PHOTO - A 'pre-paint' look at Monorail Peach in the maintenance area

Monorail_Orange

Looking good! I have no problem with "peach" being the new identifier. Although, I would still like to see them do two black pinstripes and designate it Monorail White, but again, Peach works nicely too.

WDWFREAK53

It might just be my monitor...but are we sure it'll be a stripe? The entire cab looks like it has a peach hue. Maybe the cab and train will be peach with a different color stripe (Maroon was a rumor before "peach" came into the picture.) (Look at the bottom pieces...they have that off-white/grayish color...and it's much different from the rest of the train).

Monorail_Orange

Peach is OK, but I'm still wondering just how close in color Peach, Pink and Coral will be...

-Rob

I'm guessing it will be clearly distinguished from Orange and Coral, either by Deltas or some other methodology to avoid visual confusion - perhaps peach will have blue deltas to distinguish from Coral (w/white deltas). But that's simply a guess.

Monorail Black

I would have preferred maroon, but there's nothing wrong with peach. Looking forward to seeing how different it looks from Coral. Guessing here, but it probably won't have deltas like Coral, Lime and Teal do.

Will it have the Ds, though? I am betting it won't!

Monorail_Orange

I was thinking it could need deltas to distinguish it from my own namesake, which is a solid stripe, but it really depends on what shade of peach they go with.

Monorail Black

It would probably be quite close in shade to Orange, although the Monorail Peach at Tokyo looks very close to Coral. There's quite a broad range of shades they could go with. Let's just hope it's a better likeness than Teal.

There are a couple of other instances where colours could be confused such as Gold/Silver and Gold/Yellow in strong sunlight, so maybe they'll try to avoid deltas altogether this time.

Scuttle

It would look so good if they left it white and added two black pinstripes on the side. Does anybody else think that would look amazing!?

goofntink

Trust me when I say we tried. A number of us commented on how good it looks completely white. We actually said to leave it completely white no stripe or pinstriping at all.

montyz81

I think it will look fine as a peach stripe. I think this is a great sign of moving forward from the tragedy.

Can't wait to see the whole thing.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Does anyone know if the construction of the new noses of this train included any reinforcement to prevent them from collapsing in the event of collision?

gators11

Does anyone know if the construction of the new noses of this train included any reinforcement to prevent them from collapsing in the event of collision?

No the cabs were built using the same molds and the same way as when they were originally brought into service. The only reason they didn't is because with this design adding reinforcement would add weight that would add greater stress on the power equipment. They could in the future but would have to re-design the whole train to equalize the weight out.

montyz81

So net net, nothing at all has changed? That begs the question, Did they include seating in the cabs for passengers? I ask this only assuming that there will never be guest up front again.

Monorail_Orange

So net net, nothing at all has changed? That begs the question, Did they include seating in the cabs for passengers? I ask this only assuming that there will never be guest up front again.

Interesting question. I'm hoping the seating areas are there, and I'm hoping eventually, we'll see a return to guests being able to ride in the Cab with the pilots. After all, Disneyland's Monorails still allow guests up front, if this were never going to be allowed again, I would think something would change there as well. But certainly I agree if "Peach" has no seats in the cabs, that would indicate riders will not be up front for the foreseeable future.

xtimMOOthyx

Would I be correct in assuming that Monorail Peach is made up of both old parts from the undamaged parts of the train involved in the accident, as well as a few new pieces? Or is this an all new train?

Communicore

Would I be correct in assuming that Monorail Peach is made up of both old parts from the undamaged parts of the train involved in the accident, as well as a few new pieces? Or is this an all new train?

That's my question as well. I also hope the aircon works. It's either full blast or off in these antiquated rides. I'm still a big fan though. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom