Bumps and Bounces

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Hey there,
You guys were pretty busy posting last night - I normally find three or four pages of new threads or updates when I log on each day - BUT today I find 12 pages !!!!!
On a slightly puzzling note - I found a great number of these threads contained a single word - "bump" or "bounce" - what is it with these phrases ???
Please explain

WDWSwashbuckler

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Hey there,
You guys were pretty busy posting last night - I normally find three or four pages of new threads or updates when I log on each day - BUT today I find 12 pages !!!!!
On a slightly puzzling note - I found a great number of these threads contained a single word - "bump" or "bounce" - what is it with these phrases ???
Please explain

A "bump" is when someone brings the thread to the top of the board again so it doesn't get lost at the bottom or on the next page where nobody can see it. So, it gets "bumped" back up to the top

WDWspider

I think we should explain a little bit for everyone. As it may happen again tonight (or for a while if the guy is crazy or smart enough), and there is a logic and explanation to the madness the past few days. Anyone want to take a stab at a quick explanation?

Tramp

Yes, but please note that routinely bumping your own threads is frowned upon and discouraged. The recent spate of bumping was done by concerned members of the forum for a very specific and legitimate reason. A CRETIN entered the forum last night and posted disgusting language to many of the threads. Not having the ability to suspend this person's account, the members decided to bump other threads in front of those containing the bad language pushing them to the second page where they would be less likely to be seen. Steve could then delete the posts when he got here in the morning.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Tramp
Yes, but please note that routinely bumping your own threads is frowned upon and discouraged. The recent spate of bumping was done by concerned members of the forum for a very specific and legitimate reason. A CRETIN entered the forum last night and posted disgusting language to many of the threads. Not having the ability to suspend this person's account, the members decided to bump other threads in front of those containing the bad language pushing them to the second page where they would be less likely to be seen. Steve could then delete the posts when he got here in the morning.

Well said Tramp...perfect explanation.

Tramp

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Well said Tramp...perfect explanation.

Thanks Freak...more importantly, special thanks to all the members who recognized the seriousness of the problem and responded immediately to minimize the impact of the 41 repugnant posts. You guys and gals are terrific!:sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Freak...more importantly, special thanks to all the members who recognized the seriousness of the problem and responded immediately to minimize the impact of the 41 repugnant posts. You guys and gals are terrific!:sohappy:

Indeed, good work guys! :)

WDWSwashbuckler

good job indeed, what kind of crazy person does this sort of thing??

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Thanks for the explanation - and the obvious reasons behind it. I noted one of the threads myself and "reported it" - lets hope this moron doesn't visit again - Disney is a family show :)

Erika

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, but wouldn't censoring prevent everyone from reading what was posted?

And who is it, a vengeful troll? :lol:

No- the titles were explicit and so were many of the posts.

And you're probably right :lol:

gjpjtj

I've noticed the "Bumps" for about a week now, and really kinda felt leftout not knowing what was going on. Thanks for explaining it!:)

And thanks for keeping the board clean.:sohappy:

DisneyPhD

OHHHHH, thank you. That explains the 10 pages of post this morning (normally there is around 3). Normally there isn't alot of "bumps" around here. WDW's are so chatty we have more to say then Bump!!!!!!

Thanks for all the good work.

Maria

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, but wouldn't censoring prevent everyone from reading what was posted?

And who is it, a vengeful troll? :lol:

No, censoring wouldn´t work because this moron doesn´t even know how to spell correctly a bad word! :rolleyes:

WDWspider

Originally posted by Maria
No, censoring wouldn´t work because this moron doesn´t even know how to spell correctly a bad word! :rolleyes:

Plus some of the words weren't "bad", just used in an inappropriate manner.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I ask this out of complete non-smartass...edness? (err :lookaroun)..Anyway, isn't that what wdwmagic moderator is supposed to be for? For when Steve isn't around? I was here last night when all that was going on, but I didn't even look to see if he/she was on at the time. Nor any mods.

Again, I'm just asking, and not blaming anyone. Idiots like those will always exist. :rolleyes:

Erika

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
I ask this out of complete non-smartass...edness? (err :lookaroun)..Anyway, isn't that what wdwmagic moderator is supposed to be for? For when Steve isn't around? I was here last night when all that was going on, but I didn't even look to see if he/she was on at the time. Nor any mods.

Again, I'm just asking, and not blaming anyone. Idiots like those will always exist. :rolleyes:

If someone with that power happens to be on at the time of the problem, that person can take care of it- otherwise- there is really nothing that can be done other than get the %@#$ off the front pages of the forums.

pheneix

>>>immediately to minimize the impact of the 41 repugnant posts<<<

That moron posted that nonsense 41 times last night? GEEZ!

I'm glad that someone said why the mad bumping was done (although I was reading to post some "disgusting words" on the forum myself after having to go through 12 pages of the mess), because I was wondering if Rob had gone utterly mad last night when I saw pages upon pages of "bumps." ;)

>>>Plus some of the words weren't "bad", just used in an inappropriate manner.<<<

Great, more seemingly innocent words added to the censored list because some idiot 6th grader has time to kill...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom