Mission: Space Info? Possible Spoilers

leaf44

Original Poster
Mission: Space Info?

Hi everyone,

I am new here, although I have been lurking for a little while. I actually just got back from Disney yesterday, finally got to go back after a fifteen year wait! Way too long! Anyway while my friend and I were leaving the Energy pavilion in Future World I wanted to take a picture of the Space pavilion so we headed over there. While I was trying to located some more film in my very full backpack I overheard a cast member who was with a group of people talking about Mission: Space. I know everyone is really excited about this ride so I sat on a nearby bench, trying to look busy, so I could listen to what he said. The group appeared to be on a tour and he was telling them the details of the ride. This is what he told them:

The gold ship in the pavilion is a model of the actual ride vehicle

There will be four people in each ride vehicle, each will have their own role in the mission

There will be simulated training for your role in the ride

Everyone will have a monitor in front of them, I believe he said in front of your face

The mission is to Mars

You will slingshot around the moon, experience ½ the G-forces of Astronauts, and brief weightlessness

There will be a post show on arrival at Mars

This is what I heard, obviously I cannot vouch for the credibility of his knowledge but I wanted to pass on what I had heard. After he left I got out my autograph book and wrote it all down so I would remember when I got back. As they were leaving he told the group as well, that there would be three new attractions by 2006-2007 that would be very good for the future of Epcot. Sounds great to me as Epcot is the park that made the biggest impression on me when I was on my first trip to Disney at age ten.

Please, please if you have already heard this info just ignore the post, I know some people have been flamed for repeating info, I would appreciate it if this did not happen to me. I tried to check back and see if this was already reported and some of it like the weightlessness I know I have seen elsewhere but I wanted to share everything he had said just in case. Anyhow, thanks for listening. I am sad to be home but this just means I get to begin planning my next trip, which hopefully will not take fifteen years to occur!! :)

leaf44

Original Poster
I am sorry, I just had a chance to look around more and saw that alot of this has already been said. I am really sorry, I just was so excited about what I heard that I wanted to share the info, I should have checked more carefully first. :(

tenchu

Originally posted by leaf44
I am sorry, I just had a chance to look around more and saw that alot of this has already been said. I am really sorry, I just was so excited about what I heard that I wanted to share the info, I should have checked more carefully first. :(

I wouldn't worry about it.

Lots of these things have been suggested, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Its good info! :) A good summary of a what we are 99% sure will happen inside! :)

LOL the only Mission Space posts that drive us nuts are the ones where people are convinced it is going to be a 400ft high roller coaster! :animwink:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Thanks! While there have been other posts, they often get convoluted and go in different directions until fact gets interspersed with speculation and rumors. This provides a nice, concise summary.

Legacy

Originally Posted By wdwmagic-
LOL the only Mission Space posts that drive us nuts are the ones where people are convinced it is going to be a 400ft high roller coaster!
:eek:

You mean it's NOT!?!?!?

;)

I am curious about the other attractions that were mentioned though...

JEDI1138

How was the cast member that was talking dressed? Did they have name tags on? If so, do you remember what was on the nametags? Was it a "100" or maybe a Scorcerer Mickey? Just curious, cause that will give a clue to the validity of the Info

Testtrack321

3 bits of new news:

-Individual Monitors
-Each person will have a role
-And a possible post show, not knowing if it's a movie, then the interactive stuff, or just the interactive stuff, don't know.

But it's nice to see somewhere else says says 06-07 will get new rides...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by JEDI1138
How was the cast member that was talking dressed? Did they have name tags on? If so, do you remember what was on the nametags? Was it a "100" or maybe a Scorcerer Mickey? Just curious, cause that will give a clue to the validity of the Info

Not sure about the name tag , but he did have big ears, a shinny nose with prominent hairs sticking out, and yes he was wearing a magicians hat:animwink:

kevlightyear

What a great story. Thanks so much for sharing! I would be going crazy if that happened to me. Anyway, I hadn't heard much of that, so thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good time!

isnet396

Originally posted by wdwmagic

LOL the only Mission Space posts that drive us nuts are the ones where people are convinced it is going to be a 400ft high roller coaster! :animwink:

If you recall, I believe WDWMagic posted a long, long, long time ago that the space travel would be like the ride system at Superman in 6Flags Magic Mtn., in CA.....there would be an enormous tower painted blue to match the sky so that it would feel like being launched into space. Sounds pretty stupid now, eh?

Ian

RozFan

Originally posted by isnet396

If you recall, I believe WDWMagic posted a long, long, long time ago that the space travel would be like the ride system at Superman in 6Flags Magic Mtn., in CA.....there would be an enormous tower painted blue to match the sky so that it would feel like being launched into space. Sounds pretty stupid now, eh?

Ian

Sounded pretty stupid then too! :lol:

Main Street USA

That's good info, Leaf44.

BTW, don't EVER let anyone stop you from sharing on these boards. If someone does call you stupid, he/she is only one person, and for that one person, there are a hundred that appreciated it!

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the boards!:)

MouseRight

Re: Mission: Space Info?

Hi everyone, .........

Please, please if you have already heard this info just ignore the post, I know some people have been flamed for repeating info, I would appreciate it if this did not happen to me. I tried to check back and see if this was already reported and some of it like the weightlessness I know I have seen elsewhere but I wanted to share everything he had said just in case. Anyhow, thanks for listening. I am sad to be home but this just means I get to begin planning my next trip, which hopefully will not take fifteen years to occur!! :)

I don't post often but am in the Boards daily. This last paragraph brings up something that has really been bugging me lately. Far too often, a person posts something that is important to them or wants to share and they get slammed by others. The Boards are like a cocktail party - you can walk around, hear conversations that interest you, and join in. If you are not interested, then don't join in. People shouldn't be slammed for trying to share information or ask questions. What gives the someone a right to put others down when all they are doing is using the Boards the way they were intended to be used. Let's give our fellow Disney unthusiasts a break. Mickey woudl!!!! :)

By the way Leaf44, that was a great report you gave. Thanks.

guwag

I can confirm that there are monitors in front of the riders seats, I had the opportunity to see the 'capsule' assemblies of Mission: Space in central shops on my Backstage Magic Tour. I seem to remember that there were joysticks in front of the seats too.

leaf44

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the welcome, you made me feel a lot better about this post! I actually had an absolutely wonderful time on my trip and when I have time I hope to post a full report of my vacation.

As for the question about the cast member, I recognized him as a cast member immediately as he was wearing a shirt and nametag I had seen other cast members throughout the day. Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to get a good look at his nametag so I can't say what was on it. His shirt if I remember was dark, polo style (like an alligator shirt) and had turquoise and pink on the color, and maybe turquoise on the edge of the sleeves). I was trying to look inconspicuous so I didn't look at him too much, but I did recognize him as a castmember immediately.

He was standing with the group holding a clipboard and appeared to be giving a tour of some sort. Everyone else in the group was very well dressed so I thought perhaps it was a special tour of some sort. Hope that helps! :)

MouseRight

Sounds like a tour for new cast members. I saw one when I was at Disney in Sept. All of the new cast members were dressed as you said and were being given a tour. Somewhere on their tags or on badges it said that they were new cast members. I remember thinking how cool it would be to be on such a tour - because it would mean that I had finally become a CM.

bvolguards

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Its good info! :) A good summary of a what we are 99% sure will happen inside! :)

You mean its not a coaster aw that sucks...............J/K:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom