Jennings Osborne passes

MissM

67? Wow, that's young. Sorry to hear of his passing. He certainly gave an amazing gift though to the world with his lights. I know it makes our holiday season every year to see them.

My sympathies to his family.

jwarren3768

Original Poster
I've only been blessed enough to see the lights at WDW twice, but each time is simply amazing. I wonder is the folks in charge may do something special in Jening's honor this year.

My thoughts go out as well.

Atta83

I finally got to meet the entire family last yea. Truely an amazing man who did alot for a community. My thoughts go out to Mitzy and Breezy.

PhilharMagician

Sad to hear. I wonder if his family will try to keep up with the annual BBQ's? The man had a big heart and always seemed to be giving something back to his community.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Jennings Osborne

Years ago we lived about a half mile from his compound in Little Rock, Jennings would pass out the very large candy canes to the children as they walked up and would give families a tour of his "hidden" lights that were not visible from the street. His genuine love for doing big things for other people will be sorely missed. We missed the lights here in Little Rock when they went out and now visit them every year in Disney World.

Jennings, you will be missed. My heart goes out to Mitzi and Breezey.

Mukta

:(

I am forever grateful to him for the beautiful legacy he left us. I'll never forget how I felt to see those lights for the first time.

MerlinTheGoat

Those lights were the highlight of my Christmas time at WDW. I'm so very sad to hear he's gone. He wasn't too old either, very unfortunate. I'm also very sorry about how his wife and family must feel right now.

I hope Disney keeps his name on the lights and pays him proper tribute. Assuming they keep using them after this (dunno if he sponsored them or if Disney was the sole sponsor of it).

Flight Safety

R.I.P. And thank you for making every Christmas something I truly value, and will never forget.

I remember back in 95' seeing the lights for the first time during the backlot tour. I have only missed 1 year since then. It's absolutely the highlight of my Christmas every year.

quirkle

The good die young.:(
I remember seeing them on the back lot tour with my husband on our Disneymoon.

Then I brought my daughters to see them 2 years ago and I will never forget the look on my eldest daughter's face when she saw the entire display and it was the most magical moment. I hope Disney pays tribute to this great man.

mickeysaver

This is sad news. I will keep his family in my prayers.

I am thankful that Mr. Osborne entrusted the Lights to WDW. I would likely never have had the pleasure of viewing them had they not left Arkansas. I look forward to seeing them again at the holidays this year. I can't explain it, but they just seem to signify the holiday and the holiday spirit so well for me. My holiday season would just not be the same without them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom