Mission:SPACE testing update

orlpassholder

Original Poster
This just came in to the labs

Mission:SPACE will officially open to guests on August 15.

However, Mission:SPACE may open intermittently to guests before that date, but only when testing permits. This is most likely to occur in the late afternoon or evening. Mission:SPACE is a new attraction; therefore during test rides, there may be frequent interruptions or delays, resulting in long waits while adjustments are made. Because of the tentative nature of this testing period, and the fact that only a limited number of guests can be accommodated, only guests in the immediate area of Mission: SPACE will be involved.

As testing proceeds, a more precise operating schedule will be posted and we will keep you advised.

AndyMagic

Thanks a million for the news. When do you think testing will resume and what exactly does it mean when you say, "only guests in the area of Mission: SPACE will be involved."

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by AndyMagic
"only guests in the area of Mission: SPACE will be involved."

they won't be actively recruiting testers, say in.... world showcase

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
they won't be actively recruiting testers, say in.... world showcase

Correct they wont be "interviewing" guest to ride it will be like it has in the past they open the gates, and you walk in

AndyMagic

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Correct they wont be "interviewing" guest to ride it will be like it has in the past they open the gates, and you walk in
So basically, it will be like the guest testing that happened last week. So when do you think testing will resume?

orlpassholder

Original Poster
So basically, it will be like the guest testing that happened last week. So when do you think testing will resume?

Nothing that I have heard. I have asked though waiting on answers

orlpassholder

Original Poster
This just came in to the labs

Mission:SPACE will officially open to guests on August 15. However, Mission:SPACE may open intermittently to guests before that date, but only when testing permits. This is most likely to occur in the late afternoon or evening. Mission:SPACE is a new attraction; therefore during test rides, there may be frequent interruptions or delays, resulting in long waits while adjustments are made. Because of the tentative nature of this testing period, and the fact that only a limited number of guests can be accommodated, only guests in the immediate area of Mission: SPACE will be involved.

As testing proceeds, a more precise operating schedule will be posted and we will keep you advised.

Interesing part of this is they are saying Aug 15th so it looks like they wont be doing an Oct launch.

If thats true then we only have to wait a month in a half

JimiThing1

Re: Re: Mission:SPACE testing update

Interesing part of this is they are saying Aug 15th so it looks like they wont be doing an Oct launch.

If thats true then we only have to wait a month in a half

Well I am sure the big spectacle grand opening will still be in October for the press and what not...but Aug. 15th is the day it will begin daily operation.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The current previews are classed as "un-announced guest previews", running at reduced capacity, and liable to close, halt at any time. There is no guarantee the ride will be open at all during this time.

August 15 will mark the beginning of soft openings, with the ride running at full operational capacity. Howver, as it is still a soft opening, and in preview mode, it may close at any time. Again there is no guarantee the ride will be open at all times during this period.

Official opening in October is when you can expect MS to be open every day, running at full capacity.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
Im sorry but you all have the wrong idea of what a soft open is. A soft open is what is happening now.

right now huh.... I was just there, and no one rode it today. This is testing. During a soft opening, the attractions is entirely operational and the cast is trained... none of which are happening right now

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
Im sorry but you all have the wrong idea of what a soft open is. A soft open is what is happening now.

Er.... okay Chief, you believe that. I'll stick with the words of CMs who actually work there. I'm not sayin you're wrong, i just prefer to take the word of people with established credibility.

dxwwf3

Well I am trying to convice my Dad to change our vacation plans from July 14-22 to where our last day would be August 1st so we could go on passholder preview days. I'm starting to think that it wont be open during the 14-22 and "It might be open sometime during your visit" isn't good enough for me. If we are there on August 1st it seems like it increases the chance to 100%. So how do you think these AP previews will go? Thanks.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt
right now huh.... I was just there, and no one rode it today. This is testing. During a soft opening, the attractions is entirely operational and the cast is trained... none of which are happening right now
If we were to use other attractions as a way to gain the true definition of a soft opening, then soft openings are also unannounced. In which case, the August 15th date isn't a soft opening at all. My point is there is no point in arguing about this type of stuff as it is all semantics. All we know is that it will definately be open on August 15th and that some sort of grand opening celebration is taking place in October. We also know that the ride may continue guest testing if Disney so chooses. Be that as it may, based on every single previous ride in Disney history, last weeks guest "testing" certainly seemed like a soft opening to me, but what we or Disney call it doesn't really matter in the long run.

mkt

Premium Member
I don't want to argue anymore... I really don't. This debate has caused me more pain than was worth. I've learned quickly who fights dirty and who to avoid.

Andy and Kyle, you two win.... I give up.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by mkt
I don't want to argue anymore... I really don't. This debate has caused me more pain than was worth. I've learned quickly who fights dirty and who to avoid.

Good idea. It's not worth it for many, many reasons.:rolleyes: Some obvious, some not.

PhotoDave219

If we were to use other attractions as a way to gain the true definition of a soft opening, then soft openings are also unannounced. In which case, the August 15th date isn't a soft opening at all. My point is there is no point in arguing about this type of stuff as it is all semantics. All we know is that it will definately be open on August 15th and that some sort of grand opening celebration is taking place in October. We also know that the ride may continue guest testing if Disney so chooses. Be that as it may, based on every single previous ride in Disney history, last weeks guest "testing" certainly seemed like a soft opening to me, but what we or Disney call it doesn't really matter in the long run.

So is the definition of Is Is or is it is?

AndyMagic

Originally posted by mkt

mkt, if you read my post, it was in no way an argument for anything. All I said was that arguing as pointless as everyone has their own definition. It almost seems like no matter what I type, you think I am trying to start something when in fact, I was trying to stop the arguing by being objective. Alas, nothing seems to work. :lookaroun And PLEASE, stop pretending I am trying to "win" anything as what I was talking about had nothing to do with our original argument from the past anyway. :( Lastly, please stop lumping me in with someone I hardly know and have hardly ever spoken too. Thanks a million. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom