Tonight on CBS news

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi there all!!! I just heard that tonight at 11 pm on CBS News Ernie Anastos is going to be doing an "Eat at your own risk" segment on Disneyworld!! I am not sure exactly which places they are referring to ie:parks or resorts, fast food vs. sit down type of places. Has anyone heard anything about this? Thanks!! Belle

kev9035

EAYOR

I think there is still another tread on this. Both stations, WCBS (New York) and KYW (Philadelphia) are airing the report tonight. It will probably be "updated" locally with the same basic details.

kurros

Just today I was washing my hands during my break from working the dock at the Downtown Disney Marina, and saw someone in a chef costume come in, use the urinal, and leave. I don't think I'll say which restaurant this was, but the manager was notified and I hope this particular cast member is reprimanded.

Eat at your own risk, indeed.

imagineer99

Originally posted by kurros
Just today I was washing my hands during my break from working the dock at the Downtown Disney Marina, and saw someone in a chef costume come in, use the urinal, and leave. I don't think I'll say which restaurant this was, but the manager was notified and I hope this particular cast member is reprimanded.

Reminds me of certain Seinfeld episode...:D

TURKEY

Originally posted by kurros

At my previous work location, even if after washing hands in the restroom, we had to wash our hands again once we returned back to the kitchen area.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by tigsmom
Eat at your own risk is an ongoing series...they have been travelling all over doing these reports.

I just find it very interesting that KYW (a cbs affiliate) in Philadelphia aired the same thing the other day.

There's no possible way that could be a coincidence....

tigsmom

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
I just find it very interesting that KYW (a cbs affiliate) in Philadelphia aired the same thing the other day.

There's no possible way that could be a coincidence....

I wouldn't be suprised if they showed them throught the area...shoot it once & use local personalities to do the voice overs.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!! I have seen stuff like this all the time. I do live in NYC after all and you would be amazed at the dirt & stuff that goes on in some of the fast food places near the office! Im sure if I havent had a problem in Disney yet, I dont think I will. There is always the chance of a food being bad or disagreeing with someone but I dont think it is any more prevelant at Disney than anywhere else!!! Im sure poor CBS is just trying to make back some of the money they are going to have to pay in fines to the FCC for the Superbowl stunt with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep the comments coming in about the restaurants, they are very reassuring!! Belle

iluvstitch

So does the show just tell about bad conditions in the kitchens at WDW?

I've never seen the kitchens at WDW myself, but I took the galley tour on the DCL and their kitchens are so sparkling clean you wouldn't believe they actually cook in there. -Steph

brisem

CBS in NY just had Part I of their report. They stated that 77 out of 150 restuarants had violations. And 8 people had food poisoning in 2003. They accused Disney of a coverup w/a NJ woman. Claiming they paid her cash not to talk about.

Tomorrow night they talk to a woman who saw a rat in a restuarant.

Blizz

Eh, the whole story is nothing but a cheap ploy to get viewers. You can read more of my disgust in the "News and Rumors" forums. Eh, what a crappy segment!

kev9035

WCBS/KYW Report

This was definatley one of the worst "Special Reports" to air on local television. 8 Complaints is the big problem that this "Investigation" (Public Records) uncovered? That was the best they could do? (I wonder if that 8 includes the people they interviewed?) WCBS/KYW should indeed be embarrased by this story. And to think, someone at KYW must have known it was bad, they didn't even bother to have it re-voiced locally. Relying on CBS-2's Kirsten Cole for it all. From this report I doubt there is a serious health problem at Disney. After all, I have yet to be sick from the food there. A waste of airtime with no drastic backing.

kurros

Re: WCBS/KYW Report

Originally posted by kev9035
From this report I doubt there is a serious health problem at Disney. After all, I have yet to be sick from the food there. A waste of airtime with no drastic backing.

I have had food poisoning on property before, but I believe it is insignfigant statistically in comparison to the number of times I have eaten here over the years, or even if the cause is attributable to Disney or our food service partners--maybe I just didn't wash my own hands that well that particular day.

I agree, much ado about nothing.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
*says nothing*

eh.. screw it.. while WDW is a safe place to eat, I have personally gotten food poisoning from food at WDW before...

aim

The chance of getting food poisoning at WDW is just as much as getting it at your own home. (In my opinion) We've never gotten sick from the food. But if I did, I wouldn't get mad or anything, because it could happen ANYWHERE you eat at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom