MK Cinderella Castle Rehabs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

The gazebos on each side of the Castle Stage will be closing this Saturday, 8/17/02, and are being completely rebuilt. The new gazebos will be larger and accommodate the new sound/lighting/pyro controls for the Castle Stage, including brand new stage lighting fixtures. Completion is scheduled for mid October. Cinderella's Surprise Celebration show will not be effected by the rehab, as a temporary booth will be used in the meantime.

From August 18th through September 14th there will be a large crane next to Cinderella Castle to paint the roofs. The crane will be visible to Guests everyday, even during the first two weeks (weeks of August 18th and 25th) when all of the work will be done on a later shift. During the last two weeks (weeks of September 1st and 8th) work will be done during the day as well.

MKCustodial

One can only wonder the amount of work, if it's to be done during the day as well. Either that or Disney has totally lost their care for these smaller magic touches...

WDWspider

I would imagine the cranes are from outside and it is not going to be very easy to move them out of the way and back every day before guests arrive. Doing it like this is propably the best thing to have the minimal amount of crane useage so that the castle is rehabbed as quickly as possible. Yes, it's a pain to those who visit then, but it would have worse results if they drug it out to keep cranes out of the park during operation hours. IMHO

RobFL

Account Suspended
With Cinderella Castle estimated as the most photographed building in the world, i think having cranes out front for a short period isn't a major thing. Go buy a postcard.

-Rob

Jedi Osborn

yeah, but it still stinks for those who have waited so long to come to MK and finally see the castle and then have to look at the cranes too. There has to be a better way.

dixiegirl

thanks jedi.....my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!! if i wanted a postcard i'd go to the disneystore not spend$ 2,400.......oh well .. no need to get hostile rob...............:hammer:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Renovation has to be done sometime.

All of Epcot's world showcase is covered with work tarps and have a big giant black wall in Future World East that use to block the main artery until recently.

The parks can't be open 365 days a year without some small inconviences - good pictures are the least of the worries.

If you really want, i can superimpose your head onto the same picture everyone else who visits the parks takes of Cinderella Castle.

Why not, oh - i dunno, see this as an opportunity to take some "original" photography of other lesser seen details in the Magic Kingdom?

-Rob

Jedi Osborn

innoventions east is a bit different than the castle. People travel from all over the world to see that building.
I understand things need to be fixed up. But there are things that can be done out in the open and others that should be done behind the scenes.
Its not about pictures, its about magic. And there's no magic in cranes.

RobFL

Account Suspended
:fork:

Future World East is not the same as Innoventions East!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. You've got a lot to learn before you conquer "the world", young jedi.

:king:

Anywho.. I understand why you're a little dissapointed, but it's really not a big deal. Sure, you wanted to see it in all of its glory, but the castle itself is still there.. with cranes :)

Tinker toys for Tinkerbell perhaps?

I dunno, i'm tryin to be nice, but if you think cranes around the Castle will ruin your trip and you cant appreciate the billion and one wonders of WDW without it, then maybe you ought to reschedual your trip.

-Rob

WDWFREAK53

I can see how people would be disappointed...but think of it this way...People will be having the castle as a backdrop for their wedding pictures (not "magical" to have cranes in the background...) BUT...AT LEAST IT'S NOT PINK!

I agree with Spidey...it would be SOOOO inconvenient to move the cranes EVERY morning and then set them up again every night. THEY COULD do this...but wouldn't you rather have the money go towards something else??? Cranes cost a lot of money per day...and if they can get it done in a week or two instead of dragging it out 4 or 5 weeks, think of the money they are saving! PLUS...do you want to see the castle HALF-PAINTED??? Do the work in BULK! Get it done fast and efficiently!

Monorail Lime

If Pressler and his cronies really cared about good show they would use painters hanging from blimps to paint the top of the castle. This "crane" junk is just another example of cutting back on Disney magic to save a few bucks.

:fork::fork::fork:

indigo

I don't know... I heard from a friend who talked with a CM at the MK last week, that there was no guest demand for a regular castle at the Magic Kingdom, so they're bringing back the Birthday Cake that made so many little kids happy.

-indigo ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by indigo
I don't know... I heard from a friend who talked with a CM at the MK last week, that there was no guest demand for a regular castle at the Magic Kingdom, so they're bringing back the Birthday Cake that made so many little kids happy.

-indigo ;)

umm..

how do I put this nicely...

NO

Jedi Osborn

see what happens when you type and think too fast.

I never thought it would ruin a trip, but I can certainaly see it being a minor disappointment. There are tons of things to enjoy in each and every park.
But I still think it would stink to look at the castle and see a crane.

PS I'll probably get toasted for this, but I kind of liked the cake castle.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by indigo

-indigo ;)

Ahhhhh! Not the dreaded birthday cake!

Man, when we went on our honeymoon 6 years ago, it was right when they started the 25th celebrations.

The pink "birthday cake" castle was horriable! We both hate it, and thought it took away from the feeling of the castle, and the magic of MK in general. It just didn't look right. :mad:

At least the back side was not painted pink, and we could still see it in it's orriginal form from that side.

I hope they never do that again. The Epcot sign and the big hat are enough, leave the castle alone!

Pioneer Hall

At least you can still take pictures at night. Since they probably won't illuminate the cranes they won't be too visible in night time pictures.

Jedi Osborn

ha, illuminated cranes! now that would be a happy picture!

our first trip to WDW was in the middle of the 25th anniversary, so we had never seen the castle any other way. Maybe that's why we didn't mind so much.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I don't think most guests are really bothered by it...for the most part that is....remember that spaceship earth had a crane up next to it for like 4 months twice within a 2 year time frame.

It's all about doing what is necessary to get the results you want :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom