclusive merch? Prints money.

As a Swiftie, I personally don’t see her singing on for a project that isn’t purpose built with her input. Not a cheap reskin of a coaster

NotCalledBob

RnRC always has a pretty large queue already though. How would they manage any extra demand?

They could put it on ILL and VQ, but I'm not sure that's going to help DHS's capacity issues.

Brer Panther

I wonder if, at any point during the 2000s, Disney considered retheming Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Hannah Montana or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring the Jonas Brothers...

Fox&Hound

I initially thought this myself, but there's really nothing to stop them spreading the same IP out over multiple parks. As someone reminded me, Beauty and the Beast has a show in three out of the four theme parks. Little Mermaid will have a ride at MK and the return of the stage show at DHS. Nemo has an Epcot ride and an AK stage show. Frozen has the Epcot ride and a DHS sing along.

I have no clue what the IP they're going with for this alleged DHS attraction. But of all the parks Zootopia could be placed, DHS would probably make the most thematic sense. Plus it's still a current and actively used IP with a sequel coming next year, and there's the Shanghai ride they can clone. Probably pushes a lot of merch too. Again pure speculation on my part, but it makes a lot of sense. Not that Disney makes much sense anymore with their decisions...
But isnt the ride system too similar to Mickey and Rise?

MerlinTheGoat

But isnt the ride system too similar to Mickey and Rise?
As I said in another post, no one is hung up about much older ride systems being reused across different rides within the same park. Like the busbar based Fantasyland dark rides, boat rides or omnimover types. The trackless system isn't particularly unique or specialized, it can be used in a variety of ways.

PizzaPlanet

I just don’t think it’s a real proposal; rather than a long dead blue sky project that’s 15+ years old and rattling around the rumour mill out of hope.

I’d refer to Bob’s DL Forward list of franchises in consideration right now: Frozen, Encanto, Coco, Zootopia, Moana. Wakanda is out for Florida and Indy is in. I’d also reference the planned removal of a Monsters Inc presence in DCA.

Something not mentioned and perhaps because it does have an anemic representation in DCA is Inside Out. If the sequel hits, Epcot’s prospects for a small project this decade would rise.
I agree there’s definitely a pattern with the IPs they use, but every now and then they surprise us with an oddball pick. Like a Tron ride opening in 2023

DKampy

Us theme park nerds will know it's a basic reskin of RNRC... but Disney marketing has special magic powers to convince people.

Again, no fan of hers, but it's not hard to see there's a significant market there waiting to be tapped.

Maybe it won't make the impact of SWGE, but it'll certainly draw more folks than Aerosmith did.
Plus some people aren’t thinking big enough…imagine limited swiftee merch that can only be purchased in the gift shop at the end of the ride

celluloid

We talk all the time about how we want additions instead of replacements, yet we have page after page of people fan-casting a re-skin of a ride that has consistently long waits already.

There are a couple of reasons for that.

1. The replacements have not really been as good as the predecessor of the space to many.

2. People are setting even armchair imagineering at relastic expectations.

Brer Oswald

Why would you demo a valuable and viable asset?
To make room for a new land with 6 attractions. Not saying that’s what they are going to do, though that’s the call I would personally make.

Regardless, people are correct in saying they should add to the park before getting rid of the ride. Just pay the measly licensing fees for the current version until the time comes. Spending 100 million to Retheme (plus potential for additional licensing fees) is a major waste. It won’t boost attendance.

TeriofTerror

There are a couple of reasons for that.

1. The replacements have not really been as good as the predecessor of the space to many.

2. People are setting even armchair imagineering at relastic expectations.
But there's an entire thread already dedicated to this topic.

Parker41056

My idea: Expand Toy Story land to include a Lincoln Log Flume attraction. Retheme RNRC to Electric Mayhem and retro Lightening McQueen to Muppets Vision 4D. Use Existing Muppet Space for a Star Wars expansion (speeder bike coaster). Convert Star Tours into some Marvel. Offer Universals a deal they have to accept to give up the Marvel rights. Something like Simpson, Planet of the Apes rights, etc. then convert Indy Show into Marvel Stunt Show. Add a Marvel E-ticket into the parking lot there. Finally, use the Animation Courtyard space for space for another land with e-ticket. Pixar Pier could be nice way to bring more family attractions to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom