PHOTOS - Sight-line test balloons up over Disney's Polynesian Resort

Mike730

Does anyone know whether this usually happens in the "hmm can we put a new building there?" phase or the "well were definitely putting a new building there but how many floors can it be?" phase??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know whether this usually happens in the "hmm can we put a new building there?" phase or the "well were definitely putting a new building there but how many floors can it be?" phase??

It can be either, but it does seem to confirm that there is some real interest in doing something at the Poly.

GrumpyFan

It can be either, but it does seem to confirm that there is some real interest in doing something at the Poly.

Just speculating here, but I'm guessing they are in the early design/planning stage trying to determine building heights. I wouldn't expect to see anything happen at least until the Grand Floridian DVC is almost completed. But then again, they floated balloons in the area of the expected Wilderness DVC quite a while back, and if I remember correctly, plans even leaked prior to the Grand Floridian plan did, so there's really no telling what will happen or when. But, I'm thinking that a Poly DVC would be a big, BIG seller!

captainkidd

It was only a matter of time. The Polynesian is the only Deluxe Resort left with no DVC, and it's the most popular resort on property.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Tiki man told not too long ago that a rebuild of the Poly was heavily rumoured....

Anyone really think this could happen??

captainkidd

Is that a fact or your opinion? I had never heard that. I assume that means it has the highest occupancy rates on property?

I can't say for sure it's a "fact" (and it's not my personal favorite), but based upon occupancy rates, opinions of people on every Disney message board I've ever been on, and statements made in all the major travel guides, I'd say it's a safe bet that it's the most popular resort.

When we had that month long ultimate resort poll here last month, the Poly came out on top by a long shot. Wilderness Lodge was the closest, but a distant 2nd.

MarkTwain

Uh-oh.

I would hope that they would at least have the sense not to build a high-rise DVC component next to a low-rise hotel... but after seeing Disney build a DVC on top of the beach at what was supposed to be a beach hotel, I'm not too sure of anything these days.

DisneyJoe

I can't say for sure it's a "fact" (and it's not my personal favorite), but based upon occupancy rates, opinions of people on every Disney message board I've ever been on, and statements made in all the major travel guides, I'd say it's a safe bet that it's the most popular resort.

I have read that the Poly and WL have the highest level of repeat guests. I assume that would make them "most popular".

bamillerpa

Anyone know where they wanted to put DVC's there or are they still talking about redoing the entire property? We are staying there in September. Any thoughts if this would effect anything that early or do they normally take much longer than that to get started?

Tom

Beta Return
Anyone know where they wanted to put DVC's there or are they still talking about redoing the entire property? We are staying there in September. Any thoughts if this would effect anything that early or do they normally take much longer than that to get started?

Rooms will always be available at the Poly. Don't fret.

jt04

I predict DVC. And I'm saving my pennies now!

I agree. There is space for them to do this right and I think they will. The opening of the Animation Resort and the DVC tower at the GF (if that is what it is) makes redoing the Poly viable.

Rooms will always be available at the Poly. Don't fret.

Agreed again as they have space to do this in phases should they choose.

EXCITING!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom