Fantasyland Construction Pics (HM pathway, fantasyland, walls, etc.)

MissM

Original Poster
Went to MK yesterday. Here's a few pics.

Haunted Mansion/New Restroom progress
(The pet cemetery looks kinda sad right now with all the walls and such around it. Feels like it's inches away from destruction but hopefully, once it's done, it won't feel so out of place.)

wdw-may12-hm2.jpg

wdw-may12-hm1.jpg

wdw-may12-hm3.jpg

Some Walls/Construction
(Fantasyland near the Carousel looks weirdly boxed in right now. Though I was impressed with how LARGE the castle wall structures look in person!)

wdw-may12-nfl1a.jpg

wdw-may12-nfl1b.jpg

Work on Small World's facade. (Again??)
(Wasn't it redone recently already? I was confused why there were scrims up yesterday.)

wdw-may12-nfl1c.jpg

View from PeopleMover
(You can really see the rock work a lot more now in the parks, even over the walls. Love said he thinks it looks too much like Big Thunder which I never really thought of before. We'll see how it looks when finished.)

wdw-may12-nfl1d.jpg

Construction is REALLY active right now and it's weird seeing so much going up at the same time. The Mine Train steelwork looks huge and the castle walls look towering and overall, it's a much larger scale in person than it appears in pics.

estam

I will be there the 14th and start to wonder if I need to pack my hardhat to:lol:
Contructionwalls are growing faster than the weeds.

Thanks again for the photo's, it's gone be a long week.:wave:

tl77

wow looks good, nice photos

Does anyone know what that giant corrugated steel wall for in the Haunted Mansion pics, I didn't the new construction was that close to the HM

Hopefully this means some fanbois will stop complaining about the It's a Small World facade needing refurbishment. It's funny, because almost everything I have heard complained about like it was the end of the world has been fixed in the past few weeks. Some people just need to give them some time.

jt04

Hopefully this means some fanbois will stop complaining about the It's a Small World facade needing refurbishment. It's funny, because almost everything I have heard complained about like it was the end of the world has been fixed in the past few weeks. Some people just need to give them some time.

Hopefully this is not another refrb of the tents as they really need removing because they no longer fit in with the rest of FL. Same with PPF.

Ignohippo

Bullsforthewin!!!

WED Purist

Does anyone know what that giant corrugated steel wall for in the Haunted Mansion pics, I didn't the new construction was that close to the HM

It's called 'sheet piling', and is used during construction to hold back soil while you build the permanent footings and walls. There was a ton of it for Mine Train.

MissM

Original Poster
I didn't the new construction was that close to the HM
Just to be clear: the "New Fantasyland" construction isn't that close. This is the cleared out area where the Fantasyland Skyway Station used to be located. It's going to be a new restroom and pathway to open up the narrow, bottle-neck of foot traffic from Fantasyland into Liberty Square. :)

RandySavage

I just sat here and stared at this pic for the longest time. It's amazing how wildly different that view looks like now. And to think, this is how it is going to look from now on.

The FLE is really impressive looking from the California Grill observation deck (and probably even more so from the closer BLT roof deck). I snapped a couple photos when I was up there in mid-April:
7004298292_c69a37185b_b.jpg

7004297868_6c48290272_b.jpg

7150390495_6bf387165d_b.jpg

totmaintman

Great pics. I had wondered how the HM side of the new walkway looked.
It does look strange from the People Mover. Going to take a while for that to set in.

Magenta Panther

Is the new bathroom that close to the Haunted Mansion?

If so...wouldn't it be neat if the bathroom had HM decor? Maybe with ghosts occasionally appearing in the mirrors and ghostly sounds coming out of the walls (take that, Moaning Myrtle!) :lol:

disney fan 13

Could you please quote where more then 3 people (in the last year!) have said that the IASW's facade needs refurbishment, Bulls?

Goofy6294

I just sat here and stared at this pic for the longest time. It's amazing how wildly different that view looks like now. And to think, this is how it is going to look from now on.

The plan is to insert a lot of mature trees in the FLE. You probably won't even know it's there from that vantage point once everything is complete.

G00fyDad

Could you please quote where more then 3 people (in the last year!) have said that the IASW's facade needs refurbishment, Bulls?

He can't. That's why he uses the tern fanbois (as if that was even witty at all). That term is typically used when they have no compelling case for their arguement and need that extra push to make it seem as if there were some weight behind their statement. "If I call them fanbois then people will think that I am a knowledgeable poster and will take anything I say seriously." :rolleyes:

The plan is to insert a lot of mature trees in the FLE. You probably won't even know it's there from that vantage point once everything is complete.

I guess that would be nice. I know they want to keep things visually to one area except for transition spots on the walking paths.

Hahahaha! It's gotta be him.

Guaranteed. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom